ESPIONAGE: Campaign Round - DETECTIVES AND CIVILIANS WIN!

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
shinichi'sapprentice
I NEED SLLEP

Re: ESPIONAGE: Campaign Round - DETECTIVES AND CIVILIANS WIN!

Post by shinichi'sapprentice »

how about we play all three at the same time :o JUST KIDDING! xD

the Spy Ring Round sounds reeaaaaaaaaaaally crazy! AND IT. IS. HYPE!! xD

the division into two teams on the Civil War Round sounds really interesting, too! but maybe hearing more about its rules will add more to the HYPE. xD it kinda sounds the same as the round we just played except we're not campaigning. i dunno. will have to read it again to make sure i understood it right...

the Election Round sounds really fun, too! it'll be a battle of manipulators! xD though i kinda wanna see how the other two works more :Di just went crazy with this last round so might as well go for the crazier ones!! xD

EDIT:
Jd- wrote:...The Detectives' ability may be altered to detect only if someone has killed before...
is it just me or did you mean... or... is it like... mafia's Cross-Examination ability where a player can check another player if they had crimes the previous phases except for the phase they are being checked..?
Last edited by shinichi'sapprentice on November 27th, 2014, 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Togop

Post by Togop »

Yes, I initially wanted to offer a variant of my own, but... let's do spy ring!

Election round sounds more appropriate for standard mafia than for espionage.
shinichi'sapprentice
I NEED SLLEP

xD you read my mind, Togop!! spy ring!! \o/ xDD

*watches as everyone tries to kill Togop and they all get arrested* xDDDD
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

All of those three ideas are awesome!
Jd- wrote:Election Round [...] In the phase that a Mayor is elected, they cannot be killed by the Spy.
What if everyone had a secret bodyguard, known only by them.
If the bodyguard is killed/arrested by the time they are elected as Mayor, they would be vulnerable.
If the bodyguard is still alive, he dies instead of the Mayor.
I'm not sure if it's a good idea though. ;D
Jd- wrote:Civil War Round
I don't see what makes the two teams compete with each other. Maybe I have to try harder.
Jd- wrote:Spy Ring Round
Just wow!
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

I think we should try all of them, really...
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Fujiwara »

MDavid wrote:
I don't see what makes the two teams compete with each other. Maybe I have to try harder.
Same. Where's the all-out war and bloodshed I was looking forward to? I mean :x
Iwamoto Yuri wrote:I think we should try all of them, really...
Yep. Gotta catch try them all!
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Fujiwara wrote:
MDavid wrote:
Same. Where's the all-out war and bloodshed I was looking forward to? I mean :x
And thus, the addendum! I didn't want to specify anything until I had time to think it over, because there are actually a couple of ways to do this. One of them is more balanced but less mental, while the other is more mental but... not quite as balanced. I'll post more details tomorrow about the "extra" rule.

In the original idea I had for this gametype, I was going to make it so that the Spy on each team was actually a member of the other team serving out their interests. This would have required a few departures from the game's usual formula and ruleset, but I'm plenty open to developing it along those lines too. For now, I'll crunch a few scenarios based on the existing one to see what I think will result in something between mental and balanced.
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

Election Round

The way I read this we vote for the mayor one phase, and that mayor then gets to lynch the next phase. The phase we decide who the new mayor is gonna be. The fact that we don't know how the current mayor is gonna use his power when we have to vote for the next one certainly can be interesting. But maybe we can have it all take place in one phase. Everybody sends in votes as well as a lynch target in case they get elected. Both would work, I think.

It's a good idea to prevent consecutive terms, especially since being mayor protects you from the Spy that phase. Maybe there could also be a term limits.

Civil War Round

I agree with previous comments that it doesn't seem like a war between the North and the South. In fact, it looks like both sides are actually working together. I don't really think that's much of a problem, though.

I don't think I completely understand the rules here. Does each Spy only focus on the Detective on his team? It reads as if the game is much like the Campaign round, except that players are divided into two groups. Do you intend to make it publicly known who is aligned with the North and who's with the South? Personally, I don't think any of this has to known from the beginning, but then again, I guess I always like more secrecy.

