Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
Aokochan

Re: Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

Post by Aokochan »

Spoiler:
Palotina, because the Japanese could be Snake, since he visited England and that's why his name is in English?
Ok, this guess is so random, I mean he could know English without going to England  :-X
Spoiler:
Palotina, because Ali Baba defeated 100 thiefs, and the organization killed KID EDIT:I mean 40, that's what happens when I type when it's 12pm :-X
Last edited by Aokochan on January 19th, 2013, 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: Awesome drawing by sonotacular sonoci

Spoiler: cinnamoroll's christmas present <3333
ImageImage
Spoiler: what Akai and Sera have in common...
Image             Image
Raifuujin
What should I do next....

Post by Raifuujin »

No to all of the reasons
1412 Phenomenon: When rational people begin acting like mischievous phantom thieves/magicians

3DS FC: 1504 6005 4982
     ___
    l     l
 __l::::l_
/\ (O_^)       Kaitou Approved
Aokochan

Post by Aokochan »

Any hint? *_*
Spoiler:
Palotiana, because the organization might have burned the documents in order to erase evidence
Spoiler: Awesome drawing by sonotacular sonoci

Spoiler: cinnamoroll's christmas present <3333
ImageImage
Spoiler: what Akai and Sera have in common...
Image             Image
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

Spoiler:
No. For a hint, most of what I put into the story for the chosen gem is relevant, not just a specific part.
1412 Phenomenon: When rational people begin acting like mischievous phantom thieves/magicians

___
    l     l
Nix
<3

Post by Nix »

To keep things on track, the original details:
The last, Palotiana, is said to heal the wounds of any warrior who wields it. The writings that said of it's power were lost to a fire about five years after they had been discovered. The only thing that survived said that it had been found in a cave. The group who found it said that they'd followed a map made by an unnamed Japanese who had visited England. The cave was labeled 'Ah Be Baba' on the map, but is found in no other books. It is thought to be a play on Ali Baba.
Rai's unhelpful hints:
Note: There might be multiple reasons, since this is an original riddle, but I made it with one in particular in mind. Maybe Kaito will go after the others later, but there is one he chose to prioritize. :V
I guess my hint would be: The details for one tell why he found it appealing, certain details for the other two were placed to dissuade him from choosing them. So finding the right one is more by elimination of the other two, and its story goes into finding why it is special. ....Tell if that doesn't make any sense, because I'm not the best at explaining things.
Names found in the background stories are important, though. Barring 'no one', since I just randomly thought to include that as a small joke
For a hint, most of what I put into the story for the chosen gem is relevant, not just a specific part.

Darn you, Rai.
Last edited by Nix on January 19th, 2013, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DS FC: 0688-5509-6235
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

I said I woudn't know what to give as hints as soon as Miyano asked for some, so don't blame me for being right. At least you have the jewel. :P

___
    l     l
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

Spoiler:
Ok, I think I got one. Not sure how good it is but....*shrugs*

Kid was doing some research on which gem he would steal for his next heist. Besides the general 'Big Jewel' criteria, he was looking for ones with something mystical or out of the ordinary. The three he found that seemed promising was a diamond brooch, Oracle's Heart; a ruby set into a headpiece called Crimson Rain; and an emerald in the hilt of a sword, Palotiana.

The Oracle'e Heart was discovered in Greece and articles say that it enabled its discoverer, Ulrich Solomon, to see the future. However, was never reported having empowered anyone else in the same way. But there was another story about a diamond with similar powers that was stolen from a rich family in Russia about a century later. The family never reported it to the authorities, so whether they are the same or not is unknown.

Crimson Rain was used in ceremonial gatherings of the tribes in Africa to hold what would today be seances. Stories tell that even warring tribes would gather when called, because any spirits who were called that were not represented by a tribe would curse that tribe. The legend was passed down by spoken word, so no one knows where it first came from. (He just won't tell anyo-*shot*)

The last, Palotiana, is said to heal the wounds of any warrior who wields it. The writings that said of it's power were lost to a fire about five years after they had been discovered. The only thing that survived said that it had been found in a cave. The group who found it said that they'd followed a map made by an unnamed Japanese who had visited England. The cave was labeled 'Ah Be Baba' on the map, but is found in no other books. It is thought to be a play on Ali Baba.

After ten minutes of thought, Kaito smiled and quickly ran off to make a heist notice. Which jewel did he choose and why?

Note: There might be multiple reasons, since this is an original riddle, but I made it with one in particular in mind. Maybe Kaito will go after the others later, but there is one he chose to prioritize. :V
Ok I know this one is not right

but

If I were KID I would choose
Crimson Rain was used in ceremonial gatherings of the tribes in Africa to hold what would today be seances. Stories tell that even warring tribes would gather when called, because any spirits who were called that were not represented by a tribe would curse that tribe. The legend was passed down by spoken word, so no one knows where it first came from. (He just won't tell anyo-*shot*)
and here why. He looking for Pandora Gem. From DC Wiki , Pandora is
Pandora Gem is: a jewel hidden within a larger jewel that can be identified because it glows red under the moonlight and will, at the time of a comet, "cry tears of immortality
Crimson is a dark red color (1). It can rain tears and both are water. Crimson also suggest blood and the opposite of what the gem is suppose to do. Ruby is Red and it is easy to hide red with red. If the Gem was hidden in any other color then that gem if Pandora was in it would show up on moon lighted nights. As so far it has not suggest the top gem would be red to hide the red glow.
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

Names of gems are just given by the the people who appraise/find them, so why would it being called Crimson Rain make it more likely to be Pandora than, say, Red Tear? In fact, if given the choice between the two (and ignoring the fact he already knew about Red Tear after he remembered Toichi telling him about it), I think he'd pick Red Tear, because it had a name that sounds like Pandora's legend, but with a blue gem. He could guess that it was named as it was for the fact it was red, as well as the fact it was used with the dead.

And actually, I should have included something in the story that I had considered adding.....but I thought it'd be getting to close to what I was basing it off of, and it's a bit late to change it now..... Though, it would have been a clue against Crimson Rain as the jeweln. :V ...Now I'm thinking I'll write a whole heist fic with this as the beginning one day... I really should have done something simple....

___
    l     l
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

What I meant in my previous post is:

Japanese + visited England + treasure map + pun = Professor Agasa

:)
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

Ahh. :V

Well, I was only thinking in the MK universe, so if the story seems at all DC related, it wasn't meant to. V:

And before others start guessing characters, the Japanese was just a random generic person. No characters other than Kaito were used for this riddle.

___
    l     l
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

Was Palotiana found in England?
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

It was.

___
    l     l
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

Name               Oracle's Heart               Crimson Rain               Palotiana

Material diamond ruby emerald

Object brooch headpiece sword

Location Greece, Russia?, stolen? Africa England, cave, map

Info source articles spoken word writings, lost to fire

Discoverer Ulrich Solomon unknown unnamed Japanese, group

Power see future spiritual, curses heal wounds

Used by unknown tribes any warrior

I tried to find something out of the ordinary like this. I can only hope every important detail is in here.
The details for one tell why he found it appealing, certain details for the other two were placed to dissuade him from choosing them.
Last edited by MDavid on January 20th, 2013, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

I never said Palotiana was used by Ali Baba :V

___
    l     l