Ctrl+V Thread

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Re: Ctrl+V Thread

Post by mangaluva »

dihydrogen monoxide

...this is a school computer so I've no idea who was on last or why they were typing this. Doesn't it just mean water?
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Post by miakakiri »

Dude! It's actually warmish! 39F!!
* Neko|Asleep is now known as NekoHaruko
Why did I almost type Miaka as my nick name?
* NekoHaruko rubs her face
Whaaa?? You can't be me!
I'm me!
I know...

Good morning IRC channel...completely random.
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

I danced with my science teacher on your car because I’m a Ninja!

Don't ask. Please don't.
miakakiri

Post by miakakiri »

\And of course he'll waste all the money on beer and gambling again.\

Moving lines in the RP edit. Which won't be going up today, I can't focus....still upset over fallout from last week.
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

when reading a blog about Japan, I came across the sentance "The vending machine dispensed warm bread in a can". I don't know what to ask about first.

I still don't.
karisama
why do we bake cookies and cook bacon?

Post by karisama »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KamS7uzctaA

ohhh the link of an anime OP..don't watch if you know what's good for you.

"I swear to drunk I'm not God." - Colonel Roy Mustang [from a fanmade icon]

Al: So what's your strategy, Brother?
Ed: I told you, a fist in his face!

Hughes: Yo, Ed! Getting it on with a girl in your hospital room?
Ed: She's just my automail mechanic!
Hughes: Ah, so you've seduced your mechanic? Not bad, midget.

"LOYAL CANINE HOW WE SALUTE THEE!" - Colonel
miakakiri

Post by miakakiri »

So now I have to come up with a plan of action, which aren't always my strongest suits. Spades is usually my strongest suit.

I found my brother's blog last night. This quote is a good example of his sense of humor.

mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

There's a stake in your fat black heart
And the villagers never liked you.
They are dancing and stamping on you.
They always knew it was you.
Daddy, daddy, you bastard, I'm through.

Part of a Plath poem that i'm writing an essay on. She was not a happy bunny.

(PS miakakiri- I like your brother's sense of humour XDXD)
miakakiri

Post by miakakiri »

http://jobview.monster.com/METAMORPHOSI ... 05387.aspx

Er....job posting I was looking at....copied it into an e-mail because I was looking at it on a different computer, and then copied it from my e-mail into the address bar.
Yeah, I'm job-hunting. Got laid off last week.

(PS mangaluva: My whole family does that kind of humor. *^_^* Drives my friends up the wall sometimes.)

mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

Spoiler:
Subject: Kudo Shinichi
Prognosis: Identity crisis (no shit, Sherlock)
Subject is an Asian teen male, age 17 (physically 7 at present). Most striking personality feature is the immensely high IQ and highly logical mindset. Definitely a very left-brained individual- logical, mathematical, most comfortable with set facts and controlled variables. IQ is likely 180+, definitely somewhere in genius territory. While he’s fond of soccer, it’s likely that he could quickly master any sport he turns his hand (or foot) to, particularly structured or team sports with set rules and regulations. He likes to keep himself in shape, even more so as Conan since he clearly resents the physical barriers brought on by his reduced size.
Social relationships, on the other hand, are an entirely different matter. His high IQ sets him apart from his peers and even most adults; as an adult, this led to an ego problem, primarily that it was so inflated that you could rent it out for children’s parties (as long as they took their shoes off first). Shrinking must have been a terrible blow to that, not only because of the huge physical limitations it brought (this tends to be a bigger deal for males who, no matter how intellectual, are still inclined to compete physically, only made worse by the fact that he was clearly a shrimp for his age; not only is he smaller than a 17-year-old, he’s smaller than most 7-year-olds) but because while once everyone listened to him and praised him before, people don’t take kids seriously. He’s not listened to and generally brushed off or downright ignored, even though he’s right. He’s probably unused to being out of the spotlight, and the adults around him will seem condescending, stupid or slow (likely all three in Kogoro’s case). This makes it a little difficult for him to happily deal with adults, and dealing with actual kids is even harder due to the vast difference in mental level.
His acting skills are what’s saving him; as was seen at the school play and in his ability to deceive everyone into believing that he’s “Conanâ€
Girl19

Post by Girl19 »

Spoiler:
Awwwwwww! :-* :-*
[center]Image Image
â
miakakiri

Post by miakakiri »

Stewing beef, daikon, potatoes, carrots, onion, turnip, mushrooms, and broth, plus sage, rosemary, and thyme, dump it all in a big pot and cook for a couple hours (of course don't forget to sear the meat first!)....VERY yum! *^_^*

Er...recipe for beef stew. It's very good! No, I don't know why I had that in my clipboard. I'm very random sometimes...~_~*

Umandsf
Something witty should go here.

Post by Umandsf »

å