The "Introduce Yourself" Topic

New to the community? Would you like to introduce yourself? Not new but still want to introduce yourself? This is the place to do it!
baka1412
* Angeloid Type Epsilon : Chaos *

Re: The "Introduce Yourself" Topic

Post by baka1412 »

Gosh, I never know such a thread exist... And i also can't believe that I've never introduced myself officially

Name: Well, people called me Jimmy (Yup, they did..) And my real name is only different by 1 letter :D
Future Career: I'd love to work on game industry (nearly interviewed by a game company once...), or in a Comic Book store
Conan Fan Since: let see.. since i was still in the elementary grade.. When was that ?

Favorite Conan Movie: Count Down to Heaven
Favorite Conan Case: Any case with Haibara appearance
Favorite Opening Theme: "I can't stop my love for you♥" by Rina Aiuchi
Favorite Ending Theme: I shall go with " Secret of my heart "
Favorite Movie Theme: Movie 5 "Always"

Other Favorite Anime/Manga:
The big 3 " One piece, Bleach, Naruto", The big 10  "MSN, FMA, ES-21, HSDK, TWGOK, HnG, SnO, KoJiKa, Bloody Monday (I & II), Beelzebub", i wanted to add until the Big 50, but that would've mean i must scan through all my list...

Favorite Movies:
Almost all the comedy genre but without overrated  slapstick humor, Sci-fi, adventures & mystery

Favorite Songs:
Mostly J-Pop and Anime Songs

Favorite TV series:
Friends, and i'm watching The Big Bang Theory right now (up to session 2), it's just so damn hilarious

Fave books:
... Manga ? This is considered as Books right :D
My First Fan-Fic, please Read & Review :
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11021352/1 ... n-her-Flag
Boxcar Children
Osorezan Revoir/The black thousand-paper-cranes

Post by Boxcar Children »

Too make it short:
The Chronicles Of Narnia.
I read all seven of them

I forgot to write For
Favorite Songs:rock,pop,cassicle,country,Religis,World,MiX of music
I like;70s,90s,and alot of 80s. music

Not all the books I've read are on this page I've read more including Fanfic,comics,and Manga
My Deviantart page==â–ºhttp://boxcarchildren.deviantart.com/
beatlesgirl95

Post by beatlesgirl95 »

Name: Stacie
Future Career: That's a good question
Conan Fan Since: 2005

Favorite Conan Movie: The Phantom of Baker Street
Favorite Conan Case: 48-49 I love Heiji  ;D
Favorite Opening Theme: The 13th song (the name is too long for me to remember)
Favorite Ending Theme: I don't really have one
Favorite Movie Theme: Don't really have one

07-Ghost, Natsume Yuujinchou, Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok, Darker Than Black, XXXHOLiC, Baccano!, D.N.Angel, Ouran High School Host Club, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Kodomo no Omocha, Sgt. Frog, Code Geass, Haré+Guu, Nerima Daikon Brothers, and Kaze no Stigma.

Favorite Movies:
Yellow Submarine, Anastasia, Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, Chitty Chitty Bang-Bang, and Sherlock Holmes.

Favorite Songs:
Anything by The Beatles

Favorite TV series:
30 Rock, The Office, Moonlight, Code Lyoko, Big Bang Theory, SpongeBob ;), Chowder, The Misadventures of Flapjack, and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. 

Fave books:
Sherlock Holmes, Molly Moon series, Falling Up, Where the Sidewalk Ends, Speak, Carpe Diem, Jacob Have I Loved, PaperTowns, and An Abundance of Katherines.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
JDS
aka JD_SUCKS

Post by JDS »

Name: JD_SUCKS
Future Career: #DCTP 's most useless operator
Jd- Fan Since: umm.. I think it was 2008 :o

Favorite Jd- toy: That plushie of him

Other Favorite Anime/Manga: Gundam SEED/Destiny, Hunter X Hunter, Hajime no Ippo, Hikaru no Go, Itazura na Kiss, anything with lolis in it

Favorite Movies: (actually in order)
Too lazy to watch "normal" movies, but Blues Brothers ones are good \o/

Favorite Songs: (in no particular order, limited to one song per artist)
As long as it's jpop, almost everything goes

Favorite TV Series:
Too lazy to watch "normal" series's

Favorite Books/Stories:
Too lazy to read anything
Last edited by JDS on January 31st, 2010, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azu
ME GUSTA

Post by Azu »

Name: Sandii
Future Career: Translator or Digital Visual Effector :3.
Conan Fan Since: Hmm not really sure... But I've watched Conan since 2003 and loved it.

