Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
MDavid

Re: Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

Post by MDavid »

Jecka wrote:Ok tried to redownload it once more and it's working :D
(I also got the pictures to work) :3

edit: thanks MDavid, it was fun :D
Yay! I started making a forum version but it seems the number of spoiler boxes is limited to 5.

There will be more of this! But who is next? Ringo was the first one to solve it.
Last edited by MDavid on May 26th, 2013, 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Post by miyano_shiho »

Cool one! :D

... And Level 5 XD

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
Ringo
Biblioriptos, Resident Sniffer

Post by Ringo »

I can't think of a riddle. Sorry, guys! XD Can someone please take the job from me? Please?
Our achievements should not see the light of day; but our failures will become widely known.
Nix
<3

Post by Nix »

Can I?

Okay, I saw this online, so I'll source it once it's solved :)

In a far away land, it was known that if you drank poison, the only way to save yourself is to drink a stronger poison, which neutralizes the weaker poison. The king that ruled the land wanted to make sure that he possessed the strongest poison in the kingdom, in order to ensure his survival, in any situation. So the king called the kingdom's pharmacist and the kingdom's treasurer, he gave each a week to make the strongest poison. Then, each would drink the other one's poison, then his own, and the one that will survive, will be the one that had the stronger poison.

The pharmacist went straight to work, but the treasurer knew he had no chance, for the pharmacist was much more experienced in this field, so instead, he made up a plan to survive and make sure the pharmacist dies. On the last day the pharmacist suddenly realized that the treasurer would know he had no chance, so he must have a plan. After a little thought, the pharmacist realized what the treasurer's plan must be, and he concocted a counter plan, to make sure he survives and the treasurer dies. When the time came, the king summoned both of them. They drank the poisons as planned, and the treasurer died, the pharmacist survived, and the king didn't get what he wanted.
What exactly happened there?
3DS FC: 0688-5509-6235
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

Spoiler:
I think the treasurer's plan was to drink a weak poison before the test, so when he drinks the pharmacist's strong poison it neutralizes it. Also, bringing water or something non poisonous as his own poison. So it will not affect himself. But the pharmacist will drink his own strong poison after not a weaker poison but water, poisoning himself by doing so.

The pharmacist figured it out and made the weakest lethal poison possible and a little bit stronger one too. The treasurer drank the second weakest poison so it did not neutralize the one he drank before the test and he died. The pharmacist drank the weakest possible poison before the test. Then he drank the treasurer's water then the second weakest poison and he lived.

The king got a pretty weak poison as result.
Edit: Okay so I checked the answer and there is a better solution than mine so go on! :)
Nix
<3

Post by Nix »

MDavid wrote:
Spoiler:
I think the treasurer's plan was to drink a weak poison before the test, so when he drinks the pharmacist's strong poison it neutralizes it. Also, bringing water or something non poisonous as his own poison. So it will not affect himself. But the pharmacist will drink his own strong poison after not a weaker poison but water, poisoning himself by doing so.

The pharmacist figured it out and made the weakest lethal poison possible and a little bit stronger one too. The treasurer drank the second weakest poison so it did not neutralize the one he drank before the test and he died. The pharmacist drank the weakest possible poison before the test. Then he drank the treasurer's water then the second weakest poison and he lived.

Edit: Okay so I checked the answer and there is a better solution than mine so go on! :)
Spoiler:
Yep, there is a simpler solution but your answer makes sense as well :)
Continue people ;D
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

Nix wrote:
MDavid wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yep, there is a simpler solution but your answer makes sense as well :)
Continue people ;D
Then, each would drink the other one's poison, then his own, and the one that will survive, will be the one that had the stronger poison.

as this is the case, I wish to point out if you have water and the other poison both get poisoned, now if one could fake the drinking of the others poison, it then becomes possible to avoid the poison all together One thought If the treasurer knew exactly which poison the pharmacist would use he could as his "poison" the antidote for that one. Because unless ones antidote is the others poison then the one who drinks the pison and then the antidote lives. If the others poison is not the antidote to the poison antidote (in effect poisoned twice)they die. One or both could cheat by taking the poison first to try and build up a resistance to it.
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

sstimson wrote: Then, each would drink the other one's poison, then his own, and the one that will survive, will be the one that had the stronger poison.

