Re: ESPIONAGE: Round Six (Detective & Civilians win!)

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
Raifuujin
What should I do next....

Re: ESPIONAGE: Round Six (Day 2)

Post by Raifuujin »

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:and Raifuujin, i thought i told you- i thought you said you'd be more active from now on...
Did you? Must've forgotten while I was off being a masked man.

Though, really, I'm not the type to participate in strategy discussions. I'll read what everyone says, but I don't exactly have much input myself. So, until anyone really suspicious comes up, or until I actually get an idea for what to say, I'll probably still just hang back.

I will say that, for now, I'll continue voting on whoever I last voted for (in this case, Absol), unless they are cleared of suspicion.
1412 Phenomenon: When rational people begin acting like mischievous phantom thieves/magicians

3DS FC: 1504 6005 4982
     ___
    l     l
 __l::::l_
/\ (O_^)       Kaitou Approved
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Re: ESPIONAGE: Round Six (Day 1)

Post by miakakiri »

Er, could someone tell me what sort of info might be useful? Or... I'm sorry, I think this really comes down to "I read the rules but I'm not sure I really understand how to play". I know what I'm supposed to do and what isn't allowed, but I'm not sure what's useful. ~_~*
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
Jellitto

Post by Jellitto »

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:as for the people who were against the ditchday1, i'd like to ask Jellitto and Jecka why you guys didn't say anything at D1 at all <___<
Didn't have anything to say, didn't say anything. Also, being against DD1 is basically wanting to see discussion D1, so I don't see why I can't be silent D1 and still against this strategy. I didn't contribute to the discussion myself but at least other people did and that's what I voted for.
"Otherwise it would be weird."
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Technically, I did sa- no wait nvm :V
I'm with Jellitto. But it's not like I haven't said anything all game. I'm at least trying to be active.
Also, I suck at being in discussions and am a quiet person by nature. :x
Not to mention I keep forgetting phase change is earlier than I think it is :VVVV
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Post by miyano_shiho »

Okay so I guess I'm making my first post here (I must say I'm also trying to be more active this round...) SA's already made some lists but I'm just gonna add a bit.
Players who posted on D1
cinnamoroll (1)
darkest absol (3)
Togop (8)
Ekoyuhale (1)
miakakiri (1)
Yuri Iwamoto (1)
Stopwatch (7)
Nemomon (6)
dumytru (5)
bash7353 (2)
MoonRaven (2)
Kaito Lady (1)
Raiden (1)
Kleene Onigiri (2)
That's a total of 14 minus 2, so among the 12 remaining, 2 of them are may be the informants. It doesn't really help much, but you could eliminate some from your list if you're civilian. Once you're done eliminating, which might or might not have helped much, you can go from there and track those people for suspicious behavior.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote: non-posters of D1:
-miyano_shiho
-Jellitto
-FuruyAkai
-Jecka
-Raifuujin
-shinichi'sapprentice
I'm not really sure if we can be eliminated from being informants that way, but I'm gonna say that I did that on purpose. It really depends on the spy. Do you think it would be fine for them not to know their informants on D1? (I don't think there's a rule that spies should send orders to identify their informants on D1. But that just brings us back to square one...) And self-voting isn't a good order either. The only ones for sure we can eliminate from being the informants (and detective) are the people who aren't in the list, so 8 people. Still, I think the informants are more likely to be one of those who actually posted.

We can't use the list to find the spy either, since it's almost equally likely that they are and aren't in the list (9 vs 8). Our best bet is to find those informants and get clues on who might be the spy.

About the Fake Investigates, I'm willing to participate as well. I'm gonna say cinnamoroll is not the spy.

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
FuruyAkai
you and your irc-suicidal tendencies :V

Post by FuruyAkai »

To be honest, I'm not the type that likes to write/participate in a strategy discussion. I only read whatever that concerns me. Possibly because I don't have anything to write myself, either mentioning who's suspicious or about strategy. So until then, I'm gonna lay low and read what's in here. :D

Also, could someone explain to me what should I do if I ever participated in this discussion?
I don't know what I supposed to do and I'm not sure what infos are useful/useless.
Sometimes the truth is better left unsaid...

Before you start to judge me, step into my shoes and walk the life I'm living and if you get as far as I am, just maybe you will see how strong I really am - Unknown
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

miakakiri wrote:Er, could someone tell me what sort of info might be useful? Or... I'm sorry, I think this really comes down to "I read the rules but I'm not sure I really understand how to play". I know what I'm supposed to do and what isn't allowed, but I'm not sure what's useful. ~_~*
Mostly point out inconsistencies in other players' posts and actions.

