The "Introduce Yourself" Topic

New to the community? Would you like to introduce yourself? Not new but still want to introduce yourself? This is the place to do it!
Umandsf
Something witty should go here.

Re: The "Introduce Yourself" Topic

Post by Umandsf »

Yeah, for some reason, I have this strange desire to only use metric, even though I'm in the U.S. That's why I've converted anything that give me temperature into metric and trying to use it everywhere, even if it bothers people. :P I found it very amusing when I discovered that the walk/drive to where I work is exactly two kilometers.
Callid
Ratio vincit omnia.

Post by Callid »

Umandsf wrote: Yeah, for some reason, I have this strange desire to only use metric, even though I'm in the U.S. That's why I've converted anything that give me temperature into metric and trying to use it everywhere, even if it bothers people. :P I found it very amusing when I discovered that the walk/drive to where I work is exactly two kilometers.
Metric system FTW!
If  ;), :D, ;D, ::), :P, :-X, :o or >:D are attached, that paragraph may not be 100% serious. Seriously.
This link provides further information.
Callid Conia Pact - Petitions - Archive
Conia
Yurikochan's Husband
Conan Shuuichi

Post by Conia »

Callid wrote:
Umandsf wrote: Yeah, for some reason, I have this strange desire to only use metric, even though I'm in the U.S. That's why I've converted anything that give me temperature into metric and trying to use it everywhere, even if it bothers people. :P I found it very amusing when I discovered that the walk/drive to where I work is exactly two kilometers.
Metric system FTW!
acerola21

Post by acerola21 »

mangaluva wrote:I still don't know why America doesn't use the metric system, either. It's caused a lot of problems. Did you hear about that NASA mission to send a probe to Mars, where they mixed up Imperial and Metric miles or something like that, and the probe ended up crashing full speed into the planet's surface? ^_^;
YES, yes I did!  I mean, you'd think that they'd learn after that, but no - lol the US is a lazy country.  It feels very laid back here, at least compared to Japan, anyway.
mangaluva wrote:
Spoiler:
I personally prefer Jon Stewart's phrase, "Global weather catastrofuck" XD
;D
HAHA that's very appropriate, indeed.  :D
Umandsf wrote:Yeah, for some reason, I have this strange desire to only use metric, even though I'm in the U.S. That's why I've converted anything that give me temperature into metric and trying to use it everywhere, even if it bothers people. :P I found it very amusing when I discovered that the walk/drive to where I work is exactly two kilometers.
Huh, that's really interesting - so I'm guessing that you weren't born in the US, or . . . ?
conia wrote:
Callid wrote: Metric system FTW!
Couldn't agree more. *nods*
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

acerola21 wrote:
conia wrote:
Couldn't agree more. *nods*
So very true ;)
Callid
Ratio vincit omnia.

Post by Callid »

Perhaps we should start a "Metric system support topic"  ;D
Or let's simply call it:
If  ;), :D, ;D, ::), :P, :-X, :o or >:D are attached, that paragraph may not be 100% serious. Seriously.
This link provides further information.
Callid Conia Pact - Petitions - Archive
Umandsf
Something witty should go here.

Post by Umandsf »

No, I was born in the U.S. It's just I've used it for 21 years, so it's just second-nature. Might as well learn something else and learn to easily convert between the two, like multiple languages.
acerola21

Post by acerola21 »

Umandsf wrote: No, I was born in the U.S. It's just I've used it for 21 years, so it's just second-nature. Might as well learn something else and learn to easily convert between the two, like multiple languages.
True, as much as I love the metric system (because everthing is based on powers of ten), it's physically really random and the US is too used to using the Standard System anyways, so I guess that it wouldn't hurt to learn multiple measurement systems like multiple languages. *shrug*
CC

Post by CC »

Name: CC...or something similar  ;)
Future Career: ...if I told you, I'd have to kill you...
Conan Fan Since: 2002/3-ish

Favorite Conan Movie: Movie 13 (the "Raven" plus the fact it's #13 kinda made it seem like it was meant for me...)
Favorite Conan Case: can't remember off the top of my head...
Other Favorite Anime/Manga: Baccano!, Death Note, Code Geass, Evangelion, Soul Eater, Ergo Proxy, Bleach, Tatakau Shisho

Favorite Movies: Don't watch many...I'd have to say probably Watchmen, Sin City, and Match Point...

