Mafia: Round 22 - Tales of Terror: It Was a Bright and Sunny Day (Note 1st post)

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
Schillok
GCA UAC U AUG AUA

Re: Mafia: Round 22 - Tales of Terror (Lovers Win!)

Post by Schillok »

Well, two lovers (meaning: Two Town-BO lovers) is something that needs careful consideration if it should be used again. The BO lost, despite having 10 members in a game with 30 players (Which would be too much in a normal game IMO). The town got a good start, but since the start they only had 16 (15 after Abs died night 1) true townies. Criminals added a certain degree of randomness to the game (and in this case the town benefited from Okuda targeting a BO) but in the end a criminal would have had to kill a lover by chance to really make a difference.

Probably a game with two love pairs would work perfectly, as long as they are BO-BO or town-town.

Also, future GMs should learn from this game that it can take a lot longer for a game to finish than anticipated. So when you are about to go on a trip within 2 weeks (or something other will happen that might make it impossible to continue GMing) you might better step back for the time being and allow another player to GM. There will always be a next game when you have time again.
KainTheVampire
*the Devil disguised as a mad vampire* >:D

Post by KainTheVampire »

o.O
Conclusion: "This area is full of crap" and "It's a nasty place!"

Drawn by yours truly
xpon
Community Sepll Chkecer
Spreading the cuteness, all over DCTP

Post by xpon »

i still hope that bo-town lover cant win with another bo-town lover!!!!
xpon is so cute...
Image                         Image
Even Ayumi~chan and Sera~chan love to hug him.....
Thanks to sonoci & Yuri
Dus
Community Drunken Raccoon
45% Kogoro, 54% Raccoon, 100% Beerslayer

Post by Dus »

Well, technically there should only be one pair of lovers ever since I changed the rule in round 18. And they haven't been altered for this round either, so once one pair of lovers was dead, no one would have had a way to know there was another one.
We don't make mistakes. We have happy accidents.
Remember: A thin paint will stick to a thick paint.
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

Ah, what an interesting ending.
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
Kleene Onigiri
Community Rice Warrior
*punches Akonyl*

Post by Kleene Onigiri »

If the criminals are in the game, I think the rule that just 1 pair of lover can be in the game max is good. Tho if a GM decides to not use the criminals, then the maximum should be higher than 1 pair. 2 or 3 pairs could be used too, depending on the size of the game :)
Keyhole drawn by Yuri Iwamoto <3
Spoiler: Secret Santa gift from Commi-Ninja <3
A Black Organization Christmas Carol (need to fix the link)
3DS Friend Code: 4141 3202 3514

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff holidays
Dus

Post by Dus »

I don't mind it if there are several pairs of lovers, in fact I think that this was quite an interesting constellation, but it should be in the rules. D:
breva

Post by breva »

Finally over!

Congrats Mystery, Yuriko and Conia :D
And sorry Tanner-kun :(

About lover I agree that 2 BO-Town pairings are too much, it makes thing harder for both sides and more with 2 criminals around
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

when I first saw the "lovers win" part, I was like "what how could yuriko/conia win yet there was totally enough townies left! D:"

but apparently there was a second pair :V

and it's not really something that needs to be considered in the rules anyway, considering there's basically never going to be two pairs of town-BO lovers except in a game where the GM does something different like CTU did. Though, I don't see why both pairs of lovers can win together, as the idea was that lovers wanted to be all alone for sloppy makeouts, but oh well.
Dus

Post by Dus »

Ah, I forgot about the changes to finding lovers, because they're not in the official rules as far as I could see.
Akonyl
Community Hero

Post by Akonyl »

Dus wrote: Ah, I forgot about the changes to finding lovers, because they're not in the official rules as far as I could see.
right, it's not part of the rules, which is why I don't think anything should be done to accommodate it :P

if it happens because of somethin' wonky a GM did, should be up to the GM to rule on it as they wanna.
pofa
Community Savior
Armchair sorcerey

Post by pofa »

Oh, it ended. Congrats, traitors. ;)

When CTU told us we had 10 BO, I figured we were screwed with cross lovers. ::) I suspected Kain the most, followed by Conia. (Never Mystery at all. XD) But not much I could do about it. :( I should have outright lied about Cheesus's target for Night 2 and said it was Akonyl instead of just not telling; maybe breva wouldn't have been protected then.

I finally get a role type besides investigator/interrogator and I die Night 2. :'(
ImageImageImage

Superman = Captain America > Aquaman = Hal Jordan > Wonder Woman > Barry Allen > Thor > Martian Manhunter > The Hulk > Wasp > Hawkeye > [power gap] > Iron Man = Batman > [power gap] > Hank Pym
Yurikochan
Conia's Wife
Secretly in love with N...

Post by Yurikochan »

pofa wrote: Oh, it ended. Congrats, traitors. ;)

When CTU told us we had 10 BO, I figured we were screwed with cross lovers. ::) I suspected Kain the most, followed by Conia. (Never Mystery at all. XD) But not much I could do about it. :( I should have outright lied about Cheesus's target for Night 2 and said it was Akonyl instead of just not telling; maybe breva wouldn't have been protected then.

I finally get a role type besides investigator/interrogator and I die Night 2. :'(
We didn't know who you were having Cheesus target. :P

So I asked BK to discombob him so the kill should have never happened.

Which reminds me, Breva, did you lose lovey dovey after you were "killed"?

Also I'm sorry for asking PT to kill you, Pofa.

And PT and I both awesomely told BK to discombob Gin the night Conia was slandered! \o/
Mafia: The only place where you can find Gin and Akai married together with 8 kids all disguised as Akai. Or something epic like that.
Conia wrote: Why am I thinking a ferret is an experiment from PT to mix the charm of dogs with the evilness of cats? :V

Image Kay and her friends...
Schillok
GCA UAC U AUG AUA

Post by Schillok »

Akonyl wrote: when I first saw the "lovers win" part, I was like "what how could yuriko/conia win yet there was totally enough townies left! D:"

but apparently there was a second pair :V

and it's not really something that needs to be considered in the rules anyway, considering there's basically never going to be two pairs of town-BO lovers except in a game where the GM does something different like CTU did. Though, I don't see why both pairs of lovers can win together, as the idea was that lovers wanted to be all alone for sloppy makeouts, but oh well.
There was also discussion about that in the Graveyard.
I too think that only one pair of lovers should have been able to win, but the GM told that both could win together early so there was no way to change it when it became evident how powerful 2 town-BO lovers are.
But as you said: There was no rule for it, because we usually only had 1 possible pair of lovers before and because two town-BO pairs are so... unlikely.

Again, the initial balance of this game was pretty delicate: 10 BO (well: 8 true BO) would be too much in a normal game, yet they lost quickly. Also, 16 true townies (15 after Abs death in night 1) is too low, even with one of the criminals helping them. There happened a lot of things in favor of the town, yet it seems like they had little chance of winning this game. It is even hard to blame townies for getting APTXed when there are 2 players around with real town roles, working together with their lover (and the other lovers) to kill everyone.

As it turns out, 2 BO-town lovers were probably impossible to balance in the first place. I suggest future GMs avoid them unless they have a good idea how they will impact the game.
Tanner-kun

Post by Tanner-kun »

breva wrote: And sorry Tanner-kun :(
Hahaha I don't even remember how I died. ^_____^