Mystery Poll: Poll #37

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MeiTanteixX

Re: Mystery Poll: Week #11 (read first post)

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Uchiha Shadow wrote:
Kor wrote:A question for anyone who thinks Elena and Masumi's mother are sisters (+ that the unknown child is Masumi's mother):
Elena is British, but Conan never notes any foreign elements regarding MG when he spots her, so do you have any possible solution/explanation for this issue?
First of all we don't know how Elena looks like, she might not look very British, I also don't think it was stated that ELena was fully British(correct me if I'm wrong here), thus there is still a chance that the other sister(Masumi's mother) looks like the non-British parent, one more thing you have to look at, is that the Unknown child who is most likely the mother, has blond hair, which means she's not 100% Japanese, there is also the other hint when Haibara said in Sherry's Soliloquy that the Unknown child looks like her, that is coming from Gosho himself, I don't think that's a coincidence. Since there are quite a few hints that Masumi and the Unknown child are both British, it's the most likely answer at this point.
Best answer from, probably, everyone who supports the ''Elena is a Sera'' theory!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

Uchiha Shadow wrote:
Kor wrote:A question for anyone who thinks Elena and Masumi's mother are sisters (+ that the unknown child is Masumi's mother):
Elena is British, but Conan never notes any foreign elements regarding MG when he spots her, so do you have any possible solution/explanation for this issue?
First of all we don't know how Elena looks like, she might not look very British, I also don't think it was stated that ELena was fully British(correct me if I'm wrong here), thus there is still a chance that the other sister(Masumi's mother) looks like the non-British parent, one more thing you have to look at, is that the Unknown child who is most likely the mother, has blond hair, which means she's not 100% Japanese, there is also the other hint when Haibara said in Sherry's Soliloquy that the Unknown child looks like her, that is coming from Gosho himself, I don't think that's a coincidence. Since there are quite a few hints that Masumi and the Unknown child are both British, it's the most likely answer at this point.
Well in volume 38,Agasa talked about Ai's parents,and he said her mother Elena wasn't japanese,but came from England to study in Japan.
Same thing in volume 41,when conan went to visit Atsushi's friend,one of the guys said Atsushi came back once,and brought along a beautiful foreign wife.So the people who met Elena said she was a foreigner,there was nothing japanese in her look according to them.
Concerning the soliloquy,maybe what Gosho means is that MG looks like Haibara in her behavior(which is true),or he wanted to imply she is a shrunken adult like Ai.I think we should be careful with the solliloquy thing.

So for now I have the same opinion as Kor.
Last edited by AICHAN on May 6th, 2015, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

AICHAN wrote:
Uchiha Shadow wrote:
Well in volume 38,Agasa talked about Ai's parents,and he said her mother Elena wasn't japanese,but came from England to study in Japan.
Same thing in volume 41,when conan went to visit Atsushi's friend,one of the guys said Atsushi came back once,and brought along a beautiful foreign wife.So the people who met Elena said she was a foreigner,there was nothing japanese in her look according to them.
Concerning the soliloquy,maybe what Gosho means is that MG looks like Haibara in her behavior(which is true),or he wanted to imply she is a shrunken adult like Ai.I think we should be careful with the solliloquy thing.
Fair enough, I'm still sticking to my opinion here, it bothers me that we never saw Elena's eyes, could it be proof that they are related? The only other option that could make sense is Amuro's mother, which is fine and acceptable by me, but we never saw her and the only thing that could be considered a hint at this point is him knowing Elena, which can still be explained even if that wasn't the case.
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

