Mystery Poll: Poll #37

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: Week #1

Post by Kor »

Touichi Kuroba wrote: I wanna argue against this point.Why would Akai's surname in college be Sera since he still has Akai as his surname, why did he have it as Sera in college, why did he change back?I also don't want Shukichi as the Middle brother, he doesn't seem as good at deductions as the mid bro(though he could be like Shuu and might be holding them back)he also seems very careless.Whatever, I just hope that the mid bro is somebody else.
High school, not college.
But based on what have you decided Akai was the original surname? For all we know, the father's surname could have been completely different, and "Akai" is something Shuichi picked up.
Touichi Kuroba

Post by Touichi Kuroba »

Kor wrote:
Touichi Kuroba wrote: I wanna argue against this point.Why would Akai's surname in college be Sera since he still has Akai as his surname, why did he have it as Sera in college, why did he change back?I also don't want Shukichi as the Middle brother, he doesn't seem as good at deductions as the mid bro(though he could be like Shuu and might be holding them back)he also seems very careless.Whatever, I just hope that the mid bro is somebody else.
But based on what have you decided Akai was the original surname? For all we know, the father's surname could have been completely different, and "Akai" is something Shuichi picked up.
This might not be concrete or anything, but in the red woman case

Sera: Various things happened, my father dying being one of them...I took my Mother's last name, Sera
Conan: Then, before your last name became Sera, could it have been...
Sonoko(sees something red): Akai
-Sera and Conan are stunned-
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Touichi Kuroba wrote:
Kor wrote:
This might not be concrete or anything, but in the red woman case

Sera: Various things happened, my father dying being one of them...I took my Mother's last name, Sera
Conan: Then, before your last name became Sera, could it have been...
Sonoko(sees something red): Akai
-Sera and Conan are stunned-
This could be chalked up to two things. One, it could be that simply Masumi knows some of the case details that she got from the brother that she spoke to over the phone, or did some sort of research about the past of the area the case is in. Two, she could actually know the name that her brother changed name to, but lies and says that the doesn't.

Conan is of course shocked because he was about to ask a question, and most likely that would have been the next word that he was going to say. However, because we don't know that for sure... It could also be that he simply reacts because he knows someone named Akai that no one else is supposed to know about because he is alive, when everyone is supposed to think he is dead.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

My apologies for violating the manga link rules, and for not double checking what you read.
Kor wrote:]Delivery Service: We see Okiya's phone very clearly.
You're right—Shuichi's/Subaru's phone looks pretty much identical to the Middle Brother's... still, until we see Shukichi's phone, for me, the jury's still out on Akai being the Middle Brother.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Spoiler:
The other thing that does not get pointed out very often from the picture of the middle brother's hand is the black sleeve. Since it is shown in the picture reaching all the way down to his wrist, it is pretty obviously a long sleeve black shirt of some kind. We know that Akai as Okiya Subaru has worn long sleeve black shirts on many occasions
Spoiler:

These next two are even from the same case. Showing us that Okiya has both a black long sleeve shirt and a black smart phone.
Image Image

And then finally the one from the most recent Shogi case, when most people would only be looking at the fact that Okiya and Mystery Girl know Shuukichi, we again see another long sleeve black shirt
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
The other thing that does not get pointed out very often from the picture of the middle brother's hand is the black sleeve. Since it is shown in the picture reaching all the way down to his wrist, it is pretty obviously a long sleeve black shirt of some kind. We know that Akai as Okiya Subaru has worn long sleeve black shirts on many occasions
Spoiler:

These next two are even from the same case. Showing us that Okiya has both a black long sleeve shirt and a black smart phone.
Image Image

And then finally the one from the most recent Shogi case, when most people would only be looking at the fact that Okiya and Mystery Girl know Shuukichi, we again see another long sleeve black shirt
That does seem suspicious...
SilverBullet-sama

Post by SilverBullet-sama »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote: The other thing that does not get pointed out very often from the picture of the middle brother's hand is the black sleeve. Since it is shown in the picture reaching all the way down to his wrist, it is pretty obviously a long sleeve black shirt of some kind. We know that Akai as Okiya Subaru has worn long sleeve black shirts on many occasions
Spoiler:
Haneda Shuukichi is seen wearing a Black, long-sleeved jacket during the Shogi case, in the flashback where he met Yumi, 2 days before the tournament- File 899.
The sleeve is indeed worth looking into. This detail, although meticulous, can be very random sometimes, hence it can deceive us. I looked through some of the cases, and many people seem to wear long sleeved shirts. Since the pattern is random, Okiya's black shirts, a recurring event, must be the most famous and so your clothing argument is still valid, but let us find more concrete evidence.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

SilverBullet-sama wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote: The other thing that does not get pointed out very often from the picture of the middle brother's hand is the black sleeve. Since it is shown in the picture reaching all the way down to his wrist, it is pretty obviously a long sleeve black shirt of some kind. We know that Akai as Okiya Subaru has worn long sleeve black shirts on many occasions
Haneda Shuukichi is seen wearing a Black, long-sleeved jacket during the Shogi case, in the flashback where he met Yumi, 2 days before the tournament- File 899.
The sleeve is indeed worth looking into. This detail, although meticulous, can be very random sometimes, hence it can deceive us. I looked through some of the cases, and many people seem to wear long sleeved shirts. Since the pattern is random, Okiya's black shirts, a recurring event, must be the most famous and so your clothing argument is still valid, but let us find more concrete evidence.
Ahh, I completely forgot about his flashbacks when I went to go look for his outfits...
It seems also in the first case he was a part of, at the very end there is a flash back to "several years ago" in which it looks like he is wearing a black shirt under his jacket (the same way that Okiya does a few times).

