Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
MDavid

Re: Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

Post by MDavid »

I know frequency analysis. Next time I won't post a lazy answer, my bad. :)

But like this I have some time to finish the next case. I want it to be elaborated unlike my previous.
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Post by miyano_shiho »

sstimson wrote: Even though I know the answer how is it really done

Frequency Count

6-2, U-2, 9-2, E-3, 5-1, 4-3, W-2, R-1, 3-1, O-1,  K-1

4 E 6 U 9 W 5 R 3 O K

the most frequent letter is E followed by TAONRISHD

6u9e 6u54wr 9e w34e0k4!
Spoiler:

but E here is in a two letter word and there no such words

you got the pair 6u twice and th is the most most likely pair

(Yes I have read code books and am very good at newspaper codes without cheating. For now see the wiki article on Cryptanalysis

6u9e 6u54wr 9e w34e0k4!
Th-- Th---- -- -------!

now that T is out and looking at the pair 9e at is common but T is solved? so as but thas is not a word so trying is

6u9e 6u54wr 9e w34e0k4!
This Th---- is ---s---!

back to the Frequency Count

E=S 6=T U=H 9=I 4 W 5 R 3 O K

got three 4 so it might be E

6u9e 6u54wr 9e w34e0k4!
This Th-e-- is --es--e!

E=S 6=T U=H 9=I 4=E W 5 R 3 O K

got two W and missing A so it might be A

6u9e 6u54wr 9e w34e0k4!
This Th-ea- is a-es--e!

the next letter N does not seem to fit but O might
thoe ,eao, aoe oe are all noes so eso

and o might be 0

E=S 6=T U=H 9=I 4=E W=A 5 R 3 0=O K

6u9e 6u54wr 9e w34e0k4!
This Th-ea- is a-eso-e!

looking at so-e and Letter Frequencies
missing R so make 5 R maybe

E=S 6=T U=H 9=I 4=E W=A 5=R R 3 0=O K

6u9e 6u54wr 9e w34e0k4!
This Threa- is a-eso-e!

and it looks like r is D so

E=S 6=T U=H 9=I 4=E W=A 5=R R=D 3 0=O K

6u9e 6u54wr 9e w34e0k4!
This Thread is a-eso-e!

l,c,f do not seem to fit but m does as K

E=S 6=T U=H 9=I 4=E W=A 5=R R=D 3 0=O K=M

6u9e 6u54wr 9e w34e0k4!
This Thread is a-esome!

and that makes 3 W and the final message this

E=S 6=T U=H 9=I 4=E W=A 5=R R=D 3=W 0=O K=M

6u9e 6u54wr 9e w34e0k4!
This Thread is awesome!

Final Freq. Count looks like this

ESTAIHORDMW

as to your code

A=W, bc, D=R, E=4, fg, H=U, I=9, jkl, M=K, n, O=0, pq, R=D, S=E, T=6, uv, W=3, xyz

W??R4??U9???K?0??DE6??3???
Well done.

But there's still one more thing unanswered. What's the basis for my code?
Give your answer by typing "Hello everyone" using the code.
I had just given you a hint.

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

using your code how would you do numbers like 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,?
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

Spoiler:
Urtxb rwanmwza
Even if it is correct, I got it in an overcomplicated way.  :-\
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

sstimson wrote:
using your code how would you do numbers like 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,?
I was about to say it's not applicable for numbers but I just thought of something.
1 is z.
If you already have an idea, just post it here.  ;)
MDavid wrote:
Spoiler:
Urtxb rwanmwza
Even if it is correct, I got it in an overcomplicated way.  :-\
Nope. Remember, you can use the code you got from "This thread is awesome."
So t=6, h=u, etc.

The clue is already right in your hands... ;)

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

I got a theory but it likely wrong

I would guess this U4JJ0 4 4D 0L4

With blanks for V and Y as I not sure yet

Maybe this? : U4JJ0 414DC0L4.
Last edited by sstimson on August 26th, 2012, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Later

Invisible Member
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

sstimson wrote: I got a theory but it likely wrong

I would guess this U4JJ0 4 4D 0L4

With blanks for V and Y as I not sure yet

Maybe this? : U4JJ0 414DC0L4.
Still not the right answer.
Spoiler: More hints
2=x, 3=c, 4=v, p=-

sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

P equals space?
Later

Invisible Member
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

No, dash. (-)

sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

Maybe this? : U4JJ0 414D70L4.

New theory

U4OO0 4F4D70J4.
Last edited by sstimson on August 26th, 2012, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Later

Invisible Member
Rein
真実ã

Post by Rein »

I'm not too hot of a detective but I'm pretty good at cracking codes so this was a nice one for me  C:

U4PP0 4G4570J4
Spoiler:
This looks complicated but the solution is simple. I managed to crack it about 5 or so minutes XD (Yes, I'm bragging:D I've got nothing else to brag about XD)

This is a keyboard code. Hence the hint 'the answer is already in your hands,'. Baisically you substitute the letter you need for the letter up and to the right of it on a standard keyboard.

(I looked at the riddle before I looked at the theories and I solved the 'this thread is awesome' bit through pure guesswork XD)

So working on that theory, Hello everyone turns into: U4PP0 4G4570J4
Last edited by Rein on August 26th, 2012, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.'— Sherlock Holmes

'Have faith in life until you're sure of death.'— Natsuki Koshimizu; Detective Conan
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

5 /= R, D does, At least one exception
Last edited by sstimson on August 26th, 2012, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Later

Invisible Member
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

@Rein

Nice solution!
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

Rein wrote: I'm not too hot of a detective but I'm pretty good at cracking codes so this was a nice one for me  C:

U4PP0 4G4570J4
Spoiler:
This looks complicated but the solution is simple. I managed to crack it about 5 or so minutes XD (Yes, I'm bragging:D I've got nothing else to brag about XD)

This is a keyboard code. Hence the hint 'the answer is already in your hands,'. Baisically you substitute the letter you need for the letter up and to the right of it on a standard keyboard.

(I looked at the riddle before I looked at the theories and I solved the 'this thread is awesome' bit through pure guesswork XD)

So working on that theory, Hello everyone turns into: U4PP0 4G4570J4
Very good!

Yeah, I gave hints by saying "The clue is already right in your hands" and "Give your answer by typing 'Hello everyone' using the code," thinking you might look at your keyboards and notice it. :P I also gave number clues: 1, 2, 3 and 4 are equivalent to z, x, c and v; although that sequence isn't as much well known as "qwerty". :D

Your turn, Rein.
Last edited by miyano_shiho on August 27th, 2012, 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rein
真実ã

Post by Rein »

Thanks XD

Hmm, I think I'll do abother code, but I don't think I can say if it's difficult or easy XD

L-7, P-8, P-5, P-8, M-5, P-6, P-3, M-4, P-8
M-5, P-2, M-2, L-9, M-2

On each line is a different word XD Makes it easier to read  :D

Hint 1: What the code above says
Spoiler:
Detective Conan
Umm, solve it by writing: "Akai Shuuichi"

Or you can just tell me how it works :D
'When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.'— Sherlock Holmes

'Have faith in life until you're sure of death.'— Natsuki Koshimizu; Detective Conan