Ctrl+V Thread

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
Umandsf
Something witty should go here.

Re: Ctrl+V Thread

Post by Umandsf »

El marco escénico

[I was working on a Spanish class homework assignment.]
Callid
Ratio vincit omnia.

Post by Callid »

2. mit b), aber nicht mit a einverstanden,

Editing a post in a German forum.
mangaluva wrote: 28 April- Mussolini shot and hung up.
30 April- Hitler poisons dog, new wife, poisons and shoot self.
8 May- War in Europe over.
-Fic ends-
6 August- Hiroshima nuked
9 August- Nagasaki nuked.
2 September- Japanese surrender. WWII over.
Some dates were not correct...
Now they are.
If  ;), :D, ;D, ::), :P, :-X, :o or >:D are attached, that paragraph may not be 100% serious. Seriously.
This link provides further information.
Callid Conia Pact - Petitions - Archive
mangaluva
Fangirl, Pokefreak, Grammar Roman, Movie Geek

Post by mangaluva »

Chuck Norris

... I'm starting to enjoy doing this thread on school computers, just to think about who was searching this and why.
Callid wrote: 2. mit b), aber nicht mit a einverstanden,

Editing a post in a German forum.
mangaluva wrote: 28 April- Mussolini shot and hung up.
30 April- Hitler poisons dog, new wife, poisons and shoot self.
8 May- War in Europe over.
-Fic ends-
6 August- Hiroshima nuked
9 August- Nagasaki nuked.
2 September- Japanese surrender. WWII over.
Some dates were not correct...
Now they are.
Oh, thanks ^_^ Really? My history textbook fails -_-
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

[4.03]

how mysterious! Well not really but I will never tell.
dilbertschalter

Post by dilbertschalter »

Undiscovered Paradise
Detective Movies Contest 2013: Information Thread  Current Faceoff

"The energies of our system will decay; the glory of the sun will be dimmed, and the earth, tideless and inert, will no longer tolerate the race which has for a moment disturbed its solitude. Man will go down into the pit, and all his thoughts will perish. The uneasy consciousness, which in this obscure corner has for a brief space broken the contented silence of the universe, will be at rest. Matter will know itself no longer. 'Imperishable monuments' and 'immortal deeds,' death itself, and love stronger than death, will be as though they had never been."
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

Spoiler:
Chapter Twenty-Five
Homecoming
Kaito slowly blinked awake. He’d kept himself awake until sunrise, almost, afraid to sleep, but then he’d finally passed out and he’d been so tired that, thankfully, he hadn’t dreamed. The dimming light coming through his closed eyelids indicated that it was the afternoon. He could hear two nurses adjusting his mother’s equipment and gossiping. One of them sounded new.
“Well, this is the first time I’ve really dealt with any of the high-risk patients... I thought she’d have had two nurses from the start, though.â€
Callid
Ratio vincit omnia.

Post by Callid »

Code: Select all

Italy  4.41
or:
Italy  4.41

Editing a post around here.
If  ;), :D, ;D, ::), :P, :-X, :o or >:D are attached, that paragraph may not be 100% serious. Seriously.
This link provides further information.
Callid Conia Pact - Petitions - Archive
Elika12

Post by Elika12 »

Spoiler:
Don't ask
miakakiri
Really not sure what I should put here....

Post by miakakiri »

Event dates and what's being handed out

February 14: It is a mystery (I'D LIKE TO GET MY HANDS ON THAT EVENT EGG) - 10000 clicks
February 15: Darkrai - 7000 clicks
February 16: Delicious Pudding - 6000 clicks
February 17: Moltres - 5000 clicks
February 18: Small redistribution etc. - 30000 clicks

Er....randomness....~_~*
I have finally started to actually publish my story! For the moment, expect a new chapter each month.

The Case of the Midnight Channel
"When a strange letter summons the Mouri family to Inaba, Ran is expecting a case. She's not expecting it to involve the TV, though.
If Naoto investigated everyone who came to visit Inaba, she'd have little time for real cases. When Yukiko reports that the Midnight Channel is back, however, she starts to wonder if the visitors are connected. Especially when the image clears, unveiling yet another mystery."