It sounds great!

Spy Ring Round

That sounds really interesting, but I have trouble trying to assess how the game would play out. It very much depends on whether people will be willing to take a risk or not.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
Kaito Lady
*plotting*

Post by Kaito Lady »

Iwamoto Yuri wrote:I think we should try all of them, really...
I second that
"Plotting since forever"
Spoiler: Fear The Wrath Of My Hammer!
Thanx Yuri for the Awesome pic :D
DCTP Forums=a place where anyone is anyone's sibling/parent/child....and therefore is the best place on earth <3
Spoiler: Write a Will, BO Edition
Spoiler: Whenever in doubt
DCTP Cat Family
My dA
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

I'm not really hyped up about the Election but Spy Ring sounds great! Civil War needs a bit more thought but shows promise in any case.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Since it seems the Spy Ring idea is the one that has generated the most interest thus far, I'll type up the proper rules and get a topic together over the next week. If I have extra time, I'll do so for the others as well so that they may be used at some point in the future by you lot.

Is the second week of December good for mostly everyone to get the round itself going? I will try to GM it, but if I can't, I'll co-GM with someone else or something along those lines. Nonetheless, I fully believe we shall have hype!
Edogawa4869
GUESS WHO, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Post by Edogawa4869 »

Jd- wrote:Since it seems the Spy Ring idea is the one that has generated the most interest thus far, I'll type up the proper rules and get a topic together over the next week. If I have extra time, I'll do so for the others as well so that they may be used at some point in the future by you lot.

Is the second week of December good for mostly everyone to get the round itself going? I will try to GM it, but if I can't, I'll co-GM with someone else or something along those lines. Nonetheless, I fully believe we shall have hype!
That works for me! :D If you do need someone to help co-GM the game, I'll volunteer! There's something about this game... Perhaps because it doesn't need to hurt my brain too hard while satiating my power-hungry need to play pofa God. >:D
Yugi Moto wrote:Oh, shipping is where you take two characters from a T.V. show, who aren't romantically involved in any shape or form, and then you force them to become a lesbian couple by drawing vivid and gratuitous fan art of them for about six months, before you move on to some other show. Lather, rinse, repeat.
shinichi'sapprentice
I NEED SLLEP

i still do not see those kill stories posted, unc- Edogawa4869! ;D >:D
Edogawa4869
GUESS WHO, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Post by Edogawa4869 »

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:i still do not see the kill stories posted, unc- Edogawa4869! ;D >:D
Oh, am I supposed to be doing that? XD
Spoiler: PREPARE FOR BAD WRITING
(NOTE: Most of the stories are actually copy-pasted from one Spy/Detective to the other. If there's a serious deviation, it'll be posted here.)
Raifuujin - Day 1 wrote:darkest absol was one of the quieter members of the Town, and you knew that. It's never a pleasant business, killing someone, especially when they haven't really done anything wrong. Still, as you glance at your phone once more, its chilling message standing out against the stark white background...

"EXECUTE DARKEST ABSOL."

Orders are orders.

You successfully killed darkest absol.
Jecka - Day 1 wrote:"Goddamnit," you swear at your home computer, frantically searching for the Internet for something, anything of use. The Mayor's unusual summons and resulting request troubled you greatly. He couldn't (perhaps wouldn't) give many details, but he tasked you to find information on the townspeople in the hopes that he might find narrow down his search for the Spies hiding in plain sight. As soon as the public voting ended, you rushed home and locked the door, getting right to work. After five hours of going through article after article, your eyes slowly drooped and closed...

Only to open sharply at the call of the siren in the town square, signalling the next Town Hall meeting. Damn it, you think to yourself as you shut off your computer. You couldn't get much, but you do know one thing: Iwamoto Yuri is NOT a Spy.
MDavid - Day 2 wrote:It's snowing as you make your way through the neighborhood. The wind keeps blowing against your neck harshly, forcing you to unfold your collar to alleviate the pain. After a couple minutes of fighting through the wind and snow, you reach your destination and take shelter on the patio, curtly knocking twice. The door opens, showing the surprised face of your concerned neighbor.