Favorite Conan Movie: 3 & 6, I guess? I loved 3 because of Kaito, and 6 because it introduced me to JTP. Correct me if I got the wrong movie XD.
Favorite Conan Case: As long Shinichi / Heiji appears in it, I will love it :3.
Favorite Conan Opening Theme: Namida no Yesterday (Garnet Crow)
Favorite Conan Ending Theme: Hikari (BREAKERZ)
Favorite Conan Movie Theme: Anata ga Iru kara.

Other Favorite Anime/Manga: Lovely Complex, Fairy Tail, One piece, Fullmetal Alchemist, D.Gray-man, Bakuman, Pandora Hearts.

Gokusen the movie :D. It counts, okay !

Drama - (SID), Shalala Tanbourine (Katou Shigeaki), Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ (Hamasaki Ayumi), _REM (NIGHTMARE), Dice (176BIZ), Senkou (ZORO), Mezame (Kajiura Yuki), Parallel Hearts (FictionJunction), Tsubasa (FictionJunction KAORI), everlasting song (FictionJunction ASUKA), Hitomi no Chikara (FictionJunction YUUKA), Kokoro no Chizu (BOYSTYLE), Going On! (Guardians 4), Sakura no Hanabiratachi (AKB48), Truth (Arashi), Loveless (Yamashita Tomohisa), Oblivious (Kalafina), Dream Fighter (Perfume), Ai no Katamari (KinKi Kids), Change the World (NEWS), Hikari Hitotsu (Takizawa Hideaki), Rival (Berryz Koubou), Everyday Zekkouchou (C-ute), Shouganai Yume Oibito (Morning Musume), Jikan yo Tomare (AZU feat. SEAMO), Eternal Snow (Changin' my Life), Yellow Moon (Garnet Crow), F.D.D (Itou Kanako) & ETC.

Favorite TV Series:
SIMPSONS!, Well, and Fall into Darkness

Favorite Books/Stories:
All books by Christopher Pike:3.  :D
MrWiz88

Post by MrWiz88 »

Name: Mr.Wiz or mrwiz88
Past Career: Admin of Detectiveconan.US
Current Career: Retail Sales Associate and Kienai staff member
Future Career: Professional Anime Watcher
Conan Fan Since: Adult Swim

Favorite Conan Movie: 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 12
Favorite Conan Case: 174, 219, 238-239, 263, 277-278, 304, 345, 479, 490
Favorite Conan Opening Theme: Start (Rina Aiuchi), Shoudou (B'z)
Favorite Conan Ending Theme: Free Magic (WAG)
Favorite Conan Movie Theme: One (B'z)

Other Favorite Anime/Manga: pretty much 99% of all other stuff i watch

Favorite Movies: Smokey and the Bandit, Back to the Future, films by Mel Brooks and the Ernest movies

Favorite Songs: Anime OST's (Initial D, Hayate, Nanoha)

Favorite TV Series: Monk,Law&Order, CSI, House, Adventures of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett

Favorite Books/Stories: halo books, 007 books, Sherlock Holmes novels and short stories

Favorite VA: Kugimiya Rie
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

JDS wrote: Name: JD_SUCKS
Future Career: Jd-'s maid
Jd- Fan Since: umm.. I think it was 2008 :o

Favorite Jd- toy: That pink plushie of him

Other Favorite Anime/Manga: Gundam SEED/Destiny, Hunter X Hunter, Hajime no Ippo, Hikaru no Go, Itazura na Kiss, anything with lolis in it

Too lazy to watch "normal" movies

Too many of them

Favorite TV Series:
Too lazy to watch "normal" series's

Favorite Books/Stories:
Too lazy to read anything
JDS loves lolis, yet, too, loves Jd-... What this says about Jd- is anybody's guess.
Spoiler:
Yes, JDS is a now-old friend and leecher, as well as IRC terrorist. It's OK to bash him. :-*
Heiji-lover7

Post by Heiji-lover7 »

Name: Heiji-lover7, I'm not saying my real name.
Future Career: I want to be a professional dancer. :3
Conan Fan Since: 2009

Favorite Conan Movie: Movie 7 (Crossroad in the Ancient Capital)
Favorite Conan Case: 323 and 324 or anything with Heiji in it. ;D
Favorite Conan Opening Theme: Kimi To Yakusoku Shita Yasashii Ano Basho Made (U-ka Saegusa in dB)
Favorite Conan Ending Theme: Secret Of My Heart (Mai Kuraki)
Favorite Conan Movie Theme: Everlasting (B'z) and Time After Time -Hana Mau Machi de- (Mai Kuraki)

Other Favorite Anime/Manga: Reborn!, Fruits Basket, Saint Tail, K-ON!, My Neighbor Totoro, Angelic Layer, Tegami Bachi, Hanasakeru Seishounen, Miracle Girls, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, Hamtaro, Hello Kitty and Friends, etc.

