Tracking Down the Manga

Discussion relevant to everyone's favorite "Phantom Thief" happens here.
FoxWingDrgn

Tracking Down the Manga

Post by FoxWingDrgn »

I managed to get a copy of vol 4 in German before it disappeared from amazon.com.
I don't know German very well but I can figure out what they're saying well enough. I've been trying to track down the other three books with no luck. I'm wondering if anyone else has any of the Kaito Kid manga.

I saw an old library copy of vol 1 for sale for $300 a while back but it seems like someone bought it since then, and a broke college student like me can't afford that. XP
There was also a rumor of a compilation book of parts of the manga and the kaito kid chapters of case closed back when the episode of Kaito Kid anime was first announced. I haven't heard a thing about it since. D=
Last edited by FoxWingDrgn on August 5th, 2010, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skyechan
Community Hero
"真実はいつも一つ!"

Re: Tracking Down the Manga

Post by skyechan »

I own Volumes 1-4 in Japanese. I managed to purchase them from Sasuga booksellers prior to their going out of business just recently. (Also I bought them in person at a convention maybe 2 years ago.)

That said, perhaps your best bet is a similar import bookseller OR using a service like http://shoppingmalljapan.com/ to purchase/bid on auctions on Yahoo!Japan.  (This is how I purchased Volumes 1-35 of Detective Conan Special.)  If you do happen to use an import service however just remember that although you may get the auction itself for cheap the shipping costs may be astronomical.  (I think the Special lot ran me $50 at least on shipping alone.)

Trick to finding what you want via the Yahoo auction site of course is to search using the Japanese title: ã
Last edited by skyechan on August 5th, 2010, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
FoxWingDrgn

Re: Tracking Down the Manga

Post by FoxWingDrgn »

Thanks. I'll check it out.