Re: ESPIONAGE: Round Six (Detective & Civilians win!)

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Re: ESPIONAGE: Round Six (Day 4)

Post by Fujiwara »

End of Day 3

FuruyAkai, a Civilian, was lynched.

shinichi'sapprentice, an Informant, was killed by the Spy.
Votes:
Spoiler:
  • FuruyAkai (6)
    • cinnamoroll
    • darkest absol
    • FuruyAkai
    • Kleene Onigiri
    • miakakiri
    • Raiden
  • bash7353 (2)
    • bash7353
    • shinichi’sapprentice
  • darkest absol (2)
    • Ekoyuhale
    • Raifuujin
  • MoonRaven (2)
    • Jecka
    • MoonRaven
  • Nemomon (2)
    • Nemomon
    • Jellitto
  • Kaito Lady (1)
    • Kaito Lady
  • Raiden (1)
    • miyano_shiho
  • Stopwatch (1)
    • Stopwatch
Start of Day 4!

Raiden
There is a world of imagination
Deep in the corners of your mind
Where reality is an intruder
And myth and legend thrive

Post by Raiden »

Now that's a twist I like! An informant gone rogue and the Spy's dealing out punishment? :P

The hypothesis that the Spy did not kill last phase because s/he did not identify their informants might be true based on this newly gained informantion then.
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” ― Frances Hardinge
“If you are cold, tea will warm you;
if you are too heated, it will cool you;
If you are depressed, it will cheer you;
If you are excited, it will calm you.”
― William Ewart Gladstone

Stopwatch

Post by Stopwatch »

Raiden wrote:Now that's a twist I like! An informant gone rogue and the Spy's dealing out punishment? :P

The hypothesis that the Spy did not kill last phase because s/he did not identify their informants might be true based on this newly gained informantion then.
What about N1? Though honestly, getting rid of Informants could be a smart move in some circumstances. They lead back to the Spy and unless they have some influence on the lynch, may not do much else. Also, if the Detective goes down then the lists will be revealed to uncover the Informants and so discount them from the numbers to narrow down the Spy a bit. Eliminating them stops this. Though obviously the Spy would have to be confident they weren't going to be captured quickly because otherwise they would just be wasting time they could be aiming for the Detective in.

However, while I can see the potential in that I doubt most players here would try something like that. So, unidentified Informant seems a bit more possible in this case, even if not the only potential solution.

What may be more key is how quickly people jumped onto FuruyAkai after the first vote on him was announced. There is no guarantee the Spy is in those people, but I'm going to be pretty annoyed if that was all Town in that bandwagon :x.
Terry Pratchett wrote: The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.
Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
Ekoyuhale
*whispers* hail skhinkbbi

Post by Ekoyuhale »

That is... quite the plot twist xD (SA I trusted you >=[)

I think what the others have said about saying who you're voting for even if it was a random vote it a good plan, because we've killed two civilians now via random vote =x
3DS FC: 4124-5076-4987

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth... unless you royally screwed up.
Spoiler: SS 2014 from PT <3

Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

OMG D: I'm sorry FuruyAkai ;_;
I was announcing him (her?) because I wanted to see their reaction, considering they are new. And now FuruyAkai is dead because of me ;_;
I didn't think so many would jump on the badwagon tho, like stoppy said.
Maybe the others could explain too why they followed my vote? :V

There are tons of self-voters again tho?

And yay, an informant is down \o/
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

I do not have luck in this game. <_< Back from job, went sleep, went to my sister. And in the meantime the phase ended again >_>
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Raiden
There is a world of imagination
Deep in the corners of your mind
Where reality is an intruder
And myth and legend thrive

Post by Raiden »

Stopwatch wrote:
Raiden wrote:Now that's a twist I like! An informant gone rogue and the Spy's dealing out punishment? :P

What about N1?Though honestly, getting rid of Informants could be a smart move in some circumstances. They lead back to the Spy and unless they have some influence on the lynch, may not do much else. Also, if the Detective goes down then the lists will be revealed to uncover the Informants and so discount them from the numbers to narrow down the Spy a bit. Eliminating them stops this. Though obviously the Spy would have to be confident they weren't going to be captured quickly because otherwise they would just be wasting time they could be aiming for the Detective in.

However, while I can see the potential in that I doubt most players here would try something like that. So, unidentified Informant seems a bit more possible in this case, even if not the only potential solution.
Maybe the Spy thought it would be worth it since there was a larger pool of players at that point...when the number grew smaller, they decided to wait and send an Order to make the Informant(s) ID themselves again? It is just a guess from my side to explain it. Do not take my word as gospel (yet)! :P

And as you say, it could be a clever ploy of the Spy to kill an Informant to avoid leaving a trail of evidence behind them, too.

We have yet to confirm the Spy didn't target dumytru Phase 2 either, so there's still a chance the Spy did send a kill. No way to be certain of it unless the Spy comes forward with a confession for their crimes - somehow I doubt that will ever happen.

I went back to the thread and compiled a list of links to all of SA's posts since the game started. Mayhaps there is a hidden clue to be gleaned which can lead us to the Spy...

