FILE 650 Spoilers (Shinichi The Crybaby)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DarkStar

Re: FILE 650 Spoilers (Shinichi The Crybaby)

Post by DarkStar »

To be honest I also think that Shiragami is Shinichi. This other Shinichi does not really act like Shinichi and Ran does not feel anything for him. Perhaps Makoto/"Shinichi" hid something in his room - perhaps the bullets. What did he do in that room the hole time?

@krystal.glass: Well how could he tell her. She was out of conscious and when she awoke the other arrived and the Shiragami had to disappeare. Even if he wanted he would not tell her.

To the reporter: perhaps she found out about the person behind "Shinichi" - Makoto. But he could not finish her off because again the others arrived. He didn't want that the lady tell the others that he (Makoto) is not Shinichi.

The first thing I thought about the bullets was: Shinichi has to protect himself.

But if everything is going to be revealed the others have to think about how Shinichi could escape out of this hut.

@misztina: you meen than it looks like shinichi killed her and then himself because he was shockes about what he had done?
"Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent!"
(Sherlock Holmes - A Case of Identity, Doyle)
Misztina

Post by Misztina »

Eh?  ??? Noooo... did I write that? :o *reads her post again*

I wrote (quote) ..."maybe Makoto did went to the hut, saw that Shinichi wasn't there, so he went to the reporter and stabbed her, so then Shinichi would appear,then he could kill him with a gun. That would be a "surprise attack", since no one would think that Makoto will use a gun, since he stabbed the reporter with a knife."

I meant that Makoto is the fake Shinichi. So Makoto, as RedPoppy said, went to the hut, found out that Shinichi is no longer there, took the bullets, went to the place where he(Makoto) wanted to meet the reporter. Makoto stabbed her, because he was scared of her, revealing the truth that he is Makoto and also to lure out Shinichi. If the real Shinichi arrives, Makoto can shot him nd that would be a "surprise attack" since no one would think that Makoto, who stabbed the reporter with a knife, would have a gun.
mysterygirl

Post by mysterygirl »

Everything is much better with the full English translation out. Agh. I was wrong with the "eyes part".

But I'm liking where everyone's speculations are going. It seems almost a bit predictable to see it that Makoto is trying to blackmail Shinichi but it can happen.

Every clue seems to fit the speculations but this quotis of 100 percent is leaving me a blank of where it can go. (Unless someone was super jealous of Hinohara...)

Edit: And I think I'm getting that higher feeling that Shiragami is Shinichi.
Last edited by mysterygirl on May 16th, 2008, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shakura

Post by Shakura »

Well, from reading this chapter, it'll turn out that:

A) This Shinichi is a fake and is really Makoto.  It's fairly out of character for him to start bursting into tears the way he did.  Ran feels distant from him and even if he lost his memory, wouldn't be acting the way he is right now.  And from looking at all five of these chapters to the case, the physical differences
between amnesic "Shinichi" and the regular one are becoming noticeable, like the way his nose is drawn (more sideways than at the tip).  I was going to dismiss this as a style change on Gosho's part, but there have been "flashback" type images of Shinichi in these chapters, also (possibly to compare). 

B) The crying and the mystery gathering is all an act to draw forth the real criminal (dressed as the Shiragami) and he'll be exposed.  I thought this would be neat, but how things are going, the outcome will most like be A)...or neither of them. ^^;

I really thought the "Shinichi is dressed as the Shiragami" idea was bull at first, but all these clues made my idea do a 180.  And I wonder what Heiji is going to use the Omamori for.  I can only think of it adhering to the scar Shinichi got when stabbed by Numabuchi back in volume 19 and seeing if he has the scar or not.  But I think only Heiji would know that Shinichi has that scar, given that Ran and the others known him to be Conan at that event. :/
TanteiRené
This pic says it all.

Post by TanteiRené »

Hey, guys!!! First post....WOO!!
Now down to business.

Mm'kay. A lot of good theories so far...I'll try to be simple (joining everything I've read!!)

1. Makoto is pretending to be Shinichi. He got plastic surgery or something, then mailed the real Shinichi. Makoto locked Conan inside the hut, thinking it was Shinichi, and ran off.

