Mystery Poll: Poll #37

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MeiTanteixX

Re: Mystery Poll: Week #4

Post by MeiTanteixX »

I will stay with my theory...which btw is that Real kuroda has been replaced with RUM. this is ofc until something else has been proven, because at this point, anything can be possible IF Gosho decides to move on from his usual red herrings!
But like I've said before, I'm really putting my trust on Gosho revealing a Legendary goal/purpose to all these rats in the BO!!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Memesu

Re: Mystery Poll: Week #4

Post by Memesu »

unclesporkums wrote:
Kor wrote:Voted "He's another some sort of an agent who will fight against the BO eventually".
Same here.
^
Thought part of me will die if that really turns out to be the case.
Umineko kickstarter soon
https://www.umineko.us/#

Secret santa gift from PT <3
Calling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0569Wt-cZ0
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: Week #5

Post by Kor »

Fifth poll is up

The reason for the big amount of options and the multiple votes is because at this stage we barely have any clues to solve this mystery and it's only the beginning. Later down the line, we'll have at the very least one or two more polls about Rum's identity.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

For the time being, I'm going to say Kuroda (tho he might be sort of low on my list because he just showed up now so I'm rethinking it), Man from vol 58, and/or Masumi's father (this last one is because I think it'd be really interesting it is or if he's somehow involved :O )
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

For now I voted for:

The old man from vol 58
or
The shogi player from the recent shogi case (I kinda convinced myself he's a possibility, and it's a speculation I'm allowing for myself cause we don't have much to go on and it's only the beginning)
or
Another character who was introduced in the past (Don't have a particular one in mind, just the possibility it's someone we've seen before that isn't on the list)

Might change one of my votes if someone can make a convincing argument for another option.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

despite typical naming scheme telling us that Rum should be male because of the type of the type of alcohol, I still feel that me may have something different and went with three women as suspects rather than men, in no particular order, Mystery girl, Blue Parrot bartender, and Sakurako...... although I feel like Sakurako may have some other purpose that this....
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
rohitjadhavrj

Post by rohitjadhavrj »

I voted for :

Kuroda(i don't think he is but at the same time i have another theory for him being the RUM)
or
Fukui Yuzuki (Bartender lady from the Kogoro in the Bar case)--(don't know why. but consider it as a hunch)
or
Sakurako Yonehara
(don't know why.
but maybe because how quick she found out that conan acts like an adult when with heiji unlike as a kid when he is around with others)

and as for the old man from vol. 58 i think gosho said he wasn't important or any BO agent i guess and in manga it didn't show much of him either(i might have to re-read that chapter).
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:despite typical naming scheme telling us that Rum should be male because of the type of the type of alcohol, I still feel that me may have something different and went with three women as suspects rather than men, in no particular order, Mystery girl, Blue Parrot bartender, and Sakurako...... although I feel like Sakurako may have some other purpose that this....
The thing is, Gosho has never broken the "tradition" of the assignment of codenames based on gender (Hard liquor = male and wine = female) so why should Rum be any different?
darkest absol

Post by darkest absol »

I went with someone who switched with Kuroda, the old man, and someone from the past. Specifically, I somehow developed a theory that Date somehow faked his death and is Rum. Makes no sense considering that Takagi was there when Date died and there was a funeral, but the theory won't leave me alone.
Spoiler: Secret Santa 2014 (Thanks, Fujiwara!)
Spoiler: Secret Santa 2015 (Thanks, Raiden!)
Spoiler: A surprise Christmas gift from cinnamoroll
unclesporkums
The one you'd never suspect...

Post by unclesporkums »

I'm still going with Komei.
"Let's decide once and for all, Vermouth! No more hide-and-seek!!" - Conan Edogawa

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/unclesporkums?feature=mhee
Deviantart: http://drmuttonchops3.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://unclesporkums.tumblr.com/
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Jecka wrote:and/or Masumi's father (this last one is because I think it'd be really interesting it is or if he's somehow involved :O )
Nooooooo D:
No more Akai family members. Enough with those Akais already. Akai used to be this cool FBI agent, but now that his family takes so much focus, he's really becoming a chore as a character. Maybe he didn't fake his death just to help Kir, maybe he also did so to get away from his family.
But seriously, I will shout if Akai's father is alive and also becomes a part of this. I mean, we might as well get Akai's grandparents if that's the case.
rohitjadhavrj wrote: and as for the old man from vol. 58 i think gosho said he wasn't important or any BO agent i guess and in manga it didn't show much of him either(i might have to re-read that chapter).
Are you sure you're not mixing it up with Gosho saying those two shadowy FBI agents can be ignored? If not, do you remember anything of where/when Gosho said that?
Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko

Post by Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko »

Who do you guys think Kuroda could be if not Rum ? Could he really fill any role besides the role of Rum ?

I voted for him being Rum, but the obviousness of it seems suspicious...
Last edited by Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko on March 24th, 2015, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"aim the impossible to reach the possible"
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

Kor wrote: Nooooooo D:
No more Akai family members. Enough with those Akais already. Akai used to be this cool FBI agent, but now that his family takes so much focus, he's really becoming a chore as a character. Maybe he didn't fake his death just to help Kir, maybe he also did so to get away from his family.
But seriously, I will shout if Akai's father is alive and also becomes a part of this. I mean, we might as well get Akai's grandparents if that's the case.
And then it'll turn out that EVERYONE is related to Akai and the whole series should have been called The Akai Bunch from the start.
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Max1996 wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:despite typical naming scheme telling us that Rum should be male because of the type of the type of alcohol, I still feel that me may have something different and went with three women as suspects rather than men, in no particular order, Mystery girl, Blue Parrot bartender, and Sakurako...... although I feel like Sakurako may have some other purpose that this....
The thing is, Gosho has never broken the "tradition" of the assignment of codenames based on gender (Hard liquor = male and wine = female) so why should Rum be any different?
(to be fair, I can't even tell whether I'm joking or serious at this point)

I'm going with Urusei Yatsura's Lum-chan. The picture below is an image created by Gosho from some point in the past because he wanted to introduce Rum back then but was not allowed to due to the popularity of Lum-chan. I feel like Gosho may try to make some weird reference to this in the cannon since he actually drew Lum-chan directly into ch 903 when Conan is asking Haibara about Rum.

Also this
>A Rum related thread from 2011 (way before Rum actually became part of the series)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7279
(this came up in my google search to find the picture and I just felt like adding it in,
since its kind of related to this current poll topic)
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko wrote:Who do you guys think Kuroda could be if not Rum ? Could he really fill any role besides the role of Rum ?
He could be just a red herring for Rum. For all we know, he can be a regular one eyed superintendent with a suspicious backstory, or maybe he has connections to Amuro, or maybe he's also working against the BO, or maybe he'll just try to find those who caused his accident in the past, or maybe he's actually the true owner of cafe poirot and he just forgot about it, etc.

I can think of many roles he can fit other than Rum. :V