The Spy has to lie to appear innocent, but such a thing can prove to be tricky as the game progresses.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Stopwatch

Post by Stopwatch »

miakakiri wrote:Er, could someone tell me what sort of info might be useful? Or... I'm sorry, I think this really comes down to "I read the rules but I'm not sure I really understand how to play". I know what I'm supposed to do and what isn't allowed, but I'm not sure what's useful. ~_~*
People who go along with rubbish reasons for lynching people easily? Who defends who? Guilt-slinging on everyone? Being pre-emptive about defending oneself (e.g. making excuses for not being around can sometimes count as this). Context is pretty important though so I'm not sure that any of these have no exceptions.

And I had some questions directed at me iirc. I'll get around to them later.
Terry Pratchett wrote: The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.
Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
shinichi'sapprentice
I NEED SLLEP

ESPIONAGE: Round Six (Day 2)

Post by shinichi'sapprentice »

why... must you people start being active at a time when i'm about to fall asleep... anyway, for the people who were asking what might be useful or do not know what they should say, it could be anything, really! just tell us what you think. if i have to add something, i advise that you guys in no way hint to the bad guys who you think the detective is. though, that's so obvious already anyway... that's all i can think of right now... still waiting for Stopwatch's questionnaires... see you guys when i wake up o/
Kaito Lady
*plotting*

Post by Kaito Lady »

Jecka wrote:
Also, I suck at being in discussions and am a quiet person by nature. :x
^
pretty much this

*voting randomly again*
"Plotting since forever"
Spoiler: Fear The Wrath Of My Hammer!
Thanx Yuri for the Awesome pic :D
DCTP Forums=a place where anyone is anyone's sibling/parent/child....and therefore is the best place on earth <3
Spoiler: Write a Will, BO Edition
Spoiler: Whenever in doubt
DCTP Cat Family
My dA
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

shinichi'sapprentice wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:As a detective from the previous round I strongly recommend the FI strategy. I also vote for the DD1 strategy and this time also actually go with it.
<___< decided to go against it and identify yourself as soon as possible for the spy?
I didn't identify myself at all. Merely stated that I was the detective on the previous round. Besides when it became obvious that people weren't going to do the DD1, I decided to go along with them. Not that I said actually anything useful later on.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

Stopwatch wrote:People who go along with rubbish reasons for lynching people easily?
I hardly can call a player a Spy because of that reason. We pretty much all are voting blindly, and probably during the nearest few turns also will vote blindly. We do not have enough information to start voting with a serious reasons. We will see a lot of people voting randomly (because they don't know against who to vote) or joining bandwagons. My today's vote also will be pretty much random. I didn't think yet who will get my vote, but I know that I don't have yet enough info to stop voting randomly.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Alright, before I forget, I'm going to vote randomly.
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Ekoyuhale
*whispers* hail skhinkbbi

Post by Ekoyuhale »

I'm voting randomly as well
3DS FC: 4124-5076-4987

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth... unless you royally screwed up.
Spoiler: SS 2014 from PT <3

bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

The thing about this game is that we don't really know anything for sure. In Mafia we have our actions and they do something or give us information, so we have something to go on. Here it's different.

In some previous rounds we had no one dying Day 1, and people drew different conclusions from that. Maybe the Spy forgot to send actions, so it would be one of those that self-voted. Maybe that's what the Spy wants us to think. We can't be certain.

Now, in this case it's the other way around. Someone did die Day 1 which means the Spy definitely sent in actions. Wouldn't the Spy then also include a vote? That points towards FuruyAkai, Jex, and Stop being innocent. Apperantly, they forgot to send actions, so if they were the Spy, no one would've died. At the same time, maybe that's what they want us to think.

I've already asked it before, Stop, but I didn't really get an answer. What would you have done differently? You said
Stopwatch wrote:And this is why I should pay attention to when phase changes are >_<.

If I remember then I'll do a reminder about when phase change is an hour before the end of D2. If I don't, does someone else mind stepping in to do that? Just, personally, if I had realised about the timing I think I would have done things a bit differently and that may be the same for some of the others (or maybe I'm just the one with no sense of time :V).
I realise that you probably intended to vote someone other than yourself, but it's not like it made much of a difference. It's not like a Civilian died because of it. Togop received four votes and no one else more than two. Your vote couldn't have saved him.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