Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1103-110X

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Kor
Administrator

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1103-110X

Post by Kor »

So looks like the three characters on the cover that Gosho referred to are the Rum suspects trio.
Spoiler:
Maybe this'll be the important "1100 case" we were robbed of by Kaitou Kid.
Reader

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1103-110X

Post by Reader »

So FINALLY we will reach some solid conclusion (I hope) on the mystery that has fueled so many debates all these years. The last time the cover itself gave me the thrills was the FBI vs BO one. And now this. And considering this is going to be long case, I hope we get some good long flashbacks and not just that, but also a setup of the trio clash in the current timeline. So that we can have a good rum arc finale to accompany the movie release. Here's to hoping
Excited!
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spoilers for 1,103 are now out.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Full like has leaked.

Putting important plot points in spoiler boxes for those who want to know right ahead. Otherwise, wait for translation and don't open the box.
Spoiler:
. Conan has gone to a chess tournmaent where Shiratori is taking part. When Kogoro brings it up, Wakita remembers the death of Haneda Kouji
. Kuroda has also come to the tournament and comments to Wakasa that he feels like they've met in a similar tournament in the past (17 years ago, Wakasa was Amanda's bodyguard "Asaka")
. The case characters talk about a dead chess player who used amazing grace as ringtone, his good luck jinx
. The same melody rings out during the tournament
. Afterwards, one of the characters is annoyed over some email
. Someone shoots a bowgun arrow at a participant and when Kuroda and Conan try to find the attacker, they find another participant dead in the toilet stall, with a magazine and a horse piece keyholder (a gift from Kobayashi to Shiratori, who accidentally dropped it)
No break this week, File 1104 releases 12/7 (official release date)
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Reader

Post by Reader »

Thanks Spimer :)
Chess, A good luck jinx, a horse key holder gift, dead in a toilet stall... Many parallels already. And not to mention finally Rumi = Asaka was casually dropped in the first file itself. Hope Wakita makes an appearance even though there's less reason to order sushi now at the murder scene.
Rum on the file cover looks like he himself was not involved in the bruises on Khoji face, though of course it's still too early to tell. He has his left eye intact, which probably implies we shall get that much awaited flashback of him loosing it. But on a side note, he looks like a astrologer.
Shinji29

Post by Shinji29 »

Can't wait for this case to be adapted into anime. It'll happen in 2 years. BTW did Aoyama sensei said anything about conan ending, such as when it'll end, anywhere?
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

Reader wrote:
November 27th, 2022, 2:40 am
Thanks Spimer :)
Chess, A good luck jinx, a horse key holder gift, dead in a toilet stall... Many parallels already. And not to mention finally Rumi = Asaka was casually dropped in the first file itself. Hope Wakita makes an appearance even though there's less reason to order sushi now at the murder scene.
Rum on the file cover looks like he himself was not involved in the bruises on Khoji face, though of course it's still too early to tell. He has his left eye intact, which probably implies we shall get that much awaited flashback of him loosing it. But on a side note, he looks like a astrologer.
Well good observations and good points there being pointed out. I personally doubt that RUM caused Kohji's bruises if he were indeed a monster that could take on both Rumi plus Tsutomu. Kohji is at best a light-weighted fighter IF he has any combat abilities at all... Therefore it is hard for me to imagine who and what on-earth could have caused his bruises when he's surrounded by suspects who could one-hit kill him. ::)

I just also can'it figure out the sequence of events that could have happened for RUM to screw up..... Here's a crazy scenario that might not possibly have happened, which was RUM wearing a clown costume and pointing a gun towards both Kohji and Rumi who were eye-witness to a case he screwed up 17 years ago by having them both witness him kill Amanda... RUM demanding them to put on a show of fight to the death to entertain him; otherwise, he would shoot both of them dead! Rumi trying to save Kohji from dying from RUM by hitting him on the face trying to knock him out while praying RUM would think that he's dead from the face bruises... which explains why Kohji seem to be still alive while Kuroda arrived at the crime scene. While before their fight to the death, Kohji questioning Rumi whether she really wanted to kill him......................... Nah.............. can't possibly happen right? RUM being such a CRUEL person? lol.... ;D
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

No. Aoyama has always been vague about the ending of Conan. Apart from comments such as that he'd like it to end on a happy note or that he's written a draft of what it could be like.

