Your Most Favourite Arc

Versus polls and this-or-that contests should find themselves in here.

What is your favourite arc in Detective Conan?

Conan Arc - Manga: 1-175, Anime: 1-128
4%
Haibara Arc - Manga: 176-237, Anime: 129-175
20%
Vermouth Arc - Manga: 238-434, Anime: 176-345
53%
Cell Phone Arc - Manga: 435-498, Anime: 346-424
2%
Kir Arc - Manga: 499-621, Anime: 425-508
16%
Bourbon Arc - Pre-Mystery Train half-arc - Manga: 622-824, Anime: 509-704
2%
Bourbon Arc - Post-Mystery Train half-arc - Manga: 825- Anime: 704-
2%

Total votes: 45
soul_dreamer

Your Most Favourite Arc

Post by soul_dreamer »

On DCW wiki, under 'timeline' tag you can find important events of each arcs.

My most favourite is Vermouth Arc as there were many existing moments and lots of suspense: Ai and Conan following Gin and Vodka to hotel, Vermouth disguising as Araide to spy on Ai, Jodie and Akai, bus hijacking case and the great moment between Ai and Conan, Shinichi's return at school festival and more. I also like this arc as we could see more of Ai and she played more important role.

The other arcs that I like were Kir Arc and Ai arc. In Ai arc, of course there was introduction of my favourite character. In Kir arc, I enjoyed FBI involvement and Eisuke's. However, I need to say that Conan arc also had its moments. I enjoyed the most, Heiji scenes, Ran being jealous or suspicious of Shinichi/Conan and Gin and Vodka involvement.
Last edited by soul_dreamer on August 18th, 2014, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Re: Your Favourite Arc

Post by MoonRaven »

Vermouth arc absolutely. And if Bourbon arc hadn't been so damn long it'd be my number two.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
AICHAN
Curry time!

Re: Your Most Favourite Arc

Post by AICHAN »

I voted for the Vermouth arc,it was the time when there was a lot of suspense,many characters were involved and that was exciting to read and watch.I think I became a true DC fan after that arc.
Or course I also like the Haibara arc because Ai was intoduced,there was funny and touching moments.
Bourbon arc was good,but too long in my taste,also Kid ruined the Mystery train case.
I kinda disliked the Kir arc,it's my least favorite arc,I only liked the fact that we get to know more of Akai.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Vermouth but I also loved the Conan and the Haibara arcs.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Post by kkslider5552000 »

Desperate Revival is not the Vermouth arc, hype you all :D
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
brycec

Post by brycec »

Poll seems a bit misleading, because Mystery train took place around chapter 824, seeing how scans show that it ended that chapter.

Anyway, I would have to say Mystery Train arc was my favorite, because it got me back into DC and things were relatively interesting.
Psykofreac

Post by Psykofreac »

Even though I'm still just catching up, I'm tempted to vote for the Kir arc just because I'm not sure if it can be topped. I mean in Clash of Red and Black alone we have...
Spoiler:
Gin's whole strategy of flooding the hospital with patients and all that follows. I just couldn't stay still in my seat then, I've never seen any other series(and doubt there are any) with a trick as intelligent as that. Pretty damn impressive! Ingenuity wasn't all the arc has going for it either. We got some nice character development too, particularly from Akai, Eisuke and Rena.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

Vermouth Arc. But I also do liked Haibara arc. Kir arc... I don't like Kir... but I do like Eisuke, so eventually this arc too.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Kahomi
Favored Ai-chan since 2004.

Favored Rei-kun since 2014.

Favored Shuuichi since some time between those two :))

Post by Kahomi »

Despite many BO-related arcs with more fights and longer time span happened after it, I still like the Vermouth arc best. Don't know why :)) Maybe I miss Shuichi Akai of his first days revealed to be an FBI agent :))
Met DC by chance then about 3 hours later it scared the sh*t out of me in Spring 2001 and I ran for my life.
But boredom made me come to it once again in Winter 2004.

And I fell for it. Ever since then. Though sometimes it still frightens me like the first time :)
David mason

Post by David mason »

The vermouth arc solos. My least favourite arc is bourbon arc. It was too log
no pain no gain
NinjaGuy-24

Post by NinjaGuy-24 »

the Desperate Revival for me man that ending.