_SA's posts_
viewtopic.php?p=831600#p831600
viewtopic.php?p=831937#p831937
viewtopic.php?p=831975#p831975
viewtopic.php?p=832061#p832061

Not going to post them in full here since some of them are...rather large, and will bloat this post out of proportions. :P
Stopwatch wrote:What may be more key is how quickly people jumped onto FuruyAkai after the first vote on him was announced. There is no guarantee the Spy is in those people, but I'm going to be pretty annoyed if that was all Town in that bandwagon :x.
Bandwagons cannot really be stopped when there are no solid lead to go by in these types of games. It's a part of human nature to want to be part of something larger... V: It happened in previous phases too. Bash announced Day 1 he would vote Togop and others followed along with the result he got offed early. :(

As for my own, I was in doubt whether to vote DA or FuruyAkai since neither tried to defend themselves. So flipped a coin. Furu drew the shortest straw. Sorry Furu! :(
...If I were to choose again, I would have voted Miyano so we could be voting buddies! o/\o XD

EDIT:
Spoiler: Kinda off topic...but funny :p
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” ― Frances Hardinge
“If you are cold, tea will warm you;
if you are too heated, it will cool you;
If you are depressed, it will cheer you;
If you are excited, it will calm you.”
― William Ewart Gladstone

Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

XD @the edit from Raiden
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

I don't quite understand why people think purposefully killing your Informant might be a good idea. It's much more likely the Spy just didn't realise. In fact, I think Informants can be quite helpful to the Spy over the course of the game, so much so that Spies have abstained from killing in previous rounds just because they hadn't positively identified their Informants yet.

10221 didn't post any messages during Day 1. I think that's somewhat unusual for him, considering how excited he always gets. Perhaps that was the order. Aside from him Miyano, Jelitto, FuruyAkai, Jex, and Raifuu didn't say anything for the entire phase. That might mean the other Informant is among them. The Spy wouldn't have been able to identify the Informants, but would've narrowed it down quite a bit, and therefore was comfortable with sending kills for Yuri and dumytru Days 1 and 2. The reason the Spy decided to kill 10221 Day 3 may be that his subsequent actions erroneously gave the impression of someone unaware of the orders.

Here are 10221's votes:
Day 1: Kleene (only one who did)
Day 2: bash7353 (only one who did)
Day 3: bash7353 (only one who did besides me voting myself)

I hope you don't think is a devious ploy on my part.

Kleene's pretty safe now if you ask me. I don't see 10221 vote his Spy Day 1, that's too risky. The only way I see that happening is if Kleene ordered him to do so, in which case she'd know his identity and that's contradicted by the Spy killing him.

Any thoughts?
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

I think I'll vote Miyano now.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Post by miakakiri »

Ah, I am sorry. ~_~* I jumped on the 'bandwagon' that Kleene-san started because I really don't have any idea how to use the list and FuruyAkai-san's name was the first one to come up that wasn't on my list. ~_~*

I really need to figure out how exactly it is that I'm supposed to use this list. *frowns at post-it* I wrote it down so I don't have to keep flipping screens to find it, and so I can cross off names as people die. Thus far I have two names crossed off and still not the slightest clue how the list is supposed to help with anything. ~_~*
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Today was another one of those "Oh yeah, gotta send in my vote, then 'should I say something? Maybe I should...' but I never do" days :VV

As for SA dying...I don't really see how this is a good thing for the spy unless s/he had a good reason like SA never replying to anything, or fear?? I dunno :x
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Ekoyuhale
*whispers* hail skhinkbbi

Post by Ekoyuhale »

Jecka wrote:As for SA dying...I don't really see how this is a good thing for the spy unless s/he had a good reason like SA never replying to anything, or fear?? I dunno :x
I'm leaning towards the spy not knowing who SA was for that same reason, but I've never played this before so my hunches might not be very useful =x If they did know who SA was, then we should be able to find some similarity between one of SA's posts and someone else's (I've looked but I'm tired from driving back from Seattle and didn't find anything =V), or as someone said earlier, the order was to not say anything at all

...basically I have no idea \o/

Also, voting Jellitto since they were another day 1 non-poster
3DS FC: 4124-5076-4987

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth... unless you royally screwed up.
Spoiler: SS 2014 from PT <3

Kaito Lady
*plotting*

Post by Kaito Lady »

a twist! :o
"Plotting since forever"
Spoiler: Fear The Wrath Of My Hammer!
Thanx Yuri for the Awesome pic :D
DCTP Forums=a place where anyone is anyone's sibling/parent/child....and therefore is the best place on earth <3
Spoiler: Write a Will, BO Edition
Spoiler: Whenever in doubt
DCTP Cat Family
My dA
cinnamoroll
Making the world a sweeter place :)

Post by cinnamoroll »

D:
I sent an early random vote this morning because I wasn't gonna be home all day >_> I didn't expect all others to vote Furuy too >_<
Sorry :(

Also... \o/ one informant down!!! And killed by his boss o_o

I'll decide on my vote tomorrow, I have a headache and don't feel like thinking right now x_x
Spoiler: Awesome Christmas present from Kain <3
Spoiler: KL's cute Christmas present ^^
Spoiler: Cute Christmas present by Stoppy ^^
Spoiler: PT <3
Spoiler: Jeck's Frosty :3