Re: ESPIONAGE: Round Six (Detective & Civilians win!)

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Re: ESPIONAGE: Round Six (Day 1)

Post by Nemomon »

1) Yeah, that's just a theory. It might be that the informants already managed to complete their order, and therefore they're among the players who posted so far, or they ignored the order and wait for a better time to complete it - time when much more players will start to discuss.

2) Yeah, the Spy might know that trying to find the informants during the first phase/round might be dangerous, because not so many people are talking, but he also knows that sooner or later they will have to take a part in discussion, and in that time it will be much easier to cover the order. Which pretty much can be anything. The order could even be like "join Nemo in his spams about English" or something like that - in other words the order doesn't need to be to write specific words, but just to behave somehow.But I think I don't have to mention that since among the players only I am the fresh one, and the rest are veterans.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Hmm... I might not vote for anyone today. No comments on Togop's suggestion.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Kaito Lady
*plotting*

Post by Kaito Lady »

*comes into the thread after a day*

wha-?

*will vote randomly*
"Plotting since forever"
Spoiler: Fear The Wrath Of My Hammer!
Thanx Yuri for the Awesome pic :D
DCTP Forums=a place where anyone is anyone's sibling/parent/child....and therefore is the best place on earth <3
Spoiler: Write a Will, BO Edition
Spoiler: Whenever in doubt
DCTP Cat Family
My dA
Stopwatch

Post by Stopwatch »

dumytru wrote:Here's what I think. If the Spy went for the "include those two words in your first post", then Togop rules might work.
But! Togop rules are.. impractical. For Americans, it may work, but foreigners, it might be tricky to rephrase their post.

In any case, if an informant must use certain word in their post, it's a good strategy. Why? Even without Togop rules, the post that must include specific words will sound strange, more or less.
Being restricted even further, they'll either fail to idenfity themselves, either the order will be obvious.

I won't say whether I'm for or against just yet.
Not to derail, but wouldn't it be better to say "native English-speakers" rather than "Americans", and so on? :-\
Terry Pratchett wrote: The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.
Spoiler: Box full of stuff
Write a Will
Some year's SS by Abs. :D
DCW SS from Anime Girl 4 Eva]
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

Day 1 has started several hours ago. If the goal is to prevent the Spy from learning the Informants' identities, I think we're a bit too late.

The only thing we can do now is look for messages that might be the identification, although previous rounds have shown that it could be anything, so... I don't know.

Let's wait and see what phase change brings.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

Pesonally I would ignore searching for the informants, and just think who the Spy might be. We're losing time trying to figure out the informants which nota bene aren't our primary targets, and killing them won't help us much finding the spy. In fact killing informants maybe give the spy too much time.
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

Stopwatch wrote:
dumytru wrote:Here's what I think. If the Spy went for the "include those two words in your first post", then Togop rules might work.
But! Togop rules are.. impractical. For Americans, it may work, but foreigners, it might be tricky to rephrase their post.

In any case, if an informant must use certain word in their post, it's a good strategy. Why? Even without Togop rules, the post that must include specific words will sound strange, more or less.
Being restricted even further, they'll either fail to idenfity themselves, either the order will be obvious.

I won't say whether I'm for or against just yet.
Not to derail, but wouldn't it be better to say "native English-speakers" rather than "Americans", and so on? :-\
Of course.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Stopwatch

Post by Stopwatch »

Nemomon wrote:Pesonally I would ignore searching for the informants, and just think who the Spy might be. We're losing time trying to figure out the informants which nota bene aren't our primary targets, and killing them won't help us much finding the spy. In fact killing informants maybe give the spy too much time.
The Informants may lead back to the Spy actually. I mean, it varies somewhat, but if a lynch is on the Spy then the Informants will come to their defense and that can potentially reveal them once they flip as Informants. It could possibly work the other way round (Spy defending an Informant) but that's less likely. For this to happen though, there needs to be discussion over who to lynch which isn't really happening right now. Sorry if I've not explained that well.

Do you have a current candidate to lynch? If so, why do you want them lynched?
Terry Pratchett wrote: The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
bash7353 wrote:I kind of always assumed that Haneda's parents might've had names.
Write a Will
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

I'm voting for Kaito Lady. I sent my vote to Fuji-sama during the prep. phase without knowing that during it we're not voting. But I don't want to change my vote, so I keep it. Why Lady? Because when I was voting yesterday I though she's MIA or otherwise dead.

There are two kinds of evil players - one of them will not post at all and will pretend to be dead hoping that all others will forget about them, or will be active in the topic trying to look innocent, and citizens &c, so others might hesitate to vote against them.