Favorite TV Series: Rome, Burn Notice, Psych, Merlin, Heroes...well, it used to be  ::), Dexter, Top Chef

Favorite Books/Stories: Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Journey to the West, Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles

Other Interests:  Mafia, cooking, DDR
Three Mafiosos can defeat a Zhuge Liang.
Hybrid Speed

Post by Hybrid Speed »

Hey guys.  Long time lurker here.  I've decided to try to actually become a regular.  I've seen this forum go through a lot in my lurking days.  Good times.....  Site updates, DCTV, subbing movie 12.  Jd- and his crazy antics.

I'd watch Case Closed on TV, and enjoyed the show greatly.  Eventually I decided to see where the story went, and moved along toward the Japanese version of Detective Conan.  Attempting to find episodes online lead me to finding the arcs page which really made my life easier as it showed me which episodes out of the huge amount were plot related episodes so I could catch up to recent episodes.  Later on I fully found out what this site had to offer and have been lurking here ever since.  Hopefully I can keep my lurking to a minimum now.  :)

Name: Jonathan
Future Career: No clue where this will lead.  Web design or in the video game industry hopefully.
Conan Fan Since: I believe it was 2006.

Favorite Conan Movie: Don't enjoy a single one enough to call one a favorite.
Favorite Conan Case: Plot related cases.  I like plot.
Favorite Conan Opening Theme: Koi Wa Thrill, Shock, Suspense
Favorite Conan Ending Theme: N/A
Favorite Conan Movie Theme: N/A

Other Favorite Anime/Manga: Dragonball/Z, .Hack

Favorite Movies: Couldn't name any titles, but I do enjoy comedies.

Favorite Songs: No exact favorites.  Some songs I like, some I don't.

Favorite TV Series: Boy Meets World, Family Guy, Survivor, and various cartoons.

Favorite Books/Stories: Again, not sure if I could name any single one.
gisaku-chan
so..where were we? 8)

Post by gisaku-chan »

Hey guys. This is gisaku-chan ^o^. Some people here might know me already cuz I can be seen mingling in some conan sites too. I've been a lurker of this forum for years already (creepy) but it only occurred to me like, yesterday that I think it would be really fun if I become a member of this forum. So here I am. :D

Name: gisaku-chan
Future Career: pffft. A lawyer who owns a detective agency :D~ No kidding.
Conan Fan Since: 2004 (I knew Conan since 1st grade, but hadn't actually got hooked to it until I was in 4th grade)

Favorite Conan Movie: Phantom of Baker Street, second is Crossroad in the Ancient Capital
Favorite Conan Case: Too many TwT
Favorite Conan Opening Theme: MAGIC
Favorite Conan Ending Theme: Koigokoro Kagayaki Nagara
Favorite Conan Movie Theme: Time After Time

Other Favorite Anime/Manga: manga - Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, Bloody Monday, Doraemon (^o^), Vampire Knight. anime - Tantei Gakuen Q, Spiral, Higurashi, Higurashi Kai, Jigoku Shoujo, JS Mitsuganae, Hayate no Gotoku, Air, Clannad, Kanon, etc.

Favorite Movies: not a fan of watching movies xP

Favorite Songs: JPOP~! Too many TwT

Favorite TV Series: not a fan of watching television xP

Favorite Books/Stories: Agatha Christie mystery novels. Her novels rock <3
banner made by me.
More banners/icons from my Art Gallery Thread. index.php?topic=3103.0

A ShinichixRan fan forever and ever. AMEN.
HEIJI + KAZUHA = HEIZUHA FTW!
(official couple name by Heiji-lover7)
koshimizu_natsuki

Post by koshimizu_natsuki »

Persona: Koshimizu Natsuki      (you can tell where this is from right?)
Future Career: A journalist, or English teacher
Conan Fan Since: 1996

Favorite Conan Movie: Crossroads in the Ancient Capital, Full Score of Fear
Favorite Conan Case: The spiderweb/ puppet one. I can't remember for sure as I've separated from DC for around two years to concentrate on my studies ^^;
Favorite Conan Opening Theme: Unmei no Roulette Mawashite -ZARD
Favorite Conan Ending Theme: I still believe ~tameiki~ - Yumi Shizukusa
Favorite Conan Movie Theme: Time After Time ~Hana Mau Machi De~ - Mai Kuraki

Other Favorite Anime/Manga: Spiral (manga only), xxxHoLic, Evangelion, Gundam series, Macross F series.

