Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Re: Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

Post by sstimson »

sstimson wrote:

Still the doubt is there. Always possible someone dreamed up the whole thing. Now it is time to open Say please? with a cherry on top. by the way, could the "writer" be confused and mistake the middle east for England? The 40 thieves takes place in the middle east. Could the "writer" have had England on the brain when they wrote their story?
The bolded area was a pun on Open Sesame

To clear something up

This line
. The group who found it said that they'd followed a map made by an unnamed Japanese who had visited England.
And this question
It is suggested it was found in England but it does not say it was found in England only that the group visited England.
you did say this
And yes, it was found in England.
So we know it is a fictional cave in England. And yes I want to you to say it clear, So I ask this question for that purpose.

Was the Map, Palotiana, or the "The writings that said of it's power of the Palotiana" found in your English fictional cave?

If I may ask (this part may not matter), if the above is the GEM, then could you please tell about the details of the map and the Writing discovery?
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
Raifuujin
What should I do next....

Post by Raifuujin »

Spoiler: Palotiana background info, for those who feel it's needed
The writings were discovered hidden somewhere (I don't feel like coming up with a specific place just now, so assume it doesn't matter) by the Japanese, who used them to find the cave. He made a map based on his journey, but left the gem where it was. For a time reference, assume that the  writings were lost soon after he finished his journey, but the map survived and was found by the group They used it to get to the cave to retrieve Palotiana.

But just to say, none of this is really needed for the riddle. V:
1412 Phenomenon: When rational people begin acting like mischievous phantom thieves/magicians

3DS FC: 1504 6005 4982
     ___
    l     l
 __l::::l_
/\ (O_^)       Kaitou Approved
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Post by miyano_shiho »

[me=Miyano]visits the thread again :V[/me]

...I'm guessing that Japanese somehow became immortal. :x

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

Unknown (Never planned anything else for that person) V:
1412 Phenomenon: When rational people begin acting like mischievous phantom thieves/magicians

___
    l     l
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Post by miyano_shiho »

Rai says that numbers are involved :OOO (I'm just saying it here since she doesn't want to post it :V and I think it would be unfair for the others :P)

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

Numbers bolded

Ok, I think I got one. Not sure how good it is but....*shrugs*

Kid was doing some research on which gem he would steal for his next heist. Besides the general 'Big Jewel' criteria, he was looking for ones with something mystical or out of the ordinary. The three he found that seemed promising was a diamond brooch, Oracle's Heart; a ruby set into a headpiece called Crimson Rain; and an emerald in the hilt of a sword, Palotiana.

The Oracle'e Heart was discovered in Greece and articles say that it enabled its discoverer, Ulrich Solomon, to see the future. However, was never reported having empowered anyone else in the same way. But there was another story about a diamond with similar powers that was stolen from a rich family in Russia about a century later. The family never reported it to the authorities, so whether they are the same or not is unknown.

Crimson Rain was used in ceremonial gatherings of the tribes in Africa to hold what would today be seances. Stories tell that even warring tribes would gather when called, because any spirits who were called that were not represented by a tribe would curse that tribe. The legend was passed down by spoken word, so no one knows where it first came from. (He just won't tell anyo-*shot*)

The last, Palotiana, is said to heal the wounds of any warrior who wields it. The writings that said of it's power were lost to a fire about five years after they had been discovered. The only thing that survived said that it had been found in a cave. The group who found it said that they'd followed a map made by an unnamed Japanese who had visited England. The cave was labeled 'Ah Be Baba' on the map, but is found in no other books. It is thought to be a play on Ali Baba.

After ten minutes of thought, Kaito smiled and quickly ran off to make a heist notice. Which jewel did he choose and why?

Note: There might be multiple reasons, since this is an original riddle, but I made it with one in particular in mind. Maybe Kaito will go after the others later, but there is one he chose to prioritize. :V
or one, one, three, five, ten, one, one

Also while looking at swords in caves found an interesting story called "THE SULTAN'S SWORD AND THE CAVE OF THE MACHPELAH"

One last note the other two gems fail the not seeing the light of day and thus it is likely they have had moonlight shine on them. The last one being in a cave is unlikely for that to happen unless the cave opening is at the top of a cave and the gem directly below it.
Last edited by sstimson on February 4th, 2013, 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

Spoiler:
The numbers have to do with 'Ah Be Baba' only. I didn't think that hard on the riddle to put the numbers in the whole thing. V:

And if it seems like the hints are getting more helpful than before, I might be as tired of it going so long as some of the others. This was not meant to be super difficult, especially when the correct gem was found out quickly. :P

___
    l     l
Nix
<3

Post by Nix »

Raifuujin wrote:
Spoiler:
The numbers have to do with 'Ah Be Baba' only. I didn't think that hard on the riddle to put the numbers in the whole thing. V:

And if it seems like the hints are getting more helpful than before, I might be as tired of it going so long as some of the others. This was not meant to be super difficult, especially when the correct gem was found out quickly. :P
Yes, definitely. If this was meant to be extremely obvious, well then, I'll just say I feel like an idiot ;D
Spoiler: just a comment
Ah Be Baba = The syllables are 1, 1, 2. It's actually... 1412 :o :V
3DS FC: 0688-5509-6235
Kamite
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

Post by Kamite »

Nix wrote:
Raifuujin wrote:
Spoiler:

Yes, definitely. If this was meant to be extremely obvious, well then, I'll just say I feel like an idiot ;D
Spoiler:
where you get the four from? :/
Nix
<3

Post by Nix »

Kamite wrote:
Nix wrote:
Raifuujin wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
where you get the four from? :/
Spoiler:
I'm really not serious but:
Converting letters to numbers: 18 25 2121
Adding them up: 22
Adding the digits: 4

;D
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

As awesome as that would be, it's not the answer.

___
    l     l
Nix
<3

Post by Nix »

Spoiler: just ridiculous guesses that don't matter
You didn't go as far as Hiragana, I hope.
ã
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

Spoiler:
I would never be able to come up with something involving Hiragana. Or most other similar written languages like it, for that matter. V:

The Ah Be Baba was intentional.

And Ali Baba was just what others thought the name was based on, because it sounds kinda similar. Never said that was the real reason for the name. ::) :P
Last edited by Raifuujin on February 4th, 2013, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

___
    l     l
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

Ah Be Baba

18 25 2121

R    Y   U  U

Dragon

[img width=640]http://stuffpoint.com/dragons/image/120 ... dragon.jpg[/img]
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

Spoiler:
Yes! \o/

___
    l     l