ESPIONAGE: A brand new simple forum game! (Central Rules & Information Topic)

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
RoboG55
Akai family... so cool....

Re: ESPIONAGE: A brand new simple forum game! (Central Rules & Information Topic)

Post by RoboG55 »

Jd- wrote:
RoboG55 wrote:So in the team rounds do the members vote individually? Or does the team have to agree on who to vote and vote together?
In the current round's rules, they decide and vote together. One team, one vote. You also vote for other teams as a unit, too, instead of individual players.
So both team members send in the same votes to the GM?
Just trying to stay afloat in the hell that is life..
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Re: ESPIONAGE: A brand new simple forum game! (Central Rules & Information Topic)

Post by Jd- »

RoboG55 wrote:
Jd- wrote:
RoboG55 wrote:So in the team rounds do the members vote individually? Or does the team have to agree on who to vote and vote together?
In the current round's rules, they decide and vote together. One team, one vote. You also vote for other teams as a unit, too, instead of individual players.
So both team members send in the same votes to the GM?
One player can send them in for the team; whichever the GM receives last will be considered the valid vote/action for the purposes of results. It's the same for kills for the Spy team and Investigate for the Detective team.
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

Jd- wrote:In the current round's rules, they decide and vote together. One team, one vote. You also vote for other teams as a unit, too, instead of individual players.
Does this means that I can vote two players at once?
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

dumytru wrote:
Jd- wrote:In the current round's rules, they decide and vote together. One team, one vote. You also vote for other teams as a unit, too, instead of individual players.
Does this means that I can vote two players at once?
You vote for a team, so someone would send in a vote like, "We vote for dumytru & Jd-".
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Fujiwara »

I really think we need to change how the lists work in this game - at the very least there should be a clear guideline about what people are allowed to say, and what they aren't allowed to say.

But let's leave that discussion until after round 3 ends. ^^
Togop

Post by Togop »

Now that this round is over, motion for rule change:
Samples of the exact PMs used by the GM to announce roles should be publicly abailable (only with placeholder names instead of teammates/lists/etc.).
I had this conversation with Yuri this round:
Hey, Yuri, if the spy/informant asked you for sample of the PM you sent to civillians at the beginning of the game, what would you send them?
Yuri Iwamoto wrote:nothing. They have no right to see it :P
I could have used this to send an encrypted message for civillians. I could then post the message, and tell people to use this (http://www.tools4noobs.com/online_tools/decrypt/) tool to decrypt using the **-th word from the 'your job' paragraph as the key. Since this was the first Team Espionage round and the role announcement message has changed, people couldn't have relied on old round role announcement messages to figure out the key. Thus, only civillians could read the message.

Then I could, for example, give everyone a password in a coded message and ask them to post their password. Whoever doesn't is probably a spy/informant/detective (or perhaps Jd- if he participated in making Yuri's messages for some reason).
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

That is giving town too much power Togop.
You only get the message of your role, not other ones as well :V
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Togop

Post by Togop »

Elaborate, please? I don't see how is it giving too much power.
In any case, we need to at least expand the prohobotion to not replicate the GM's post.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

@Togop: I covered this in the big summation post, in this part about future changes on the way:
You are not allowed to in ANY WAY showcase any private correspondence from the GM with other players. This means no screenshots, no copy-pastes, no hinting, and no replicating of anything the GM has said to confirm your role.
Additionally, I utilized the idea of encrypted codes in one of the only two forum mafia games I played in, so great minds and all that. However, we'll definitely be banning those. Any sort of covert communication based on any sort of GM correspondence shouldn't be allowed.

As for making the base templates available for everyone, you're right that they should be available for all rounds, including team ones. I'll expand that in the main post to include the ones we made for this one (for posterity's sake).
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

You could pick out the special roles in little to no phases. Explain to me how that isn't giving civilians too much power?
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
Togop

Post by Togop »

Yuri Iwamoto wrote:You could pick out the special roles in little to no phases. Explain to me how that isn't giving civilians too much power?
I fail to see how could I pick out the special roles only by knowing that the PMs look like.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

I think Yuri may be referring to the secret code thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, though...
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

nope, you're right.
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

I had a random thought.

Would putting the spy and detective in every list maybe solve/help the problem with people posting lists?
The problem that arises with that is, that people not on the list are certainly civilians. But if the lists are big enough, maybe that won't be much of a problem?

Like with 11 players, making the list 8 units big?
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

Kleene Onigiri wrote:I had a random thought.

Would putting the spy and detective in every list maybe solve/help the problem with people posting lists?
The problem that arises with that is, that people not on the list are certainly civilians. But if the lists are big enough, maybe that won't be much of a problem?

Like with 11 players, making the list 8 units big?
We could also have a small lists of trusted civilians. So they know for sure everyone on the list is a civilian.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!