2. Conan gets out through the window and either hitting the water or Haibara's antidote knocks him senseless. He loses his memory.

3. Makoto hears the villagers freaking out about a body being found in the water so he changes back into his Shirigami outfit to check things out.
      The Shirigami deal? The legend has been around forever so Makoto re-created it. His purpose?  ??? I don't have the mental capacity to figure that one out, honestly. Why else does the criminal re-create a monster, but to kill or give a smokescreen. Anyway.

4. Shinichi really does have memory loss. (I personally like the "saving-his-own-butt" theory, myself.)

5. [Okay. From now on, real Shinichi is "Kudo" and fake Shinichi is "Makoto"!!]
Kudo tries to remember as much as he can from Makoto's room (with the huge pic of Shinichi on the wall) but fails. He just has to settle for gathering information.

6. The three detectives and Co. walk back to the hotel. Makoto, dressed as the Shirigami, is following them.
Kudo is attacked by Makoto when everyone else is asleep. Makoto takes Kudo's place and Kudo takes up the disguise of the Shirigami. Kudo doesn't know what's going on yet, so he decides to not blow Makoto's cover.

Ran is VERY superstitious, so of COURSE she would run blindly into the woods to beg the Shirigami for Shinichi's memory back. When she fell, Kudo of course made sure she was okay, bringing her back to the hut: he needed Heiji to find all the creepy pix. (And the evidence of his vandalism  ;D  Just kidding, but seriously. He needed to tell Heiji: "I got locked in here by someone and just barely got out!!")

7. Ran knows Makoto is not Kudo (at the end of 650), even if she hasn't aknowledged it yet. At first, I thought her (animosity? distance?) towards him was because he never really shows emotion on the the telephone. So, it was obviously very weird for her when he starts crying. I no longer think that. I trust her intuition...

One last thing (sorry about the long post!!). If my theory is right, Makoto is dang lucky Kudo had memory loss...

Please, pick this theory apart.  ;)
Rockon \m/>.<\m/

"Shinjitsu wa hitsomu hitotsu!"
Lovely

Post by Lovely »

Shakura wrote: ....  I can only think of it adhering to the scar Shinichi got when stabbed by Numabuchi back in volume 19 and seeing if he has the scar or not.  But I think only Heiji would know that Shinichi has that scar, given that Ran and the others known him to be Conan at that event. :/

I've skipped some a lot of episodes/chapters here and there, but I'm confused by this. A lot of people say that Conan should have a scar from that incident buuuuuut.... Conan wasn't really stabbed. I mean, he kinda was, but I don't think it even broke skin. How could one get a lifetime scar from that 0_o ? (Unless there's other chapters that say he has a scar which I missed. In which case, I apologize. )
Shakura

Post by Shakura »

Lovely wrote: I've skipped some a lot of episodes/chapters here and there, but I'm confused by this. A lot of people say that Conan should have a scar from that incident buuuuuut.... Conan wasn't really stabbed. I mean, he kinda was, but I don't think it even broke skin. How could one get a lifetime scar from that 0_o ? (Unless there's other chapters that say he has a scar which I missed. In which case, I apologize. )
Looking at it again, he was only nicked/grazed by it (though sometimes nicks/grazes leave scars, but they're barely noticeable).  That was just me making a crappy attempt at trying to connect the Omamori and the case somehow.  :P  Outside of using it just as a good luck charm, it didn't make any other sense to me (not that my idea held much water to begin with... ^^;).

Though the only scar that I think Shinichi would really have is from the gunshot wound he received in Desperate Revival.  Bullets do much more damage and remain pretty noticeable.
Last edited by Shakura on May 16th, 2008, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aluecard
yes it is true ~ for Alue

Post by Aluecard »

yup only way 2 tell if the fake or real one if he dont have the scare
1980-2011/3
R.I.P
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

Yes... It was the scar from Volumne 25/26 I was also thinking about. Like the policeman had to ask Shinichi to wear it as a charm and has then the opportunity to see wheater Shinichi has a scar or not. But looks like it has nothing to do with it!
"Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent!"
(Sherlock Holmes - A Case of Identity, Doyle)