Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Re: Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

Post by sstimson »

Ok, but for fun can you find another way to do the same ( Get all across safely)
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

Here's a second solution I've been able to find. It's pretty similar, though, I just changed one minor detail in the beginning. May not be what you were thinking of.
Spoiler:
First the user transports the computer across and comes back alone. Then it looks like this:

Code: Select all

User
Virus     Computer
Antivirus
Afterwards the user brings the antivirus to the other site and brings the computer back.

User
Computer     Antivirus
Virus
The user transports the computer and returns alone.

User         Computer
Virus        Antivirus
Then the user takes the virus across and... Done.
I think there probably are other ways that differ more from the one I mentioned.

If you don't mind, I'm just gonna post a new one:
On the ground level of a hotel there are three maiden and three vampires. There is an elevator that can take a maximum of 2 people, but can't move without anyone inside. Every time there are more vampires than maiden in one place the vampires kill the maiden. If the number of maiden and vampires that are in the same place are equal, that's okay. How can all six safely get to the top level?
Important: Everyone has to leave the elevator when getting to the top or the ground level, you can't have someone leave the level again immediately after arriving while staying in the elevator the entire time.

I may not have been able to explain the important thing there clearly. So, for better understanding, here's an example of what doesn't work:
Let's say one vampire and no maiden are on the top level. Now you send the elevator up with one vampire and one maiden. The maiden stays on the top level, while the vampire goes back down without ever leaving the elevator. On the top level you'd have one each, which is fine.
The reason this doesn't work is everyone needs to leave the elevator after it's arrived on the top level. At that point there are two vampires but just one maiden on the top level. Even if one of the vampires is As a result the vampires'll kill the maiden.
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きることを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

googleearth wrote:Here's a second solution I've been able to find. It's pretty similar, though, I just changed one minor detail in the beginning. May not be what you were thinking of.
Spoiler:
First the user transports the computer across and comes back alone. Then it looks like this:

User
Virus     Computer
Antivirus
So AntiVirus removes (kills) the virus

Afterwards the user brings the antivirus to the other site and brings the computer back.

User
Computer     Antivirus
Virus
The user transports the computer and returns alone.

User         Computer
Virus        Antivirus
I think there probably are other ways that differ more from the one I mentioned.

First step is the same. The Virus goes across first. Next either antivirus or the computer goes next and the virus comes back. then either the computer ( if Antivirus is across) or Antivirus ( if computer is cross) and last the virus is brought cross

On the ground level of a hotel there are three maiden and three vampires. There is an elevator that can take a maximum of 2 people, but can't move without anyone inside. Every time there are more vampires than maiden in one place the vampires kill the maiden. If the number of maiden and vampires that are in the same place are equal, that's okay. How can all six safely get to the top level?
Important: Everyone has to leave the elevator when getting to the top or the ground level, you can't have someone leave the level again immediately after arriving while staying in the elevator the entire time.

I may not have been able to explain the important thing there clearly. So, for better understanding, here's an example of what doesn't work:
Let's say one vampire and no maiden are on the top level. Now you send the elevator up with one vampire and one maiden. The maiden stays on the top level, while the vampire goes back down without ever leaving the elevator. On the top level you'd have one each, which is fine.
The reason this doesn't work is everyone needs to leave the elevator after it's arrived on the top level. At that point there are two vampires but just one maiden on the top level. Even if one of the vampires is As a result the vampires'll kill the maiden.
Later

Invisible Member
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

So here's my second try:
Spoiler:
First the user transports the virus across and comes back alone. Then it looks like this:

User
Computer     Virus
Antivirus
Afterwards the user brings the computer to the other site and brings the virus back.

User
Antivirus     Computer
Virus
The user transports the antivirus and returns alone.

User         Computer
Virus        Antivirus
I hope this time it's correct. The only thing I changed from the first solution is bringing the computer rather than the antivirus to the other side first. I'm not sure if they are possibilities besides these two, everything I did felt forced...
"Vad ska jag annars vara?" - "Det vet jag inte. Det måste du svara på. Men om du släpper allt du tror att du måste, och frågar dig vad du vill... Vad vill du då?"
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
Kogorou
*drinking beer and playing guitar*

Post by Kogorou »

Ah this is still alive how awesome is that.
Damn classes I will post my solution later :)
Divy Kala

Post by Divy Kala »

Hey everyone.I've been looking around this forum for about a month now when finally someone posted. Anyway, if this forum is still alive here is my solution to the puzzle above
Spoiler:
Firstly, two vampires go and one returns, leaving one vampire on the top level. Next, two vampires go again and one of them brings the elevator to the bottom floor leaving two vampires on the top floor and 1 on the bottom floor with the other three maidens. This time two of the maidens go to the top floor ,and down goes the elevator with one vampire and one maiden leaving two maidens and two vampires on the bottom floor and two alternates on the top floor. Then two maidens go while the vampire on the far side gets the elevator back leaving 3 maidens on the top floor and 3 vampires on the bottom floor. Ahead of this it's just downhill - two vampires go, one returns then both of the vampires on the bottom floor go to the top floor with the elevator ending at the top floor.
Initial understanding was far from a happy accident.
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

First post and absolutely correct, Divy Kala! Well done!

If you want to, you can leave a new puzzle for the rest of us to ponder over.
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

Since nobody's posting anything, here's a quick puzzle.

Use the numbers 1,3,4,6 and the operations "+", "-", "*", "/" to get the number 24.
Example: (2 * 3) + 9 - 1 = 14.

Restrictions:
You have to use all the numbers, and a number should be used only once.
You may, though, use the operations as you wish. But you can use only the one's written above (so you can't use powers (2^3) )
Also, you can't do something like this: 36-14 = ...
Use the numbers as they are.
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Togop

Post by Togop »

These are all decimal numbers, right?
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

Togop wrote:These are all decimal numbers, right?
Yeah, but you may use float. (for example 1/2 = 0.5)
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...
bash7353
部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Post by bash7353 »

That was the hint I needed.
Spoiler:
6 / (1 - 3/4)
= 6 / (1 - 0.75)
= 6 / 0.25
=24
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
dumytru

Post by dumytru »

googleearth wrote:That was the hint I needed.
Spoiler:
6 / (1 - 3/4)
= 6 / (1 - 0.75)
= 6 / 0.25
=24
Yup! :D
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

What no new puzzle. well, let us do something about that. Name The Last site of the World's Fair.
Later

Invisible Member
Togop

Post by Togop »

The Last site of the World's Fair shall be called Mike.
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

Might need to clarify. Last site means either the last site (location) where the fair was or the next site where it will be.
Later

Invisible Member