Mystery Poll: Poll #37

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Re: Mystery Poll: Week #10 (read first post)

Post by Nemomon »

The UK option is interesting too, though for me the striking parts are:

- how he came to the UK
- what he was doing in there
- how he met Elena
- how he left UK

He's a Japanese boy. It is not that often for Japanese people (or any other people) to permanently leave their own country. Therefore if he left it as a child, his parents probably were important enough. Since Gosho didn't say a word about them yet, we have to assume that their existence or not is irrelevant. Therefore, the next problem is how he met Elena. We can risk saying that they didn't bump into each other on the street. At least the picture with Rei and Elena suggests that Rei was not kidnapped. Therefore there must be a really good reason why a woman was interested in a few years old child, and decided to show him the BO, and possibly raise him as a BO agent. Finally, if he was living in the UK, why did he back to the Japan?

This is why I think he was raised in the Japan.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Nemomon wrote:The UK option is interesting too, though for me the striking parts are:

- how he came to the UK
- how he met Elena
- how he left UK

He's a Japanese boy. It is not that often for Japanese people (or any other people) to permanently leave their own country. Therefore if he left it as a child, his parents probably were important enough. Since Gosho didn't say a word about them yet, we have to assume that their existence or not is irrelevant. Therefore, the next problem is how he met Elena. We can risk saying that they didn't bump into each other on the street. At least the picture with Rei and Elena suggests that Rei was not kidnapped. Therefore there must be a really good reason why a woman was interested in a few years old child, and decided to show him the BO, and possibly raise him as a BO agent. Finally, if he was living in the UK, why did he back to the Japan?

We know that he's Japanese but we don't know for sure if he's full-blooded japanese. He could've been born in UK and then later decided himself to move to his other homeland, or was taken by his parents there(who could possibly be involved with this whole BO/secret police deal).......an interesting possibility is if they were elena's coworkers in the BO!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
the new one

Re: Mystery Poll: Week #5

Post by the new one »

Kor wrote:
Jecka wrote:and/or Masumi's father (this last one is because I think it'd be really interesting it is or if he's somehow involved :O )
Nooooooo D:
No more Akai family members. Enough with those Akais already. Akai used to be this cool FBI agent, but now that his family takes so much focus, he's really becoming a chore as a character. Maybe he didn't fake his death just to help Kir, maybe he also did so to get away from his family.
But seriously, I will shout if Akai's father is alive and also becomes a part of this. I mean, we might as well get Akai's grandparents if that's the case.
Don't forget that Gosho said recently "Akai's father is unfortunately already... it's a secret!".. So there is a possibility that Akai's father is the real RUM.
What do you think is the thing about the father that Gosho keeps as a secret? We already know he is dead! So maybe...
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Nemomon wrote:The UK option is interesting too, though for me the striking parts are:

- how he came to the UK
- how he met Elena
- how he left UK

We know that he's Japanese but we don't know for sure if he's full-blooded japanese. He could've been born in UK and then later decided himself to move to his other homeland, or was taken by his parents there(who could possibly be involved with this whole BO/secret police deal).......an interesting possibility is if they were elena's coworkers in the BO!
Hmm... I recently decided to watch some of the recent anime episodes and seen the tea party one in which Rei heard the "Zero" name. During it we seen Elena talking to Rei that she's going somewhere far away. I think we can risk saying that she either meant that she's going to the UK or die. Well.. there's a possibility that she meant back to the Japan, but I wonder if they would be in the UK (and therefore Rei was raised in the UK too), they probably would speak in English rather than in Japanese. But since they were not, they rather were in the Japan, and Elena meant that she's going to the UK. Therefore I doubt that Rei is half-blooded.
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: Week #11 (read first post)

Post by Kor »

11th Poll Is Up
unclesporkums
The one you'd never suspect...

Post by unclesporkums »

Personally, I voted for Elena and Masumi's mother, as I remembered Gosho saying that Yukiko wasn't one of the sisters, I may have been mistaken given the earlier hint about Shinichi and Kaito being "connected", which is frustrating given that Chikage's appearance was a RETCON!!
"Let's decide once and for all, Vermouth! No more hide-and-seek!!" - Conan Edogawa

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/unclesporkums?feature=mhee
Deviantart: http://drmuttonchops3.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://unclesporkums.tumblr.com/
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Are you sure you voted? Cause so far the results say no one has voted yet.
unclesporkums

Post by unclesporkums »

I sure did. Perhaps it didn't count it. EDIT: Never mind. Pressed the wrong button.
"Let's decide once and for all, Vermouth! No more hide-and-seek!!" - Conan Edogawa

Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

Elena and Amuro's mother

Perhaps this is why Elena was nice to Amuro. After all it was her nephew.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

I put
another option but with plot related characters.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Timtrack

Post by Timtrack »

Why is there no Eri and Yukiko option ? --->[]
Seriously, I put another option with plot related characters because I think it might be Masumi's mother and the Hondo family mother. (there is that thing about the eyes)
Ah by the way from the SDB 70+ :
Spoiler:
Q67: Are Yukiko and Sera's mother sisters?
A: Yukiko is not the sister...
So it couldn't be Yukiko, but Sera's mother seems to be concerned.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

I wish this "mystery" wasn't even a thing (technically, it can barely be a mystery cause we only know about this crap cause Gosho said too much in an interview. There's still nothing in the manga that really screams "two mother characters are related" on its own), but it is a thing...

What I hope for is that this is just a trivial thing and has no real relevance. However, looking at how Gosho originally talked about this (he mentioned things being resolved one after another in the plot), I don't see Gosho not doing it plot related.

As such, my vote goes to what I consider as the "best case scenario" for this mystery: Amuro's mother and Elena. I don't have strong reasoning from the manga why this is the case. I might as well be wrong, but I find it (and its implications) somewhat better than all the other options, so call this a "realistic hopeful vote".
A few months ago, I was actually against the option of Amuro's mother being one of the sisters cause she's never been referenced to before. Though that was before Gosho said Yukiko wasn't right, and I was on board for the Yukiko/Chikage option (which still seems like the best option, but whatever), so now I'm willing to go for the option that more or less causes the least amount of harm plot-wise (and doesn't give even more involvement for the Akai family). I'm not sure what exactly we accomplish by making Amuro's mother and Elena related, but I also don't see what we accomplish via any possible combination.
unclesporkums

Post by unclesporkums »

Me neither..

Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

A question for anyone who thinks Elena and Masumi's mother are sisters (+ that the unknown child is Masumi's mother):
Elena is British, but Conan never notes any foreign elements regarding MG when he spots her, so do you have any possible solution/explanation for this issue?
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Kor wrote:A question for anyone who thinks Elena and Masumi's mother are sisters (+ that the unknown child is Masumi's mother):
Elena is British, but Conan never notes any foreign elements regarding MG when he spots her, so do you have any possible solution/explanation for this issue?
First of all we don't know how Elena looks like, she might not look very British, I also don't think it was stated that ELena was fully British(correct me if I'm wrong here), thus there is still a chance that the other sister(Masumi's mother) looks like the non-British parent, one more thing you have to look at, is that the Unknown child who is most likely the mother, has blond hair, which means she's not 100% Japanese, there is also the other hint when Haibara said in Sherry's Soliloquy that the Unknown child looks like her, that is coming from Gosho himself, I don't think that's a coincidence. Since there are quite a few hints that Masumi and the Unknown child are both British, it's the most likely answer at this point.