as this is the case, I wish to point out if you have water and the other poison both get poisoned, now if one could fake the drinking of the others poison, it then becomes possible to avoid the poison all together One thought If the treasurer knew exactly which poison the pharmacist would use he could as his "poison" the antidote for that one. Because unless ones antidote is the others poison then the one who drinks the pison and then the antidote lives. If the others poison is not the antidote to the poison antidote (in effect poisoned twice)they die. One or both could cheat by taking the poison first to try and build up a resistance to it.
You are thinking outside of the riddle's rules. :)
Ringo
Biblioriptos, Resident Sniffer

Post by Ringo »

Gee, I found the answer on the internet, so I cannot answer this anymore. ): MDavid's answer is quite close. Nice!
Our achievements should not see the light of day; but our failures will become widely known.
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

I am going to give an example of my answer:

pharmacist Poison - Cyanide
treasurer 'Poison' - B12 or Hydroxocobalamin

Treasurer drinks the Cyanide and then the antidote -B12 (note the antidote to Cyanide) and lives
Pharmacist drinks the b12 (note not a poison) and then his poison Cyanide, I pretty sure that would kill him.

quote from above link

Pharmaceutically, hydroxycobalamin is usually produced as a sterile injectable solution and is used for treatment of the vitamin deficiency, and also (because of its affinity for cyanide ion) as a treatment for cyanide poisoning.

one more (FUNNY) example
Pharmacist 'Poison' is Vitamin A. (Too much Vitamin A is Toxic)( Also note normally Vitamin A is not a poison)
Treasurer 'Poison' is Vitamin E. (Too much Vitimin E is Toxic)( Also note normally Vitamin E is not a poison)
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
Nix
<3

Post by Nix »

Answers tomorrow. If no one else gets it by then, MDavid can continue ;D
Togop

Post by Togop »

Hi all, I just registered onthe forum. Thanks to DCTP for all their translations.

On topic
Spoiler:
The treasurer drank a weak poison beforehand, and then they both brought water...
Nix
<3

Post by Nix »

Togop wrote:Hi all, I just registered onthe forum. Thanks to DCTP for all their translations.

On topic
Spoiler:
The treasurer drank a weak poison beforehand, and then they both brought water...
Welcome to the forums :D \o/
Spoiler: crammed in one because for some reason two doesn't work :V
To Togop: Your answer is right \o/ and I hope you didn't copy off online :x
If your answer is original, you may now post a riddle for others to solve \o/ ;D

THE OFFICIAL SOLUTION :P
The treasurer drank a weak poison beforehand, so when he drank the pharmacist's strong poison, which will neutralise the weak poison, and planned to bring water as his poison. The pharmacist realised this, and decided to bring water as his poison as well. So when the time came, the treasurer drank the pharmacist's water which did not neutralise the poison he took beforehand, and his own poison was water, which didn't save him. The pharmacist drank the treasurer's water, then his own water, therefore wasn't poisoned. The king got water as a poison in the end.
Iwamoto Yuri
SPARKLES

Post by Iwamoto Yuri »

aww, I missed it :/
any new riddles then?
3DS Friend Code: 1564-5101-4615
Yuri gets advice from little fairies, and is thereby not held responsible for any stupid action
pixiv | etsy | livestream
The Doctor wrote:There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.
The Doctor wrote:Remember: Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise.
Togop

Post by Togop »

I was hoping to start with an interesting original riddle of mine, but the ones I have are too long and are designed to be solved by asking additional questions, so are not very appropriate to post here. So now I'll post one I've seen elsewhere (somewhat modified by me), and I hope I'll have a better one prepared for next time.

Fill in the stars: i * s * g * s * k *