The TV Shows Topic, where... we talk about our TV shows

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Re: The TV Shows Topic, where... we talk about our TV shows

Post by Jd- »

Akonyl wrote:
Spoiler:
Dexter talks to Harry in public multiple times, which could be the case in the coffee shop scene. The woman also never acknowledges him, and he doesn't have a plate/cup either like Colin does, he's just sitting there. Not to mention when Colin wakes up to find her tied up and the guy says "I guess we'll have to kill her" and starts stroking her hair, she doesn't react to him at all either. If someone announced their intent to kill me while stroking my hair I would be freaked out by him a little bit. The only things we've seen him successfully interacting with are things that only Colin has seen (the brand, the painting), so until someone else takes note of him I don't see it as deception, just maybe a few red herrings.

also unrelated, but: I also think the killer took way too huge a gamble with that last killing, had the second set of officers not gone into the greenhouse, she may have actually been saved and then she would have revealed everything.
Spoiler:
While Dexter does talk to Harry in public, it's rarely as deliberate as that scene was. Much of the time, they are talking in what is decidedly a fairly private setting (though certainly not always). I'll accept it if the theory turns out to be true, but I'm also curious about how they'll explain all of the little nuances (which increase with each episode, naturally).

The last killing really was quite silly and was obviously implemented solely for the theatrics of it all by the writers. The very CGI locusts were a lil more offensive to me, actually.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

Jd- wrote:
Spoiler:
While Dexter does talk to Harry in public, it's rarely as deliberate as that scene was. Much of the time, they are talking in what is decidedly a fairly private setting (though certainly not always). I'll accept it if the theory turns out to be true, but I'm also curious about how they'll explain all of the little nuances (which increase with each episode, naturally).

The last killing really was quite silly and was obviously implemented solely for the theatrics of it all by the writers. The very CGI locusts were a lil more offensive to me, actually.
Spoiler:
I'll agree that he talks with Harry a bit more subtly than this guy talks to the dude, and it probably is there to make you think it's more likely that he's real. Which, in the end is "deceptive" I suppose, but when I think of something being called deceptive I think of it being sort of unfairly so, whereas it seems like if it is the case here, there's enough clues contrary to the deception to make it alright.

and yeah, when I saw the locusts I was lollin'. Well, not really. But it did make me smile.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

New Dexter & Walking Dead tonight.

HYPE, GET.
lyndsi
Avatar by Yuri!!!!! Thanks again!

Post by lyndsi »

The only three things I'm actually keeping up with right now is the new season of An Idiot Abroad, Dexter, and the Walking Dead...nothing else really interests me at this time.
Thanks Breva for the extremely late (but extremely cute) SS gift.

What's the real meaning of YOLO? You decide! :P

Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Spoiler: Dexter new ep
Interesting progression we have going here. This is quite an unusual pace for a Dexter season, but I'm game for the ride.

Spoiler: Walking Dead new ep
When Shane came out of the truck alone, I knew exactly what had happened, and I was going to be thoroughly disappointed if it wasn't exactly what I expected. Fortunately, it was! Amazing writing, and Shane is the best character on the show right now. I love this guy, and Jon Bernthal is a brilliant, brilliant actor.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

Spoiler: Dexter, regarding the spoiltastic theory
if the guy is in Travis's head after all and the police find out that he died ages ago, I can't wait to see Dexter just go "Wait a second... aww hell."
Spoiler: Dexter, next ep preview
It'll be interesting to see how Dexter rationalizes (presumably) attacking someone who didn't actually end up murdering someone (since it looks like Sam's still alive in the preview). I guess because they were trying to kill him at least?
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Spoiler: Dexter
Amazing, amazing episode. The very end was brilliant, honestly. They've officially gotten back on the right track as far as I'm concerned.
Spoiler: Walking Dead
I'm wondering what's going to happen after they find Sophia. Apart from the ranchhouse getting attacked, I'm not sure what the next move is going to be, plot-wise.
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

I gave up on The Walking Dead.  Show just got kinda...meh. 
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

ranger wrote: I gave up on The Walking Dead.  Show just got kinda...meh. 
I know you're perpetually at odds with me on most things, but lemme just note two things:

1) You presumably didn't watch episode 4 last night, and may not have even seen 3 (which was brilliant--you need to). Last week's episode was amazing.

2) We are only four episodes in, and after episode 1, you said...
ranger wrote: Pretty awesome, the scene where _____________ is just great drama. As someone who's read some of the graphic novel, this season looks really enticing...
You can't give up after just another ep, yo (again assuming you didn't watch episode 3 yet). My advice is to hang in there and at least watch up through this episode. Episode 3, especially, was fantastic.
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

ranger wrote: I gave up on The Walking Dead.  Show just got kinda...meh. 
I'm not a zombie person, but I gave that show a shot, and didn't like it at all

Anyway, watching Once Upon A Time and loving it, checking out Body Of Proof now
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

I haven't seen episode 3 or 4, but sometimes the show just kinda irks me with the whole romance/human drama.  I watch the show because of the zombies..yet, there are times when its just 20 minutes of screentime with annoying characters.  Also, the show's depiction of women is also very frustrating.  Why must they all be completely useless and selfish?
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

ranger wrote: I haven't seen episode 3 or 4, but sometimes the show just kinda irks me with the whole romance/human drama.  I watch the show because of the zombies..yet, there are times when its just 20 minutes of screentime with annoying characters.
Watch episode 3 tonight and see if you're back on board. That be my request, matey.
ranger wrote: Also, the show's depiction of women is also very frustrating.  Why must they all be completely useless and selfish?
How has Parkur not responded to this already!? This is like... made for him!
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

ranger wrote: Also, the show's depiction of women is also very frustrating.  Why must they all be completely useless and selfish?
Because that's how real life is? Image
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

awesome ending to the dexter episode. Also, previews look awesome as well.
ConansSideWalk
Trying To Take Over The World!

Post by ConansSideWalk »

I want to make a show and this is what it would be about. A small town's only doctor is also it's only sheriff i call it officer doctor make it happen Jd-
ImageImage
Representing The Place I Love For The People Who Inhabit It. SOS団 Forever