Mystery Poll: Poll #37

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Uchiha Shadow

Re: Mystery Poll: #15

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Kor wrote: That's not a thing Shuukichi has any reason to hide. Why can't he tell her what he's doing when a random person on the street knows what he's doing? This is kind of a big issue as far as the middle brother characterization goes, and Shuukichi just doesn't really fit the bill, because this behavior just doesn't make sense on his part (nor does Sera's apparent extreme obliviousness when her whole family seems to know what this supposed "middle brother" is doing).
I don't disagree with you when it comes to that, it's true that it isn't something to hide, but that isn't a convincing argument that can be used, your only using his personality and ignoring all the other things, besides, we don't really know whether he knows Akai is dead or that his mother is shrunken, obviously whether he knows or not will not be shown to us though, so it's pointless to talk about that, and Sera was in America for 3 years so it's not far-fetched that she doesn't know what he is doing.
Sera also said her mother is still in America, does that mean MG can't be the mother? Like, you know, Sera has been lying and withholding information from Conan (for some reason), so how do you know that this whole middle brother story is true. How do you know which parts should be taken wholeheartedly and which parts shouldn't?
I know because, Sera has a reason to lie about her mother being in America, if she didn't say that, then Conan would eventually know or at least suspect that unknown child is the shrunken mother, and Sera doesn't want to let him know who she is until their eventual meeting in the future, but as far as the middle brother thing goes, she has no reason to lie about it.
How so?
If a BO member was to know she knows of him being alive, then she'll be in more danger and they'll target her since that would mean that she was in on his fake death plan, while if she didn't know about it, they wouldn't target her.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Kor wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote: Only three, huh? I'd guess you'd probably have more, but only you know how many you have.
It's a list in progress.
But more seriously, when I'm writing a thing such as "Kor's list of potential things that will make him sad" I'm probably just being extremely cheeky and there's no need to take it so seriously.
Ah, darn... I keep responding to you while somehow forgetting that since I'm doing so through text, it has the possibility of being misinterpreted. Seems even you deconstructing my post about "tolerance of fiction" (which was rife with things that were misinterpreted) doesn't seem to be getting to me. :'(

Thus, here's a better version of my previous post, which I will also edit accordingly.
DCUniverseAficionado wrote: Only three, huh? I'd guess you'd probably have more, but only you know how many you have. ;)
More on topic...
Uchiha Shadow wrote:Letting Sera know he's alive would make her under even more danger than before.
Kor wrote:How so?
Uchiha Shadow wrote:If a BO member was to know she knows of him being alive, then she'll be in more danger and they'll target her since that would mean that she was in on his fake death plan, while if she didn't know about it, they wouldn't target her.
This is like an argument for why Ran should be kept from finding out that Shinichi is Conan... I don't agree with that argument, and I don't agree with this one. Odds are that Masumi can keep a secret—after all, she's been keeping her own history and connection with the Mystery Girl secret for all this time. Say what you will about Ran's ability to keep secrets (which is another topic, entirely), but why would Masumi be just as likely to let slip a vital secret? Plus, the BO doesn't know that Shuichi faked his death—if anything, they'd be attracted to her/target her because of the fact that she looks like Shuichi, not because she was in on a plan that the BO isn't even aware of. As with Ran's connection to Shinichi, Masumi's mere connection to Shuichi will result in her being targeted—even more so because of the threat that Shuichi posed to the BO.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote: This is like an argument for why Ran should be kept from finding out that Shinichi is Conan... I don't agree with that argument, and I don't agree with this one. Odds are that Masumi can keep a secret—after all, she's been keeping her own history and connection with the Mystery Girl secret for all this time. Say what you will about Ran's ability to keep secrets (which is another topic, entirely), but why would Masumi be just as likely to let slip a vital secret? Plus, the BO doesn't know that Shuichi faked his death—if anything, they'd be attracted to her/target her because of the fact that she looks like Shuichi, not because she was in on a plan that the BO isn't even aware of. As with Ran's connection to Shinichi, Masumi's mere connection to Shuichi will result in her being targeted—even more so because of the threat that Shuichi posed to the BO.
I didn't say that the BO knows about the plan, what I mean is that if they were ever to know of the plan, she would be targeted if she knows about it, and it's true that she can keep secrets, but what if they try the same thing as in the Bourbon arc? I'm not saying any of this will happen, but from Akai and Conan's point of view, it should be possible for something like that to happen.
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: #16

Post by Kor »

The new poll is up

Sorry :-X
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

Why You put Koumei on the first slot? xD

Voted for Azusa, Sakurako, and Araide.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
PirateKing

Post by PirateKing »

LOL, Otaki-Han :P

Voted for Mystery Girl. I sense a tragic flashback on the way.
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

PirateKing wrote:Voted for Mystery Girl. I sense a tragic flashback on the way.
Yeah, her husband already died, so it is about time for her to find a new one.
PirateKing

Post by PirateKing »

Nemomon wrote:
Haha, I meant that we'd get a flashback of how she met her husband, leading to his eventual death. It'd be a bit too much to expect that she gets her own body back and get a new husband XD
Last edited by PirateKing on July 6th, 2015, 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Voted for Sakurako, Azusa, Amuro and Yoko.

