Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
Nix
<3

Re: Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

Post by Nix »

Perhaps a clue to what should fill the stars? Letters, numbers, symbols...?
3DS FC: 0688-5509-6235
Togop

Post by Togop »

They are all small latin letters. Also, there are two different correct answers.

EDIT: There are two possible answers, not four.
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Togop wrote:I was hoping to start with an interesting original riddle of mine, but the ones I have are too long and are designed to be solved by asking additional questions, so are not very appropriate to post here.
I posted ones where you had to ask questions before...
vowels or consonants?
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Togop

Post by Togop »

Well, I am not going to answer the vowels or consonants question. If and when you want further hints, I'll start revealing stars. This puzzle isn't designed for yes/no questions.
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

:o That means both then...
Then the question remains if these stars stand for multiple letters or one.
If there is more than one letter involved that already makes the riddle much more complicated. (if not impossible)
But seeing you'll reveal stars that means every star stands for a different letter, am I right? Maybe if I knew what the word was related to this would be much easier.

Yes, I'll need a clue. With what we have now it's almost impossible to solve.
I don't like you revealing letters though, maybe you should give hints about the meaning of the word instead?
Spoiler: what I have now
i * s * g * s * k *
First * = could be vowel but would make sense as a consonant too.
Sevond * = probably a vowel.
Third * = probably a vowel.
Fourth * = probably a vowel.
Fifth * = probably a vowel too.
Considering you'll reveal stars as clues none are probably the same.
Vowels= a i u e o (ka ki ku ke ko, sa shi su se so... wait... *kicks out syllables*)
Consonants= b c d f g h j k l m n p q r s t v w x y z
Iasegisoku.... probably makes no sense...?
Is it an English word or a Japanese one? That could be a great hint.
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
Togop

Post by Togop »

Each star stands for exactly one letter. I still think revealing a star would be a good hint, but if you don't want, then...
Spoiler:
It's not a word.
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

Togop wrote:
Spoiler:
It's not a word.
o_0
Spoiler:
If it's no a word then what is it..? Just give us something to work with...
Togop

Post by Togop »

I can't really do that without saying too much. What I can say is the following (fairly self-explanatory, contains minor hints):
Spoiler:
They are letters that make sense to be the way they are if interpreted correctly. I already told you that they should not be interpreted as worda, but if I tell you how to interpret it, it would be way too easy. This is why revealing stars as a hint makes snese to me.
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

ok... you lost me XD
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Post by miyano_shiho »

Maybe you should reveal a star, then. :) *I can't see any patterns yet :V*

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
Raifuujin
What should I do next....

Post by Raifuujin »

Wait, before you do, I'll just put what I think you want us to get at (what you feel would make it 'way too easy'). Feel free to tell me if I'm completely wrong. :V
Spoiler: Thought
If it's not a word, do the answer might be like 'i o u' becoming 'I owe you' and certain letters together like 'e' and 'z' becoming easy.
1412 Phenomenon: When rational people begin acting like mischievous phantom thieves/magicians

3DS FC: 1504 6005 4982
     ___
    l     l
 __l::::l_
/\ (O_^)       Kaitou Approved
Togop

Post by Togop »

Here's a revealed star...
Spoiler:
i * s * g r s * k *
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

Spoiler:
i n s y/s g r s h k j

Japanese numbers :)
I wasn't going anywhere when I was trying to look for a pattern... then I counted the characters :V

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
Togop

Post by Togop »

miyano_shiho wrote:
Spoiler:
i n s y/s g r s h k j

Japanese numbers :)
I wasn't going anywhere when I was trying to look for a pattern... then I counted the characters :V
Yeps... :) Your turn to give a riddle...
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

I'll have to pass this one because I'll be busy in the next days. If anyone has a riddle, they may continue. :)