I have decided to vote against silent players, because there's always a chance that we will hit the spy, but even if not, we still will get our fun from the discussions in the topic.

===

I hardly can believe that the spy will try to protect the informant. If anything, I would expect the spy among that players that voted against the informant. In my current Mafia game I play on another board my mafia partner already told me that he will vote against me to throw off suspicion. I expect a similar behaviour in this "mafia" games as well ;).
Raiden
There is a world of imagination
Deep in the corners of your mind
Where reality is an intruder
And myth and legend thrive

Post by Raiden »

Not sure what to make of Togop's suggestion right now other than I agree with dumytru's reason in that it might prove impractical in use. Need more input to make any real opinion on it.
MoonRaven wrote:Hmm... I might not vote for anyone today. No comments on Togop's suggestion.
The rules are very specific that you cannot abstain to vote.
The Rules wrote:Each Day phase every player, no matter what role they've been assigned, has to cast a vote for any player still alive. Whoever receives the most votes will be lynched. Specific rules:
— You may not abstain.
— You have to vote a player who is alive as of the phase the vote is cast. Voting a dead player or someone who isn't even playing is invalid. You may vote yourself.
*Snips*
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” ― Frances Hardinge
“If you are cold, tea will warm you;
if you are too heated, it will cool you;
If you are depressed, it will cheer you;
If you are excited, it will calm you.”
― William Ewart Gladstone

MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Whops. I forgot about that. I guess, I'll go with random vote then...
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

I think Togops rules could be used and a kinda usefull at Day 1, but afterwards, those rules are useless and would also hinder the flow of discussion. And I also agree with the points, that it's hard for non-native speakers or simply for people that are bad at writing, which would be in both point me :D AND I CAN'T WRITE WITHOUT EMOTICONS! I'M SORRY!!!! >_<
After day 1, those rules are useless, because if the spy didn't figure out his informants, he would just make new rules anyway with togops rules in mind. And those rules would also hinder the detective imo, since the detective won't be able to post freely and try to give hints etc.

So, as for voting, I go random I guess.
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
darkest absol

Post by darkest absol »

I'm voting random as well. There just isn't enough to go on this early.
Spoiler: Secret Santa 2014 (Thanks, Fujiwara!)
Spoiler: Secret Santa 2015 (Thanks, Raiden!)
Spoiler: A surprise Christmas gift from cinnamoroll
Stopwatch

Post by Stopwatch »

Nemomon wrote:I'm voting for Kaito Lady. I sent my vote to Fuji-sama during the prep. phase without knowing that during it we're not voting. But I don't want to change my vote, so I keep it. Why Lady? Because when I was voting yesterday I though she's MIA or otherwise dead.

There are two kinds of evil players - one of them will not post at all and will pretend to be dead hoping that all others will forget about them, or will be active in the topic trying to look innocent, and citizens &c, so others might hesitate to vote against them.

I have decided to vote against silent players, because there's always a chance that we will hit the spy, but even if not, we still will get our fun from the discussions in the topic.

===
While lurkers can certainly be a problem, especially as the game goes on, my number one priority after getting the Spy is gaining information with the lynch. Who is for a lynch, who is against it, they can all be telling, but generally you only generate this kind of discussion when enough data is there to start off with. Going for lurkers doesn't really gain information and unless the Spy and Informants are busy in rl, I expect that they will want to keep relatively active so as to avoid appearing as though they're not contributing. That's more of an estimate than a certainty, I suppose.

This may not be the most accurate analysis of the situation given how the Spy-Informant relationship is different from the average Mafia team, but I think the main principles behind it are still useful.
Nemomon wrote:I hardly can believe that the spy will try to protect the informant. If anything, I would expect the spy among that players that voted against the informant. In my current Mafia game I play on another board my mafia partner already told me that he will vote against me to throw off suspicion. I expect a similar behaviour in this "mafia" games as well ;).
I did say that I found it unlikely the Spy would try to protect their Informants anywhere near as much as the Informants would try to protect the Spy, did I not? I would find it a null tell as to whether the Spy would vote for their Informant or not, at least with an experienced Spy, but as this is only the sixth round and not everyone has played all of those anyway, I may agree that it would be more likely for the Spy to vote for their Informant. Or at least it was before we discussed this :x.

Which board, if I may ask?
Write a Will
Thanks, cinna ^^
Image[/spoiler]
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

I must go now, but I'm playing on the ZetaBoards support board. That's the link to the current game, but of course please do not mention to anybody what I just told You about my role, thanks. Plus, on this support board I nearly have played 50 werewolf games which more or less are the same as the mafia games.

http://if.invisionfree.com/topic/5192183/1/