Short version: I'm taking various DC/MK characters to Inaba (where Persona 4 takes place) and dropping them through the TV to face their Shadows!
Cross-posted:Case of the Midnight Channel at Archive of our Own.
dilbertschalter

Post by dilbertschalter »

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
    2 [ZEN] Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
    3 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
    4 [GP] Steam Vents
    4 [GP] Stomping Ground
    1 [DIS] Breeding Pool
    1 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
    3 [MR] Island (3)
    1 [M10] Mountain (1)
    3 [M10] Forest (4)
    1 [M10] Mountain (2)
    1 [CHK] Boseiju, Who Shelters All

// Creatures
    4 [CHK] Sakura-Tribe Elder
    3 [9E] Wood Elves

// Spells
    4 [MOR] Scapeshift
    4 [TSP] Search for Tomorrow
    4 [M10] Ponder
    4 [CHK] Peer Through Depths
    4 [RAV] Remand
    2 [FD] Condescend
    2 [LRW] Cryptic Command
    3 [ZEN] Into the Roil
    2 [SHM] Firespout

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [DS] Echoing Truth
SB: 3 [ZEN] Spell Pierce
SB: 2 [MOR] Vendilion Clique
SB: 2 [RAV] Shadow of Doubt
SB: 2 [SHM] Firespout
SB: 2 [LRW] Primal Command
SB: 1 [SHM] Oona, Queen of the Fae
SB: 1 [CHK] Boseiju, Who Shelters All

magic: the gathering
Detective Movies Contest 2013: Information Thread  Current Faceoff

"The energies of our system will decay; the glory of the sun will be dimmed, and the earth, tideless and inert, will no longer tolerate the race which has for a moment disturbed its solitude. Man will go down into the pit, and all his thoughts will perish. The uneasy consciousness, which in this obscure corner has for a brief space broken the contented silence of the universe, will be at rest. Matter will know itself no longer. 'Imperishable monuments' and 'immortal deeds,' death itself, and love stronger than death, will be as though they had never been."
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

Spoiler:
Sooo, originally I was going to try and write a fic present for you all for V-day, unfortunately the holidays sneaking up on my faster and faster and I still have nothing to offer up.

I'm not going to push myself by trying. The last few weeks have been hard on me as it is.

At any rate, I'm going to share a few "shortfic" ideas that I've got in the wing. I tend to write shortfic here and there just to have something to post when I'm mired down by chapterfic, so I want to know what you think, what you're most interested in, so I can decide which to work on first. Given, I might not go with the majority vote, it really depends, but I digress...

LDB&S
One month after finding himself with a vampiric lover Kudou Shinichi is about to find out how Kaito plans to make good on his promises of eternity.

Witch Burning
Sometimes, giving into the darkness is the only way out. And, for once, paying the toll doesn't seem that high a price to Kaito if it means he can save his detective.

One Night Butterfly
Kaito thought he'd finally had everything he wanted in Shinichi, until his new lover went missing. When the police failed to find him, Kid went looking, and what he found may shake the foundations of his existance to his very core.

A Romantic Comedy in Two Parts
In part one of this fine play we see the curtain rise on Hakuba Saguru as he is contracted to take on a case at the prestigious Ouran High School where he meets the ever charming members of the host club.

In part two we are all invited to a grandiose party in which the star guest is the infamous Kaitou Kid. Apparently the Host Club's latest trinket has attracted the esteemed criminals most astute gaze!

Aaand there you have it. My current ideas for some shorter fics. One of them which I've actually owed miss_sera for a looooong time. XD

Anyway, thoughts, comments, etc are loved~
Catching up on Koorii's LJ. Sooooo much KaiShin smexiiness ♥
Umandsf
Something witty should go here.

Post by Umandsf »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25567175@N04/3699770509/

[Someone left in the comments section of the Nostalgia Critic's Top 11 Cereal Mascots video.]
mangaluva

Post by mangaluva »

Country overview
India is home to one over one billion people and the population continues to rise fast! It is an incredibly diverse, colourful and exciting country, home to the Taj Mahal, the Himalayas and Bollywood. However, one quarter of its population continue to live below the poverty line and Lattitude volunteers are needed to work in schools, Tibetan monasteries and community centres to provide support and teach English.

Investigating a Gap Year teaching English in India