Also was 50/50 on Camel, but decided not to vote for him. (I don't put it beyond Gosho to give him a romance plot, though)
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Otaki, Sakurako, Azusa and Amuro
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

PirateKing wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Haha, I meant that we'd get a flashback of how she met her husband, leading to his eventual death. It'd be a bit too much to expect that she gets her own body back [align=] and [/align] get a new husband XD
I agree that it would be quite fun and enjoyable to see how she met her husband. Perhaps the plot would move forward a little bit.

But I was not joking about a new husband ;). You see apparently Mitsu likes older women, and since Haibara is not interested in him ("I can't possibly fall in love with kids."), I'm pretty sure he would find the MG attractive too ;).
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Uchiha Shadow wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:This is like an argument for why Ran should be kept from finding out that Shinichi is Conan... I don't agree with that argument, and I don't agree with this one. Odds are that Masumi can keep a secret—after all, she's been keeping her own history and connection with the Mystery Girl secret for all this time. Say what you will about Ran's ability to keep secrets (which is another topic, entirely), but why would Masumi be just as likely to let slip a vital secret? Plus, the BO doesn't know that Shuichi faked his death—if anything, they'd be attracted to her/target her because of the fact that she looks like Shuichi, not because she was in on a plan that the BO isn't even aware of. As with Ran's connection to Shinichi, Masumi's mere connection to Shuichi will result in her being targeted—even more so because of the threat that Shuichi posed to the BO.
I didn't say that the BO knows about the plan, what I mean is that if they were ever to know of the plan, she would be targeted if she knows about it, and it's true that she can keep secrets, but what if they try the same thing as in the Bourbon arc? I'm not saying any of this will happen, but from Akai and Conan's point of view, it should be possible for something like that to happen.
Ah... thanks for clarification.

The only reason Vermouth disguising as Shuichi worked was because she was kept in the dark about her brother actually being alive. She could've responded to Vermouth in a way that came off as ignorant, while really knowing the truth.

The case with Kogoro nearly being sniped by the BO goes to show that, knowingly or otherwise, they target people connected to who they perceive as a threat—Gin was ready to kill Kogoro, and then go down the line of people connected to him to find out who'd bugged them, before Shuichi intervened. By mere associationwith Kogoro, Shinichi/Conan almost got him killed—Kogoro knew nothing about Shinichi's/Conan's silent clash with the BO.

If the BO found out about Shuichi's fake death technique, Kir would be slated for execution—that would be their first order of business. Next, they would search for Shuichi, and target those connected to him in order to draw him out. If they knew about Masumi, she would be targeted because of her connection to Shuichi, not because she could have potentially aided him in the fake death technique. Assuming that Vermouth and Bourbon would stay silent about Shinichi's/Conan's involvement, he and Agasa would not be targeted, because the BO would see nothing to connect them to Shuichi with. They would know about the fake death technique, but they would not be targeted. The BO would discriminate based on the people connected to a person who threatened them—the knowledge of the people connected to the person threatening the BO, in terms of knowing about said person's actions, would be irrelevant, or, at least, not as important as mere association.

I'll accept that characters who are kept in the dark gaining knowledge about what they're being kept in the dark about could lead to bad things for them and those keeping them in the dark who do so in what they perceive is an action of protection, but it should also be realized that the characters merely being kept in the dark could lead to bad things for them and those keeping them in the dark could lead to bad things for all of them. Kogoro had no idea he was about to die—if Shuichi hadn't intervened, who knows how many others would have been targeted, including Shinichi/Conan, himself?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
PT
Community Mad Scientist
to cammel's bav we go!

Post by PT »

The boss.
pofa wrote: I have never done a single thing wrong in mafia, never one lie or act of violence
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

Hideo, because it would be different. I will probably be very sad if Amuro gets one. He's cool the way he is, please don't put him in the box with all the childhood loves and whatnot.
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Commi-Ninja wrote:Hideo, because it would be different. I will probably be very sad if Amuro gets one. He's cool the way he is, please don't put him in the box with all the childhood loves and whatnot.
It's exactly because Gosho seems to like Amuro a lot that I'm under the impression Amuro will also get subjected to Gosho's tendency.