Favorite Movies: Studio Ghibli films, Star Wars episode 1, 2, and 3 (hate the 3 new movies), Lord of The Rings trilogy, Pixar movies, um... kinda drawing blank right now.

Favorite Songs: J-rock, J-pop, rock, rock/pop, classical, acid jazz, dance, anime OST's, anime music.

Favorite TV Series: Charlies Angels, Mystery Science Theater 3000, The Office, Inspector Gadget, and lots of other cartoons.

Favorite Books/Stories: The Lord of The Rings trilogy, The Chronicles of Narnia trilogy, Nancy Drew mystery series, The Secret Garden, A Wrinkle in Time.
Last edited by Heiji-lover7 on February 6th, 2010, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I started detective conan back up again. It's great to be back. C:
Highhopes

Post by Highhopes »

Name: Ryan
Conan Fan Since: Not really sure, mostly recently, but I watched Case Closed whenever that was on Adult Swim

Favorite Conan.....: I honestly dont know, lol, I just love them all (well most not really picky)

Other Favorite Anime/Manga: Code Geass, TTGL, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop
Although to be fair, I havent watched many, :p

Also, dont know my favorites really lol
NotSoFluent
"Eso compa esta muerto, no más no le han avisado."

Post by NotSoFluent »

Name: Elyssa
Future Career: Lawyer, Professor, Writer
Conan Fan Since: 2004

Favorite Conan Movie: Movie 4 - Captured in Her Eyes
Favorite Conan Case: Most of the Metropolitan Police cases, Halloween Party Confrontation (vol. #42), Moonlight Sonata (vol. #7), Karaoke Case (vol. #5)
Favorite Conan Opening Theme: "Koi wa Thrill, Shock, Suspense" (Rina Aiuchi), though "Everlasting Luv" (BREAKERZ) cuts it close.
Favorite Conan Ending Theme: "Negai Koto Hitotsu Dake" (Miho Komatsu)
Favorite Conan Movie Theme: "Happy Birthday" (Kyoko)
Other Favorite Anime/Manga: Lupin III, some old-school Takahashi.  Not really into anime/manga all that much.

Favorite Movies: Silence of the Lambs, Moonstruck, The Godfather I and II, Total Recall, 84 Charing Cross Road, Batman Begins, Uncle Buck, The Iron Giant, Heavy Traffic, Ratatouille, Groundhog Day, Forrest Gump, The Shining, Unbreakable, The Sixth Sense, Toy Story, American Pop.

Favorite Music:
Can't name individual songs...but most funk, rock, and even some pop music, mostly from the 70s and 80s permeates my tastes, maybe some contemporary.  Elvis Costello, Michael Jackson, Billy Joel, Dire Straits, Squeeze, Elton John, AC/DC, Nirvana,  The Mamas and the Papas, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Lady Gaga, Matchbox Twenty, Michael Bublé.

Favorite TV Series:  Seinfeld, Unsolved Mysteries, Most Evil, Forensic Files, The Shift, The Bureau, The Three Stooges, NCIS, The Big Bang Theory, Looney Tunes, The Marvelous Adventures of Flapjack, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Inspector Gadget, Hey Arnold!, Duck Tales, DCAU cartoons.

Favorite Books/Stories:
The Nero Wolfe series (Rex Stout), It, Misery, The Shining (Stephen King), Intensity (Dean Koontz, I plan to read more of him), Deadlock (Sara Paretsky), the Father Brown Series, What's Wrong with the World?, Orthodoxy (G. K. Chesterton), The Screwtape Letters, Mere Christianity, Narnia series (C.S. Lewis), the Blackford Oakes series (William F. Buckley), a lot of history books.
Last edited by NotSoFluent on February 5th, 2010, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dilbertschalter

Post by dilbertschalter »

Name: Jonathan
Future Career: Unsure
Conan Fan Since: 2004

Favorite Conan Movie: Movie 5
Favorite Conan Case: 188-193 (by far)
Other Favorite Anime/Manga: Haven't watched much other than Conan in the past few years, Death Note is pretty good.

Favorite Movies: Crash, The French Connection, Godfather 1&2, Most of the Rathbone/Bruce Holmes movies, Around the World in 80 Days (1950s version).

Favorite Songs: Don't  have any particular genre or artist; I'll listen to whatever is on.

Favorite TV Series: Do the NFL and MLB count as TV shows? I watch lots of documentaries on historical type channels, but those aren't series really. Also watch CSI plenty, though it's gotten a lot worse.
Favorite Books/Stories: Lord of the Rings. Never matched, never surpassed (for me that is). Other favorites are Madame Bovary, Crime and Punishment and any boring historical book pretty much.

