Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Re: Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

Post by miyano_shiho »

Spoiler:
L-9, L-2, L-9, P-3
L-8, L-4, P-4, P-4, P-3, M-5, L-4, P-3
Another keyboard code. Didn't expect that, though.  :D

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

Haha this is nice one too! ;D
Rein
真実ã

Post by Rein »

Miyano
Spoiler:
Yeah :D Do you want to post another one, or wait for someone else to solve it?
'When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.'— Sherlock Holmes

'Have faith in life until you're sure of death.'— Natsuki Koshimizu; Detective Conan
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

^
I'll pass for now. Anyone who has a riddle can go on.

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

Spoiler:
P-3
P-9 P-3 L-1 L-1
P-1 P-2 L-8 P-6
P-2 M-2 P-8
P-6 L-4 P-8 M-2
So another one:

J6 W6 U4 H1 O5 S4 43 E2      C5 Q2 F9

Give me a youtube link as solution.  :)
Last edited by MDavid on August 28th, 2012, 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rein
真実ã

Post by Rein »

My brain broke XD

Hint, please? :D
Last edited by Rein on August 27th, 2012, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.'— Sherlock Holmes

'Have faith in life until you're sure of death.'— Natsuki Koshimizu; Detective Conan
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

Spoiler:
If you can't solve it on a laptop, try on a desktop computer. ;)
Also I edited the code to make it less confusing when you already know the method.
Last edited by MDavid on August 28th, 2012, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
AkairaKKH
*Omnomnom's your cookie*

Post by AkairaKKH »

Haha, this is a good one :B
I really can't solve it so can I ask  for another hint? C:

Pretty please? \(^_^)/

With as much ice cream and as many cherries as it takes?

:D
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. -Sherlock Holmes

"A detective who uses his deductive powers to corner a suspect and then does nothing to stop that suspect from committing suicide is no better than a murderer himself." - Kudou

With a keen eyes for details, one truth prevails. - Kudou

真実ã
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

Spoiler: Don't read if you don't want to get spoiled
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ
Not sure if it's the right link. :D
I realized it after I read the hint.
And I wasn't thinking you're gonna give another keyboard code...
Last edited by miyano_shiho on August 28th, 2012, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MDavid

Post by MDavid »

miyano_shiho wrote:
Spoiler: Don't read if you don't want to get spoiled
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ
Not sure if it's the right link. :D
I realized it after I read the hint.
And I wasn't thinking you're gonna give another keyboard code...
Correct.  :D
AkairaKKH wrote: Haha, this is a good one :B
I really can't solve it so can I ask  for another hint? C:

Pretty please? \(^_^)/

With as much ice cream and as many cherries as it takes?

:D
Sure!
Spoiler:
Look at the numpad.
Rein
真実ã

Post by Rein »

Hahaha. I lIke this one :D
Spoiler:
http://m.youtube.com/#/J---aiyznGQ

After staring at the number pad for 15 minutes I finally noticed the arrows, then I was like, 'Ohh,'. XD

miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

I guess I'll give more time for others to solve the earlier code(s) while I think of another riddle.
Spoiler:
Hopefully not a keyboard code again.  ::)
EDIT: Found one ;D

How quickly can you find out what is unusual about this paragraph? It looks so ordinary that you would think that nothing was wrong with it at all and, in fact, nothing is. But it is unusual. Why? If you study it and think about it you may find out, but I am not going to assist you in any way. You must do it without coaching. No doubt, if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you. Who knows? Go to work and try your skill. Par is about half an hour.
Spoiler:
I won't be around for the next 20 hours, just saying. And no, this isn't a hint or something.
Last edited by miyano_shiho on August 28th, 2012, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

About two minutes
Spoiler:
No Letter E used
Last edited by sstimson on August 28th, 2012, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
Rein
真実ã

Post by Rein »

After I finished reading it I guess, so, yeah, maybe two minutes? When you said unusual, the first thIng I checked for wasn't there.
Spoiler:
The most common letter  in the alphabet 'E' never appears.

miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

sstimson wrote: About two minutes
Spoiler:
No Letter E used
Rein wrote: After I finished reading it I guess, so, yeah, maybe two minutes? When you said unusual, the first thIng I checked for wasn't there.
Spoiler:
The most common letter  in the alphabet 'E' never appears.
Both correct. From what I can see, though sstimson posted earlier, he edited his answer three hours after Rein posted his. Because I'm not sure what kind of editing was done, just decide by yourselves who gives the next riddle.  ;)