But it's not going to end anytime soon.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

well i can only say that at least in youtube there is much more of a hype for discussions about this case ;D
some spoiler youtube links here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7lxAkAs4qs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uAFOvnqNVY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkWHCV2HDOY

too bad not much of a discussion going on in here ::)
Spoiler:
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Spoilers for 1,104 now out.
Break next week—we can expect 1,105 spoilers around December 15th.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

Well there is an interesting spoiler link concerning chapter 1104:
https://www.drcommodore.it/2022/12/02/d ... 4-spoiler/
Spoiler:
Well, in Kuroda's recollection regarding Amanda's death scene there is a chess board with a white knight chess piece placed some where in the middle with blood covering the eye and a watch placed surrounding the horse/knight chess piece. Anyone decipher what it could mean?
There's this wild speculation from my 2 cents: the blood is of the color Red and the horse/knight chess piece is Uma in Japanese while the watch echos with Rum's motto: Time is Money so if you pick the first letter of each clue then it spells RedUmaMoney~ RUM? ;D
Spoiler:
Reader

Post by Reader »

Interesting development indeed.
So Amanda was already dead when approached by Kuroda is confirmed (unless unless Kuroda was the one who killed her and set up the scene, but let's not get there shall we), and so is the fact that Kuroda cannot be Tsutomu (if there were any reservation in that regard since the last file), since we know Tsutomu was asked much later to look into the case. But then in the flashback shown previously, Tsutomu is asking Asaka aka Rumi to stay back, probably during a fight. So if those two instances are at different points in time, then we can safely assume, I think, that no fight took place between Rum and Asaka/Kuroda, or if it did, then it didnt result in his eye loss (Assuming Tsutomu was the reason with his finger jabbing technique which seems the most likely).

To mention the dying message... Now Amanda Hughes is American lady, I shall not expect her to come with Uma equal Horse stuff during her last few breaths. So it gets me thinking that the message must not have anything to do with Japanese wordplay of Kanji as is usually the case.
And then the last scene itself... Rum looking out, quite boldly, into what looks like a police car. If that is the case , then let me say Damn this is really what I have been waiting for! Else there is no reason for him to show his undisguised face out in the open.
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

Reader wrote:
December 4th, 2022, 1:26 pm
Interesting development indeed.
So Amanda was already dead when approached by Kuroda is confirmed (unless unless Kuroda was the one who killed her and set up the scene, but let's not get there shall we), and so is the fact that Kuroda cannot be Tsutomu (if there were any reservation in that regard since the last file), since we know Tsutomu was asked much later to look into the case. But then in the flashback shown previously, Tsutomu is asking Asaka aka Rumi to stay back, probably during a fight. So if those two instances are at different points in time, then we can safely assume, I think, that no fight took place between Rum and Asaka/Kuroda, or if it did, then it didnt result in his eye loss (Assuming Tsutomu was the reason with his finger jabbing technique which seems the most likely).

To mention the dying message... Now Amanda Hughes is American lady, I shall not expect her to come with Uma equal Horse stuff during her last few breaths. So it gets me thinking that the message must not have anything to do with Japanese wordplay of Kanji as is usually the case.
And then the last scene itself... Rum looking out, quite boldly, into what looks like a police car. If that is the case , then let me say Damn this is really what I have been waiting for! Else there is no reason for him to show his undisguised face out in the open.
Well, if i recall correctly it was said that Amanda's room was clean while Kohji's room was left a mess, which Haibara commented was "unlikely something that the B.O. would do." So if we assume that Amanda was indeed killed by the B.O. then it can be inferred that the crime scene must have been cleaned up, which matches with the fact that her room was indeed clean. If that were the case, then how can it be possible for the clue left behind by Amanda be true? Unless of course the B.O. deliberately left the clue without tampering it or perhaps the clue itself was set up by the B.O. to mislead investigation... Or... maybe the crime scene actually happened in Kohji's room instead?! On the other hand, Kohji's room was left a mess which could have been something that RUM or the B.O. screwed up since according to Haibara, they usually would clean up the crime scene, which they didn't. Therefore, either Kohji's room being a mess was something that was screwed up or it may be another deliberate set up by the B.O. to mislead investigations, which ever the more likely case it may be? ;D
Spoiler:
DCUniverseAficionado

1,105 spoilers are now out.

DC will be on break for 6 weeks until SS #10.
We can expect 1,106 spoilers around January 27th.