The TV Shows Topic, where... we talk about our TV shows

The place for discussing movies, music, books, video games, and everything in between.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Re: The TV Shows Topic, where... we talk about our TV shows

Post by Jd- »

Akonyl wrote: one of my coworkers came into my cube and started flipping out about it, saying that I absolutely have to catch up and watch it. He also basically told me to move to Antarctica in the meantime to stay away from spoilers.
He could not be more right. If you even hear the words "Breaking Bad" together, cover your ears, shield your eyes, hide your wife, hide your kids, because they'll be spoilin' everybody out there.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

Jd- wrote:
Akonyl wrote: one of my coworkers came into my cube and started flipping out about it, saying that I absolutely have to catch up and watch it. He also basically told me to move to Antarctica in the meantime to stay away from spoilers.
He could not be more right. If you even hear the words "Breaking Bad" together, cover your ears, shield your eyes, hide your wife, hide your kids, because they'll be spoilin' everybody out there.
well thankfully for me, the only other place I hear about Breaking Bad is the other forum I go to, where if anyone spoiled it without massively marking the spoilers beforehand, they would be publicly lynched, mauled alive and thrown out of an airlock, so I hope I'm safe.
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

Akonyl wrote: finally got around to watching the first episode of Dexter, and a few comments that aren't really all that spoiler-y:
Spoiler:
So this season seems pretty heavily based around religion, and specifically to the point of making religious people seem like idiots when talking to Dexter. It's actually sort of weird and I'm not sure how big a fan I am of it. :V

Also from what it looks like, the main bad guy of this season is going to be a father+son team, like Harry+Dexter if Harry was alive, except they're super religious as opposed to Dexter who's super-atheist.
Spoiler:

I actually really like this religious concept actually.  At first I was a bit iffy when I saw the previews, but it's really interesting..as it draws some parallels to my current life.  Apparently the second episode is supposed to be da shizdiggity according to my roommate as he watched it while I suffered from doing physics hw
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

Breaking Bad ending spoilers:
Spoiler:
my breaking-bad-fanboy coworker had previously told me "the very end of the episode has a very shocking image, like wow you'll definitely hear people talkin about it"

then I figured he was talking about Gus's face, but that wasn't quite at the end

then at the end when it panned to the flowerpot and I saw that it had a nametag in it I was like "wait they're gonna zoom in on th-- oh god it's going to be OH GOD IT CAN'T BE OH GOD WALT"
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

walking dead season premiere tonight my radical pizza homeslices
Vylash

Post by Vylash »

tried breaking bad and dropped it after it put me to sleep

PARKS AND RECREATION HOWEVER! <3333333333333333333
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

ranger wrote:
Akonyl wrote: finally got around to watching the first episode of Dexter, and a few comments that aren't really all that spoiler-y:
Spoiler:
So this season seems pretty heavily based around religion, and specifically to the point of making religious people seem like idiots when talking to Dexter. It's actually sort of weird and I'm not sure how big a fan I am of it. :V

Also from what it looks like, the main bad guy of this season is going to be a father+son team, like Harry+Dexter if Harry was alive, except they're super religious as opposed to Dexter who's super-atheist.
Spoiler:

I actually really like this religious concept actually.  At first I was a bit iffy when I saw the previews, but it's really interesting..as it draws some parallels to my current life.  Apparently the second episode is supposed to be da shizdiggity according to my roommate as he watched it while I suffered from doing physics hw
up to episode 3:
Spoiler:
I'm a bit better with the religion thing now, now that the criminal-turned-pastor was introduced and they're not just painting all religious people as "hurr durr religion" like the first episode.

I've also read a pretty interesting theory that states (don't read if you don't want something that may end up the case being spoiled) that [ The religious serial killer's father figure doesn't actually exist and is just his version of Harry ], which would actually be pretty cool if it ended up being the case.
ranger
Community Villain

Post by ranger »

Spoiler:

I decided not to read your theory, because I don't want a chekov pulled on me.  I just can't get over the fact that the criminal/pastor is Mos Def.  Everytime I look at him, I can't take him seriously.  The latest episode was super meh...I wish seasons would just dive into the meat of the plot like they used.  I definitely want to see some action between Dexter and the Christian dudes.
Walking Dead ~
Spoiler:
Pretty awesome, the scene where they hid underneath the cars is just great drama.  The show does a great job in making me dislike some of the characters...most of them the female ones, simply because they are female archetypes for horror series, where they are of no use at all.  As someone who's read some of the graphic novel, this season looks really enticing...
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Walking Dead = off to a fine start, looking forward to episode two.

Dexter = going well enough. Not quite sure where this is going yet, which I suppose is a good thing... hopefully.
rpgplayer00
You won't like Ai when she angry!

Post by rpgplayer00 »

REVENGE people REVENGE I do believe DC fanatics will like it for all the crazy revenge schemes.

and Jd- Lost right now from beging to end!
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

Did Revenge start already? 'cause I meant to watch that one...
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
rpgplayer00
You won't like Ai when she angry!

Post by rpgplayer00 »

@Commi-Ninja yes it has been on for about 4 or 5 episodes now. catch up anyway you can!
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

after that recent episode of Dexter, looks like that transparent-text theory I posted is probably gonna end up being right :V
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Akonyl wrote: after that recent episode of Dexter, looks like that transparent-text theory I posted is probably gonna end up being right :V
I actually really, really hope that isn't the case because not only is it deceptive (due to the coffee shop scene and such), I've heard two others in my local circle hypothesize that possibility over the past few weeks. If so, I just hope they make it work well.

But, given that Dexter is about to dig into Colin Hanks's character... well, as Gordon Gekko would put it...
Spoiler:
A fisherman always sees another fisherman from afar.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

Jd- wrote:
Akonyl wrote: after that recent episode of Dexter, looks like that transparent-text theory I posted is probably gonna end up being right :V
I actually really, really hope that isn't the case because not only is it deceptive (due to the coffee shop scene and such), I've heard two others in my local circle hypothesize that possibility over the past few weeks. If so, I just hope they make it work well.

But, given that Dexter is about to dig into Colin Hanks's character... well, as Gordon Gekko would put it...
Spoiler:
A fisherman always sees another fisherman from afar.
That's not really all that deceptive though, because (just gonna norm-spoiler it because I'm not putting multiple levels of spoilerage in the post like last time)
Spoiler:
Dexter talks to Harry in public multiple times, which could be the case in the coffee shop scene. The woman also never acknowledges him, and he doesn't have a plate/cup either like Colin does, he's just sitting there. Not to mention when Colin wakes up to find her tied up and the guy says "I guess we'll have to kill her" and starts stroking her hair, she doesn't react to him at all either. If someone announced their intent to kill me while stroking my hair I would be freaked out by him a little bit. The only things we've seen him successfully interacting with are things that only Colin has seen (the brand, the painting), so until someone else takes note of him I don't see it as deception, just maybe a few red herrings.

also unrelated, but: I also think the killer took way too huge a gamble with that last killing, had the second set of officers not gone into the greenhouse, she may have actually been saved and then she would have revealed everything.