I've been following Conan for years now, started following KF after I heard about the dispute between it and KnKF. Always wished there were forums, but was too busy to contribute that much by the time they rolled around (junior and senior years of HS). Now in college and have loads more downtime.
Detective Movies Contest 2013: Information Thread  Current Faceoff

"The energies of our system will decay; the glory of the sun will be dimmed, and the earth, tideless and inert, will no longer tolerate the race which has for a moment disturbed its solitude. Man will go down into the pit, and all his thoughts will perish. The uneasy consciousness, which in this obscure corner has for a brief space broken the contented silence of the universe, will be at rest. Matter will know itself no longer. 'Imperishable monuments' and 'immortal deeds,' death itself, and love stronger than death, will be as though they had never been."
The Mask
Part-time teacher, full-time dreamer

Post by The Mask »

Name: The Mask
Sex: Male
Future Career: High School Teacher, College Professor, Human Resources Manager, or wherever life takes me
Conan Fan Since: 2001

Favorite Conan Movie: Haven't watched any DC movie
Favorite Conan Case: The Return (Vol. 63)
Favorite Conan Opening Theme: Everlasting Luv (Breakerz)
Favorite Conan Ending Theme: Step by Step (Ziggy)
Favorite Conan Movie Theme: None

Other Favorite Anime/Manga: Rurouni Kenshin, MAJOR, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop

Favorite Songs:
Smooth Criminal (Michael Jackson), In My Life (Beatles), HIStory (Michael Jackson), Constant Change (Jose Mari Chan), Afraid for Love to Fade (Jose Mari Chan), Speechless (Michael Jackson), Strawberry Fields Forever (Beatles), Yesterday (Beatles)
"Every man’s heart, one day, beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized."

- Ultimate Warrior (1959-2014)
conanfan1
Whoever spreads rumors is someone who has no life

Post by conanfan1 »

ok since alot of ppl did it i should too :D

Name: Conanfan1 (srry but ppl my real name is something i am not willing to part with :)  )

Conan fan since: since i was six actually i used to watch it on tv but never understood it becuz it was in arabic BUT then i got into anime and found out it was one too and became an official fan in 2008

Living currently in: Saudia Arabia (but my nationality is not saudi)

Future Career: really have no idea .... i am just too scared  abt my IGCSE's to even think abt the future :D

Fav Conan movie : hmmm movie 3,8,and 10 (basically cuz they all have kaito kid in them)

Fav conan case : the one in which heiji finds out conans identity (and of course all kaito kid ones )

well then i am in a hurry so i cant type for much longer

basically i love all books and am planning to read sherlock holmes if i get anytime
my favorite book would have been Eragon by Christopher Paoloni
and The Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix
and of course
the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz

but lyk i said i lyk different books so u may  want to include the Da Vinci code in the list

k gtg i will post the remaining info later
:D
acerola21

Post by acerola21 »

Hi!  Completely new member here. :)

Name: Lucy
Future Career: Hopefully some kind of molecular biology researcher
Conan Fan Since: 1995ish - lol I watched it in Japan, when it came out (is a Chinese who moved to Japan at age of 4 and came to the US at age of 12)

Favorite Conan Movie: The first one - the Time-Bombed Skyscraper
Favorite Conan Case: Good question - I have no idea.  I think I prefer the ones where no one dies . . . ^^;
Favorite Opening Theme: No idea - I don't pay much attention anymore, ha ha.
Favorite Ending Theme: Always by Kurasaki Mai
Favorite Movie Theme: Time-Bombed Skyscraper theme, which is Kimi ga Ireba by Ioli

Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Hikaru no Go, Billy Bat, Adventure Boys, Sailor Moon (YEAH strong female characters with powerless male characters) - those are the ones I can think of off of the top of my head

Favorite Movies:
Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Sound of Music, any Miyazaki films, Roman Holiday . . . can't think of others right now

Favorite Songs:
I love soundtracks!  The Hunchback of Notre Dame OST, Schindler's List OST, The Notebook OST - I also love the Carpenters, as well as A Fine Frenzy and In the Deep by Bird York.  Oh!  Henry Mancini's Lujon is phenomenal.  Lol can you tell that I prefer instrumental songs?

Favorite TV series:
I don't watch much dramas, lol, but I do love House.

Fave books:
Just read The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes - loved/was sad at the ending, kinda sad that Doyle gave in to popular demand and raised Sherlock from the dead, though I'll have to see how that goes to really judge.
Otherwise, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Waterland - lol I don't read much.  These are books I read for a class.
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

welcome to the forums, pretty interesting regarding your movement from (China/Taiwan I presume?) to Japan and to the US, pretty diverse :P
Ever experience any culture shock or some interesting tales?