Uchiha Shadow wrote:
AICHAN wrote:
Uchiha Shadow wrote:
Fair enough, I'm still sticking to my opinion here, it bothers me that we never saw Elena's eyes, could it be proof that they are related? The only other option that could make sense is Amuro's mother, which is fine and acceptable by me, but we never saw her and the only thing that could be considered a hint at this point is him knowing Elena, which can still be explained even if that wasn't the case.
We never saw Atsushi's face either.I guess it will be important in the future.
Elena could be Vermouth's sister for all we know.There is nothing that makes me believe Elena is Sera's mom sister.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Uchiha Shadow wrote: First of all we don't know how Elena looks like, she might not look very British, I also don't think it was stated that ELena was fully British(correct me if I'm wrong here), thus there is still a chance that the other sister(Masumi's mother) looks like the non-British parent, one more thing you have to look at, is that the Unknown child who is most likely the mother, has blond hair, which means she's not 100% Japanese,
The blonde hair could be dyed for all we know (we still don't know what's up with Amuro's hair either). Not saying that it is, but it's an existing possibility.
there is also the other hint when Haibara said in Sherry's Soliloquy that the Unknown child looks like her, that is coming from Gosho himself, I don't think that's a coincidence. Since there are quite a few hints that Masumi and the Unknown child are both British, it's the most likely answer at this point.
Sherry's Soliloquy is used by Gosho for the sake of teases, jokes, references, poking fun at himself and sometimes also hints. It can just as well be that Gosho noticed how similar the girl's design turned out to be compared to Haibara's and just decided to joke about it (truth be told, other than the haircut and maybe hair color, they really don't look that similar to me). This is also a world in which Kaito and Shinichi look very much alike but don't seem to be related (there's also the Okita dude from Osaka), same for Ran and Aoko, same for Sato and Kobayashi (and Gosho acknowledges those look alike as well). We have precedence of characters looking like other characters even though they don't seem to be related.
Fair enough, I'm still sticking to my opinion here, it bothers me that we never saw Elena's eyes, could it be proof that they are related?
Not seeing Elena's eyes was a thing way back during the Vermout arc. That was way before Gosho even thought of making Sera (and probably most of her accompanied mysteries).
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Kor wrote:
Uchiha Shadow wrote: First of all we don't know how Elena looks like, she might not look very British, I also don't think it was stated that ELena was fully British(correct me if I'm wrong here), thus there is still a chance that the other sister(Masumi's mother) looks like the non-British parent, one more thing you have to look at, is that the Unknown child who is most likely the mother, has blond hair, which means she's not 100% Japanese,
The blonde hair could be dyed for all we know (we still don't know what's up with Amuro's hair either). Not saying that it is, but it's an existing possibility.
there is also the other hint when Haibara said in Sherry's Soliloquy that the Unknown child looks like her, that is coming from Gosho himself, I don't think that's a coincidence. Since there are quite a few hints that Masumi and the Unknown child are both British, it's the most likely answer at this point.
Sherry's Soliloquy is used by Gosho for the sake of teases, jokes, references, poking fun at himself and sometimes also hints. It can just as well be that Gosho noticed how similar the girl's design turned out to be compared to Haibara's and just decided to joke about it (truth be told, other than the haircut and maybe hair color, they really don't look that similar to me). This is also a world in which Kaito and Shinichi look very much alike but don't seem to be related (there's also the Okita dude from Osaka), same for Ran and Aoko, same for Sato and Kobayashi (and Gosho acknowledges those look alike as well). We have precedence of characters looking like other characters even though they don't seem to be related.
Fair enough, I'm still sticking to my opinion here, it bothers me that we never saw Elena's eyes, could it be proof that they are related?
Not seeing Elena's eyes was a thing way back during the Vermout arc. That was way before Gosho even thought of making Sera (and probably most of her accompanied mysteries).
But still, in her latest appearance in Amuro's flashback, we still don't see her eyes, that means that Gosho still doesn't want us to see her eyes.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Kor wrote:
Even though the Sera parts might've been added on later, the Idea of making ''Akai related to Elena'' itself isn't neccessary a bad reason for hiding her eyes(that might have the eyebags)...
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Image Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: Break

Post by Kor »

Mystery Poll will be on a break until the next time the manga goes on a break again

So Basically, I hope I don't need to make another poll too soon.
We kinda covered most of the current mysteries of the series, so hopefully until there's another break, Gosho will give us something new (or resolve one of the mysteries)

In the meanwhile, feel free to suggest poll ideas for when there'll be a new manga break, and feel free to discuss any of the former topics we dealt with, or talk about the results of the various polls.
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: #12

Post by Kor »

The new poll is up
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Re: Mystery Poll: Break

Post by Nemomon »

Kor wrote:I hope I don't need to make another poll too soon.

Hmm.... You didn't survive for long :P

On topic: Normally I would vote for Amuro, but so far he had so many chances to discover the identity, and he didn't do that, so I think he won't fint it out.

So I voted for Kuroda, he's too much interested of Conan, and already knows about him more than for example Takagi who is Conan's tool.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Heliotropic

Post by Heliotropic »

I'm a bit torn, although I decided to go with Amuro. Kuroda's also a likely candidate imo, as he seems to be confident that Conan is at least behind Kogoro (but then again, Kansuke mentioned this too) and from what little we've seen of him, he seems quite competent.
On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if Jodie doesn't learn something with Akai back in the picture (doubtful though).
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

It should be jodie! With that little "shin-conan-chan" hint that got stuck to her mind I wouldn't be surprised if she eventually figured it out, since she's aware that haibara also had a adult image for an unknown reason...
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image Image
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

MeiTanteixX wrote:It should be jodie! With that little "shin-conan-chan" hint that got stuck to her mind I wouldn't be surprised if she eventually figured it out, since she's aware that haibara also had a adult image for an unknown reason...
I think that it will be Jodie too.
Mikasa

Post by Mikasa »

MeiTanteixX wrote:It should be jodie! With that little "shin-conan-chan" hint that got stuck to her mind I wouldn't be surprised if she eventually figured it out, since she's aware that haibara also had a adult image for an unknown reason...
I think the same too.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Went with Amuro.