Favorite Movies: Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Grave of the Fireflies, Dr. Zhivago, The Sky Crawlers, Millenium Actress, Ponyo u<
dilbertschalter

Post by dilbertschalter »

koshimizu_natsuki wrote: Persona: Koshimizu Natsuki       (you can tell where this is from right?)
Episode 479. Though I have to say, I didn't like that episode much, it seemed pretty clear to me from the "beginning" (of the part of the episode) that either her or the other no name detective was the one behind the plot and when he died, that solved it well enough.
Detective Movies Contest 2013: Information Thread  Current Faceoff

"The energies of our system will decay; the glory of the sun will be dimmed, and the earth, tideless and inert, will no longer tolerate the race which has for a moment disturbed its solitude. Man will go down into the pit, and all his thoughts will perish. The uneasy consciousness, which in this obscure corner has for a brief space broken the contented silence of the universe, will be at rest. Matter will know itself no longer. 'Imperishable monuments' and 'immortal deeds,' death itself, and love stronger than death, will be as though they had never been."
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

hmmm... guess I could actually introduce myself too, huh?

Name: Kleene Onigiri
Future Career: Teacher (Math and Chemistry) 35% done actually :p
Conan Fan Since: uhm... I think 2008?

Favorite Conan Movie:
Movie 13
Favorite Conan Case:
Manga Chapter 380-383
Favorite Conan Opening Theme:
Ai wa Kurayami no Naka de
Favorite Conan Ending Theme:
Yukidoke no ano kawa no nagare no you ni
Favorite Conan Movie Theme:
Time After Time
Favorite Conan Charakters:
Gin, Vodka, Akai

Other Favorite Anime/Manga:
One Piece, Death Note, Skip Beat, 1/2 Prince, Bakuman, Beelzebub, Bartender, Dengeki Daisy, Defense Devil, Fairy Tail, Hana to Akuma, Inubaka, Kuroshitsuji, Lock On!, Slayers, Superior, Full Metal Panic, ...

Favorite Movies:
Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Carribean, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Batman, ...

Favorite Songs/Bands etc.:
"Fin" - Anberlin, "Sail on" - Masterplan, "neo" - Rurutia, "Paid in full" - Sonata Arctica, "Untouched" - Veronicas, "Unwritten" - Natascha Bedingfield, Michael Jackson in general, .... and more
Favorite TV Series:
Dr. House, Alf, Smurfs, Ninja Turtles (Shredder ftw!)
Favorite Books/Stories:
don't have any favorite ones

Hobbies: Sleeping, Daydreaming, Drawing (although I didn't do much the last years QQ)
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

Name: Commi-Ninja
Future Career: Don't know yet.
Conan Fan Since: 2004, I think.

Favorite Conan Movie: #7 at the moment.
Favorite Conan Case: Clash of Red and Black (until a better Akai-oriented plot comes along, anyway.)
Favorite Conan Opening Theme: Ai wa Kurayami no Naka de or Mysterious
Favorite Conan Characters:  Akai, Shinichi, Heiji, Kaitou KID

Other Favorite Anime/Manga: Hana-Kimi, Black Cat, Spiral, Fruits Basket, D.N.Angel, Mobile Suit Gundam, and a few others

Favorite Movies: Pirates of the Caribbean, Sherlock Holmes, Clash of the Titans, The Lord of the Rings, Batman Begins/The Dark Knight, Pride and Prejudice

Favorite Songs/Bands etc.: Relient K, Switchfoot, Kutless, Linkin Park, and what I've heard of Avenged Sevenfold.

Favorite TV Series: Psych, Robin Hood (BBC), Primeval, Bones, Smallville

Favorite Books/Stories: Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch, Deception Point by Dan Brown, Anthem by Ayn Rand, Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, and many more.

Hobbies:  Reading, Writing, Working.  That's pretty much all I do.  Oh, and apparently go to see movies.  I've been doing a lot of that lately.
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.