Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
livvlaughlovee
Taking the world by storm;

Re: Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

Post by livvlaughlovee »

Spoiler:
Is the fact that the suspect is short of any importance? If so, is it related to why the window was open?
Spoiler:
Was the hairdryer the weapon? o_o for some reason, I remember you saying it wasn't, but I can't find the post so err I might have imagined it or something so just checking. ^^;
"Watch out world, because you won't know what hit you;"
---
Just because you have eyes, doesn't mean you always see;
---
tumblr
livejournal
fanfiction
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

Spoiler:
It is somewhat important because it would be hard to hit him there if he was tall.

No, the hairdryer is not the weapon. It had no blood on it.
livvlaughlovee

Post by livvlaughlovee »

Spoiler:
Was the suspect standing on the windowsill? (I mean when he was attacking the victim err for a height boost?)
---
---
tumblr
livejournal
fanfiction
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

Spoiler:
Wow what an interesting idea! :o But sorry, no. They both were standing on the floor.
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Post by miyano_shiho »

Spoiler:
What kind of window was it? A sliding type? Maybe the criminal hit the victim by closing the window. Or something like that.
I won't be able to sleep peacefully because of this.  :-\

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

Spoiler:
He wasn't killed by the opening or closing movement of the window. It looks like something like this:

[img width=400]http://doorswindowsdesign.com/wp-conten ... Window.jpg[/img]
I am very sorry. ;D But it is good to see the thread being alive again.
Last edited by MDavid on August 24th, 2012, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
livvlaughlovee

Post by livvlaughlovee »

Spoiler:
were there shutters/blinds on the windows?
Spoiler: ignore my crazy notes; I talk to myself a lot
1. How could the suspect have assulted the victim? Short suspect, and it's implied that the victim was strong-looking (Kogoro observes that the victim looked like a bodybuilder; muscular, then?) so he must have been caught off guard. Or sleeping? Or, plot twist: the victim is actually female and the blood was from their period!
2. Blunt force trauma, weapon was thin. I keep feeling like I have to go back to the hairdryer. Cord? Maybe the cord was being whipped around like Indiana Jones and that whip of his.
3. No fingerprints or blood on the hairdryer. Normal hairdryers have plenty of fingerprints, though. That means it was wiped off. Before/after usage? Why? The hairdryer must be the culprit! And it took a bath itself and dried itself off! And it's why there is nothing on it! Because-/shot

I agree, haha~ c:
---
---
tumblr
livejournal
fanfiction
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

;D I actually laughed out loud.
Spoiler:
Were there shutters/blinds on the windows?
No, or it doesn't matter.
Kogoro observes that the victim looked like a bodybuilder; muscular, then?
Remember: Everything Kogoro said was joke. He didn't observe, he speculated. In an episode he even suspected a woman to be a bodybulider despite the looks.
He must have been caught off guard.
Yeah you can say that.
I keep feeling like I have to go back to the hairdryer. Cord?
No hairdryer or it's part was involved in commiting the crime. Cord plays no rule.
Normal hairdryers have plenty of fingerprints, though. That means it was wiped off. Before/after usage?
True. They were wiped off by the culprit after he used it.
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

Spoiler: More observations and unanswered questions
The windows had to be open to successfully commit the crime.
The scattered leaves served only as proof that the windows were open.
The hair dryer (heat/hot air) was also essential in committing the crime (besides drying the murder weapon).
Something (wet) was keeping the leaves sticking outside the windows.
The blunt, thin murder weapon (yet to be found and will still react to luminol) is hidden somewhere near the windows.
Need more clues...  :|

And yes, this case is keeping the thread alive. :D It's quite fun.
Sorry if we're giving you a hard time replying on every deduction/observation/question we make. ;)
Last edited by miyano_shiho on August 24th, 2012, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

It is great fun. A good detective has to know every small detail!  ;)
Spoiler:
We are close to the root of the problem!
The windows had to be open to successfully commit the crime.
No.
The scattered leaves served only as proof...
Yes.
...that the windows were open.
No.

:o ???
The hair dryer (heat/hot air) was also essential in committing the crime (besides drying the murder weapon).
No hairdryer or it's part was involved in commiting the crime. But it was used for something besides drying the murder weapon.
Something (wet) was keeping the leaves sticking outside the windows.
Something, yes.
The blunt, thin murder weapon (yet to be found and will still react to luminol) is hidden somewhere near the windows.
True!
Last edited by MDavid on August 24th, 2012, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
livvlaughlovee

Post by livvlaughlovee »

Spoiler:
Is that "something" keeping the leaves sticking to the windows blood? -le gasp-
---
---
tumblr
livejournal
fanfiction
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

Spoiler:
No, but another great idea (in a morbid way).
Spoiler:
But luminol shows blood there too!  :o
Spoiler:
You remember that the culprit left some water and blood in the tub. He was in a hurry and his cleaning up was not perfect.
Last edited by MDavid on August 24th, 2012, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

Something's not really clear...
Spoiler:
If we think of it this way:
The culprit hit the victim with the blunt, thin murder weapon and caused his death.
The culprit then washed the murder weapon in the tub, dried it and returned it to its usual place near the window.
Then WHY use the hair dryer for something else and WHY were leaves there?  
If there was blood in the windows, it probably got into contact with the murder weapon.
Could it be that the murder weapon was behind the window and was making the leaves stick (and somehow the hair dryer is also used to help the leaves stick)?
Then the scattered leaves could be a hint on the location of murder weapon.

It's still not making sense.  :-\

MDavid

Post by MDavid »

Spoiler:
If we think of it this way:
The culprit hit the victim with the blunt, thin murder weapon and caused his death.
The culprit then washed the murder weapon in the tub, dried it and returned it to its usual place near the window.
Then WHY use the hair dryer for something else and WHY were leaves there?
Very good! This is the question you have to answer to solve the trick!  :)
If there was blood in the windows, it probably got into contact with the murder weapon.
Uhm...yeah ::)
...somehow the hair dryer is also used to help the leaves stick.
The opposite.
...the scattered leaves could be a hint on the location of murder weapon.
Something like that.
Remember that the murder weapon and it's location already appears in the original riddle. I hope this won't just confuse you even more.
Spoiler:
And no, not the leaves are the weapons. :D
livvlaughlovee

Post by livvlaughlovee »

Spoiler:
Were the leaves used to hide the weapon?
Or were they used to hide the reflection of the weapon?
Were the leaves in any way beneficial to the culprit?
---
---
tumblr
livejournal
fanfiction