Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
Raifuujin
What should I do next....

Re: Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

Post by Raifuujin »

It's obviously that horror serial killer from Friday the 13th. ::)
Spoiler:
Don't make them too easy! D:

Months of the year.
J, F, M, A, M, J, J, A, S, O, N, D
1412 Phenomenon: When rational people begin acting like mischievous phantom thieves/magicians

3DS FC: 1504 6005 4982
     ___
    l     l
 __l::::l_
/\ (O_^)       Kaitou Approved
Nix
<3

Post by Nix »

Raifuujin wrote: It's obviously that horror serial killer from Friday the 13th. ::)
Spoiler:

Months of the year.
J, F, M, A, M, J, J, A, S, O, N, D
Your turn ;)
3DS FC: 0688-5509-6235
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

I think I'm supposed to wait for Jecka to confirm. And I  need some time to come up with one, anyway :x
1412 Phenomenon: When rational people begin acting like mischievous phantom thieves/magicians

___
    l     l
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Post by miyano_shiho »

Raifuujin wrote:
Spoiler:
^
:-X

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

miyano_shiho wrote:
Raifuujin wrote:
Spoiler:
^
:-X
Sorry I couldn't think of anything else :-X
Spoiler:
besides, I was the only one in my class to answer it when we were shown it :-X
Go ahead.
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

Ok, I think I got one. Not sure how good it is but....*shrugs*

Kid was doing some research on which gem he would steal for his next heist. Besides the general 'Big Jewel' criteria, he was looking for ones with something mystical or out of the ordinary. The three he found that seemed promising was a diamond brooch, Oracle's Heart; a ruby set into a headpiece called Crimson Rain; and an emerald in the hilt of a sword, Palotiana.

The Oracle'e Heart was discovered in Greece and articles say that it enabled its discoverer, Ulrich Solomon, to see the future. However, was never reported having empowered anyone else in the same way. But there was another story about a diamond with similar powers that was stolen from a rich family in Russia about a century later. The family never reported it to the authorities, so whether they are the same or not is unknown.

Crimson Rain was used in ceremonial gatherings of the tribes in Africa to hold what would today be seances. Stories tell that even warring tribes would gather when called, because any spirits who were called that were not represented by a tribe would curse that tribe. The legend was passed down by spoken word, so no one knows where it first came from. (He just won't tell anyo-*shot*)

The last, Palotiana, is said to heal the wounds of any warrior who wields it. The writings that said of it's power were lost to a fire about five years after they had been discovered. The only thing that survived said that it had been found in a cave. The group who found it said that they'd followed a map made by an unnamed Japanese who had visited England. The cave was labeled 'Ah Be Baba' on the map, but is found in no other books. It is thought to be a play on Ali Baba.

After ten minutes of thought, Kaito smiled and quickly ran off to make a heist notice. Which jewel did he choose and why?

Note: There might be multiple reasons, since this is an original riddle, but I made it with one in particular in mind. Maybe Kaito will go after the others later, but there is one he chose to prioritize. :V
Last edited by Raifuujin on January 18th, 2013, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

___
    l     l
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Post by miyano_shiho »

Hint? :x

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

I'm not entirely sure what I would give as a hint, though..... Maybe, if there are no ideas for a week, I'll say which one he chose and you guys have to figure out why. :V

___
    l     l
aly_angelflight
Get that squirrel!

Post by aly_angelflight »

Spoiler:
Oracle's Heart, because KID suspects someone found Pandora, which is a gem inside of a gem, and separated the two into the Oracle's Heart and the supposedly similar diamond.
If it's not that, you left out the part of the riddle that would cause us to figure out which one it really is. :P
"I suppose he could have changed. I myself have noticed my growing resemblance to a daffodil.”
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9258-9521
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

aly_angelflight wrote:
Spoiler:
Oracle's Heart, because KID suspects someone found Pandora, which is a gem inside of a gem, and separated the two into the Oracle's Heart and the supposedly similar diamond.
If it's not that, you left out the part of the riddle that would cause us to figure out which one it really is. :P
Spoiler:
Nope. It just might or might not be the same diamond. The legends aren't from the same time period ....*goes back to change the wording, in case it might be misleading* :V
I did try to put in details that would lead to the right one....I might try running my reasons by someone to see if they think it makes sense/if others might could figure it out.

I guess my hint would be: The details for one tell why he found it appealing, certain details for the other two were placed to dissuade him from choosing them. So finding the right one is more by elimination of the other two, and its story goes into finding why it is special. ....Tell if that doesn't make any sense, because I'm not the best at explaining things.

___
    l     l
Aokochan

Post by Aokochan »

This is a very difficult one...
Spoiler:
Crimson Rain, because it's the only one passed down by written word? But I don't think that's the reason...
Is it Palotania because it's the only one where a Japanese is involved so it could be related to the organization that killed his father?
Are the names any clue?
Last edited by Aokochan on January 18th, 2013, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: Awesome drawing by sonotacular sonoci

Spoiler: cinnamoroll's christmas present <3333
ImageImage
Spoiler: what Akai and Sera have in common...
Image             Image
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

Aokochan wrote: This is a very difficult one...
Spoiler:
Crimson Rain, because it's the only one passed down by written word? But I don't think that's the reason...
Is it Palotania because it's the only one where a Japanese is involved so it could be related to the organization that killed his father?
Are the names any clue?
Spoiler: To guess
Written? ...Oops, I meant for that to say spoken. No written records. *goes to change* :x One of the ones you chose is correct, but for the wrong reason.
Spoiler: Answer to question
The names of the jewels? No, they were just randomly assigned. :V

Names found in the background stories are important, though. Barring 'no one', since I just randomly thought to include that as a small joke :P

___
    l     l
aly_angelflight
Get that squirrel!

Post by aly_angelflight »

Spoiler:
Palotina, because Ali Baba broke into the thieves' cave and stole from them, thus being somewhat of a thief himself?  :-X
"I suppose he could have changed. I myself have noticed my growing resemblance to a daffodil.”
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9258-9521
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

aly_angelflight wrote:
Spoiler:
Palotina, because Ali Baba broke into the thieves' cave and stole from them, thus being somewhat of a thief himself?  :-X
Spoiler:
Right jewel, wrong reason :V

___
    l     l
Hanakochan10
See.. I changed it.

Post by Hanakochan10 »

Hmm.. I have a guess.
Spoiler:
Is it because it heals all injuries or wounds, thus making them unable to be murdered? I guess it's close to immortality? Nah, there's still diseases and old age..