"What are you doing here?" he whispers hastily, pulling you inside and closing the door. "It's almost time for curfew!" You make your apologies, muttering something through chattered teeth about being caught in the storm. "I can see that," he laughs softly. "Here, let me make you some hot chocolate and then you can make your way home after the storm passes." He heads into the kitchen, but you remain in the foyer for a moment, taking hold of his scarf hanging on the coat rack and pulling it taut a few times, testing its strength. Wrapping the ends around your hands, you head into the kitchen.

The adrenaline carries you home. Shutting the door behind you, you take a glance at the clock in the room.

Look at that. Just in time for curfew.

You successfully killed Raiden.
Fujiwara - Day 2 wrote:After the Town Hall meeting, you take to your computer again, digging up everything you can about your neighbors. This time, you manage to actually see yourself give up before actually heading upstairs to fall asleep in your bed.

Stopwatch is NOT the Spy.
Raifuujin - Day 3 (MDavid is the target) wrote:Knock. Knock. Knock.

After waiting five minutes for a response, you start getting impatient. Maybe he's realized what a bad idea it is to answer the door; It's about time somebody did, honestly. Nevertheless, you have your orders: which just a quick walk around the house, you check all of the usual hiding spots for a spare key. Soon enough, you're turning the key that was hiding under the fake rock in the garden and are inside the house.

The first thing you notice is the lack of heat. Could he be out? That's odd, especially with it being so close to curfew. Creeping through all of the rooms, upstairs and downstairs, you come to the conclusion that he's simply not there. Glancing at the clock on your phone again, you swear, feeling the pressure of time creeping up on you. With one last look around, you leave through the front door, locking it and returning the key to its hiding place.

Heading home to wait another night, you hope that your hacking program is somewhat closer to cracking the Mayor's software.

Your action failed.
MDavid - Day 3 wrote:Knock. Knock. Knock.

After waiting five minutes for a response, you start getting impatient. Maybe he's realized what a bad idea it is to answer the door; It's about time somebody did, honestly. Nevertheless, you have your orders: which just a quick walk around the house, you check all of the usual hiding spots for a spare key. Soon enough, you're turning the key that was hiding under the fake rock in the garden and are inside the house.

The first thing you notice is the lack of heat. Could he be out? That's odd, especially with it being so close to curfew. Soon enough though, you have your answer: a creak from the upstairs bedroom gives away his position. Quietly, you pull out your gun, attaching the silencer quickly before stealthily heading upstairs.

When you reach the door of the master bedroom, you jiggle the knob to find it locked. Before going in, you opt to simply shoot through the door first, just to see what happens. After five shots, you hear a loud cry and a thud. One solid kick to the locked door brings it down, where you find him clutching at the bullet wound in his leg. He stares at you defiantly, attempting to reach the gun he accidentally lost grip of as he fell. One swift shot to the forehead stops him dead.

The deed done, you head back to your home and await another night. Maybe this time, the Mayor's software will crack.

You successfully killed Jd-.
Fujiwara - Day 3 wrote:Three days of this nonsense is starting to really get at you. The computer isn't helping much. There's simply not enough information to prove either way for some of your fellow Civilians... As you found out with Raiden yesterday and dumytru today. Well, at least you managed to clear shinichi'sapprentice of suspicion though.

shinichi'sapprentice is NOT the Spy.
dumytru may no longer be used in Investigate lists.
Retconning yesterday's message because I forgot to say it :X Raiden may no longer be used in Investigate lists.
NO TIME FOR STORIES ON DAY 4 OR 5 (except)
Raifuujin - Day 5 wrote:It's a little hard to do some killing when you're behind the bars of a jail cell.

Your action failed.
Yugi Moto wrote:Oh, shipping is where you take two characters from a T.V. show, who aren't romantically involved in any shape or form, and then you force them to become a lesbian couple by drawing vivid and gratuitous fan art of them for about six months, before you move on to some other show. Lather, rinse, repeat.
shinichi'sapprentice
I NEED SLLEP

\o/

;__; Jd- was still fighting before his death xD

would've been fun if the victims received stories, too xD

t'was fun to read! \o/ ;D

*wantz moarz*