Either way, the black shirt thing was worth bringing up as it was apart of what we know about the middle brother.
ImageImage
syuusuke09

Post by syuusuke09 »

Going with the unknown child. He may be a grown teenager also but aptx shrink hiim.
AwD4869

Post by AwD4869 »

I think at this point Gosho really accelerates the manga. Bourbon's arc was to long and many fan's was complaining about it. The last cases shown huge developments and I don't think Gosho would introduce a middle brother if there wasn't one, it would be a waste of time he doesn't need. Still, I could be totally wrong on this ;-) ^^
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Since we know mid bro (if he exists) has a black smartphone, I decided to find all the black smartphones since Sera's introduction just in case. I still find OkiyAkai to be the only valid option out of these, but if you feel like you can make a case for another one from the list, go for it :P

Here's the full list:
Okiya, Conan, Gin, Vermouth, Kuroda, Heiji, Camel, male suspect from aquarium flashback case, and Shiratori.
Touichi Kuroba

Post by Touichi Kuroba »

Kor wrote:Since we know mid bro (if he exists) has a black smartphone, I decided to find all the black smartphones since Sera's introduction just in case. I still find OkiyAkai to be the only valid option out of these, but if you feel like you can make a case for another one from the list, go for it :P

Here's the full list:
Okiya, Conan, Gin, Vermouth, Kuroda, Heiji, Camel, male suspect from aquarium flashback case, and Shiratori.
Maybe it could be Gin?Black phone, good at Deductions, he fits decently well lol.I don't think so, though
rocketpropelledbear
Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you

Post by rocketpropelledbear »

Touichi Kuroba wrote:
Kor wrote:Since we know mid bro (if he exists) has a black smartphone, I decided to find all the black smartphones since Sera's introduction just in case. I still find OkiyAkai to be the only valid option out of these, but if you feel like you can make a case for another one from the list, go for it :P

Here's the full list:
Maybe it could be Gin?Black phone, good at Deductions, he fits decently well lol.I don't think so, though
If I recall correctly during Haneda Shukichi's first apperance, Conan tricked everyone to take out their handphones and Haneda Shukichi's phone was black as well but that is only in the anime though, in the manga he was not shown taking out his phone. Anyway I really hope this mid bro has some relevance to the main plot, not just an attempt briefly confuse us readers. I think Shukichi makes a decent fit for the middle brother's profile, but the fact that he is hiding from his sister regarding his jobs and whereabouts does not exactly add up, I mean why would you want to hide that fact that you are some pro-chess player from your family? Of course there is also a possibility that a middle brother exists but Masumi is in fact unknowingly in contact with Subaru instead of the middle brother, I don't think she knows for sure that Subaru is Akai. Or maybe she is unknowingly in contact with Subaru, but Subaru is actually a two-men act consisting of the two Akai brothers, if Subaru is a two-men act it would somewhat explain why he appeared to be right handed and seemly solved a case before Conan during Kudo Yusaku's cold case(Akai is shown to be as smart as Conan, not smarter), although I find this theory to be a bit unlikely. Actually I hope the middle brother is a character not yet introduced, it would make the most sense as far as I am concerned. Because he is extremely intelligent(possibly smarter than Conan), he might be in hiding and he appears to be pretty free, no character totally fits this mold so far.
The Science of Deduction-'Sherlock Scan' on Sera and more
Spoiler: This is Detective Conan's ending
Mizuumi wrote:Image

Kogoro: "My Gosh.. I killed Conan"
Spoiler: my favourite scene that is not in the anime
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

rocketpropelledbear wrote: If I recall correctly during Haneda Shukichi's first apperance, Conan tricked everyone to take out their handphones and Haneda Shukichi's phone was black as well but that is only in the anime though, in the manga he was not shown taking out his phone.
In the anime version, when Conan gets them to pull out their phones, It does not show Shuukichi's phone. The blue and black phones that he camera zooms in on are the Father and Sons phones. All we get to see from Shuukichi is that he reached into his coat thing and attempt to pull something out, but the camera zooms in on the other phones before we get to see it. By the next frame he is in, he has already put it away (episode 732 if anyone else wants to check)
ImageImage
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

Ah, it's totally Shiratori. We haven't seen him in ages!

Of that list, I have to agree that OkiyAkai is the most likely suspect, and thus that the middle brother doesn't exist.
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.