File 646+: Who is the culprit?

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.

Who stabbed the news reporter?

Hikawa Moegi (Makoto's classmate)
8%
Kudo Shinichi
8%
Hattori Heiji
No votes
Hikawa Moegi (Makoto's classmate)
No votes
Makoto
75%
Shiroyama Kazuma (The policeman)
No votes
Daiki, the young master
8%
Someone else
No votes

Total votes: 12
Miyano-sama
ã

File 646+: Who is the culprit?

Post by Miyano-sama »

It's time to guess who did it.
The suspects in this case are not so much, so I added some innocent people to make it funny.
The first suspect is the victim herself, Kawauchi Misato (The reporter herself). It's possible that she stabbed herself to accuse Shinichi.
The second suspect is Kudo Shinichi. He was holding the knife  ;D and was standing in the crime scene  ;D
Another suspicious person is Hattori Heiji. He was sleeping with Shinichi in the same room, so he could have put him to sleep by a drug, curried him to that house, and stabbed the reporter. The motive is of course because Heiji wants to stands out as a high school detective.
Next suspect is Hikawa Moegi (Makoto's classmate). The motive is the same as Kawauchi Misato (the reporter), although I don't understand why she wants to hurt the reporter.
Makoto who has disappeared is also a suspect, and he has similar motive.
Shiroyama Kazuma (The policeman) is also suspicious because it looked like he didn't want the reporter to say the thing which should not be said. Until now, we don't know what that thing is, but even if he was the one who did it, I don't understand why he had to make it as if Shinichi was the one who did it.
Finally, Daiki, the young master, called Shinichi a lier at the beginning of the case. So he has the same motive as Hikawa Moegi & Makoto which is blaming Shinichi for stabbing the reporter.
Last edited by Miyano-sama on May 9th, 2008, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ã
Yoh0719

Re: File 646+: Who is the culprit?

Post by Yoh0719 »

Hello, this is my first post here but I hope this makes some sense  ;D
But based on what's been happening so far (not including the file 650 spoiler), I think Makoto is the one who tricked Shinichi into the hut and he hates Shinichi VERY VERY much. He is really secretive and really freaky.. he secretly keeps thousands of Shinichi's pictures in the hut and stabs them over and over again :-[ with knives and he seals that room very tightly by nailing it with a bunch of wooden plates.  He probably also had a plastic surgery to look like Shinichi and has been living in that hut as Shiragami-sama for half a year.  He pretends he has amnesia because it gives him the excuse of not knowing everyone he's around with so he doesn't have to be able to recognize who they are because he isn't Shinichi.  He was going to kill Shinichi and live as the new Shinichi, but since the reporter found out about what he was trying to do and was about to report it, he tried to kill her.  The real Shinichi called police and ambulance before Hattori and his fellows because he's observing the fake one from the forest.  He's wearing a wig so people wouldn't get confused that there are two Shinichi's, which might cause a lot of problem because people would know the real Shinichi is alive, which might cause a lot of problems if gone public.   
That's all I know actually, hope things get more clear in file 650 :)
After reading the file 650, I still think Makoto's the fake Shinichi... and also may be the police man tried to burn down the forest??
Last edited by Yoh0719 on May 10th, 2008, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nyarl
Lost Detective

Post by Nyarl »

Why would the fake appear naked in the water, though? Why couldn't he just knock his head into a tree and pretend that gave him amnesia? The cure and Conan's escape from the cabin becomes a really stupidly contrived coincidence if the amnesiac is a fake. Why wouldn't Ran recognize he's not physically the same when it's been shown in previous stories that she spots physical differences rather easily (apart from when it's Vermouth)? Aoyama arbitrarily weakening her observation ability just for this story is lame. She's not acting like he's not Shin'ichi, she's acting like she's grieving for the loss of his mind.

As for the real Shin'ichi, I can see him climbing the trees in Makoto's old disguise, but not playing Tarzan swinging from tree to tree. How does soccer translate to that skill? A new skill contrived just for this story would be really lame. Why wouldn't he look more concerned about Ran after her fall? Recently Aoyama did a case where he was nearly panicking just because there was a slight chance a kidnapper had partners that might put her in danger. He'd call an ambulance for the reporter, but just take Ran off to a shack in the woods?
é»’ã
Miyano-sama
ã

Post by Miyano-sama »

Heijifigures out who stapped the newspaper reporter. It was Shinichi the one who stabbed her after all. He didn't use any trick at all, and left clues everywhere leading back to him. Shinichi even didn't try to deny it, and confessed immediately. Ran who was appearantly saved by the forest guy, or Shiragami-sama, believes that this Shinichi who stabbed the reporter is not real. At any rate, with Shinichi being at jail for the attempt of murder, I think the series name will be changed to Meitantei Hattori :P
ã
aimforksc

Post by aimforksc »

Well I'm a newbie here and this is my first post.

Miss夜ã
Last edited by aimforksc on May 20th, 2008, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wounds that do not heal...
A light that I cannot see...
onwards..., even so, I just keep moving onwards

From Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles 188
Miss夜ã

Post by Miss夜㠻

[quote="Miss夜ã
aimforksc

Post by aimforksc »

[quote="Miss夜ã