Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,100-1,102

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,100-1,102

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

​1,100 is out in its entirety already.
Spoiler:
It's a Kaitō Kid case, but Kanenori/Rum does make an appearance, showing up to make a delivery at the building where Kid is making his heist.
No break next week—we can expect 1,101 spoilers at around this time next week.

Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on October 7th, 2022, 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
HatiMMOS

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,100-1,10X

Post by HatiMMOS »

A quality chapter from Gosho, super interesting to read.

The "demon of the darkness" reference is associated with Wakasa.
The pirates' references continue with this new piece of jewelry, it should also be linked to Wakasa by the end of the chapter if that theory is true.
So the sci-fi stuff is real then, we shouldn't have doubted that after seeing what Curacao was capable of doing, it should be more than a camera that he has on his eye.
Spoiler:
Papa Akai: huh, it's been a while old man Rum, are you ready to get your right eye taken away with another jeet kune do blow?
Wakita: Amaterasu!
Papa Akai: wtf?
It's been a while since Kid was this stylish, episode 76 vibes. That jawline tho.
Spoiler:
9/10 for you Gosho. You should've added Kobayashi chan for a 10.
If Rum was truly impatient, why would he go through that pain of playing the role of a new character and waste time running around doing errands?
Spoiler:
Edogawa "The Cone" Conan
Thanks @bleu_calire
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

HatiMMOS wrote:
September 27th, 2022, 5:39 pm

The pirates' references continue with this new piece of jewelry, it should also be linked to Wakasa by the end of the chapter if that theory is true.
So the sci-fi stuff is real then, we shouldn't have doubted that after seeing what Curacao was capable of doing, it should be more than a camera that he has on his eye.
Spoiler:
Papa Akai: huh, it's been a while old man Rum, are you ready to get your right eye taken away with another jeet kune do blow?
It's been a while since Kid was this stylish, episode 76 vibes. That jawline tho.
Spoiler:
If Rum was truly impatient, why would he go through that pain of playing the role of a new character and waste time running around doing errands?

Well why is it that everyone decided to revert back to using spoiler blocks again? I thought the use of spoiler has been more open? ::)
Let's see, I'd say RUM's eyesight is indeed extraordinary if he felt Wakasa staring at him (with ill intentions?) from a window high above? Either that or maybe he sensed something like a B.O. trigger? ;D

And yes if RUM was truly impatient why did he wait so long to ask Conan about his new teacher whom he kept an eye on? Wouldn't he like jump on the first chance he has to ask about that? Or maybe like send someone to sneak into the school to do a more thorough investigation? Hmmph... :-\

So in this chapter we have another body double of a certain character, so what is the chance of being only one RUM yet having another body double for RUM? ;D
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

blackmoon wrote:
September 28th, 2022, 3:50 am
HatiMMOS wrote:
September 27th, 2022, 5:39 pm

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Well why is it that everyone decided to revert back to using spoiler blocks again? I thought the use of spoiler has been more open? ::)
Let's see, I'd say RUM's eyesight is indeed extraordinary if he felt Wakasa staring at him (with ill intentions?) from a window high above? Either that or maybe he sensed something like a B.O. trigger? ;D

And yes if RUM was truly impatient why did he wait so long to ask Conan about his new teacher whom he kept an eye on? Wouldn't he like jump on the first chance he has to ask about that? Or maybe like send someone to sneak into the school to do a more thorough investigation? Hmmph... :-\

So in this chapter we have another body double of a certain character, so what is the chance of being only one RUM yet having another body double for RUM? ;D
Or someone reported Kanenori about Rumi's habit of shooting glares at random one eyed strangers. Cause in that case we never saw Kanenori looking up and meeting Rumi's gaze, also it didn't seem that Rumi was glaring at Kanenori.

So it's entirely possible that the man who was at the camping ground reported this to Kanenori. Or someone else got this from the man in camping ground case and relayed it to kanenori.

So Iori/Kuroda could be Kanenori's ears and left eye on the ground.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Spoilers for 1,101 are now out.

No break next week—we can expect 1,102 spoilers at around this time next week.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
September 30th, 2022, 4:40 am
Spoilers for 1,101 are now out.

No break next week—we can expect 1,102 spoilers at around this time next week.
Hmm.... i some how suspect that Kaito Kid already stole and switched the crown when those "staff members" were doing the inspections and explaining the security measures... ::)

Also... what is so special with RUM's missing eye? I think according to the file he said things will be different if only he still had the other eye? :-\
Spoiler:
ryankun0903
Whodunit Fanatic

Post by ryankun0903 »

On a side note, is this the 1st time that Gosho uses this storytelling technique, where the end part was shown before the beginning of the story?
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

ryankun0903 wrote:
October 1st, 2022, 9:59 pm
On a side note, is this the 1st time that Gosho uses this storytelling technique, where the end part was shown before the beginning of the story?
Afaik there was another case. The Black Bunny club case. The first page had Amuro and Akai pointing guns at each other and then story starts 9 hours before this event.
HatiMMOS

Post by HatiMMOS »

ryankun0903 wrote:
The kogoro in the bathroom case?
Spoiler:
Edogawa "The Cone" Conan
Thanks @bleu_calire
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

ryankun0903 wrote:
Hmm... i wonder if file #945-947 counts? The cover page showed what happened at the end part ;D
On a side-note, I think the movie the Butterfly Effect also plays out the scenes with a similar storytelling technique except it starts with the middle of the story rather than the ending.
Spoiler:
DCUniverseAficionado

1,102 spoilers now out.

There will now be a 7 week break until SS#1—we can expect 1,103 spoilers around November 25th.
HatiMMOS

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,100-1,102

Post by HatiMMOS »

The community must be galvanized again!
It was 5 am here when I saw the spoilers,
Spoiler:
the dude scared the sh*t out of me XDDD bro chill you're two fingers close to kicking the bucket take it easy it's just a brat XDD

is that a crow already? probably not.
So, we are already in the BOSS arc huh? i wasn't expecting it to be that close honestly.
Spoiler:
Edogawa "The Cone" Conan
Thanks @bleu_calire
Shinji29

Post by Shinji29 »

Spoiler:
A falcon. Is he Haneda Yasuharu?
Haneda surname has the Kanji for wing.
Or is he Hakuba Saguru's father?
DCUniverseAficionado

Shinji29 wrote:
October 7th, 2022, 9:10 am
Spoiler:
Is he Haneda Yasuharu?
Spoiler:
I mean, Goshō could just be like, "yep, here's the BO boss, not even in shadow", but I think the probability of that is less likely than him being someone else and Goshō trying to get people to think he is the BO boss.

Though the question this all raises is... if one of these two old men we've seen lately (first the guy in the limo on oxygen, now this guy) is Yasuharu Haneda... then who's the other one?
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
October 7th, 2022, 9:43 am
Shinji29 wrote:
October 7th, 2022, 9:10 am
Spoiler:
Is he Haneda Yasuharu?
Spoiler:
I mean, Goshō could just be like, "yep, here's the BO boss, not even in shadow", but I think the probability of that is less likely than him being someone else and Goshō trying to get people to think he is the BO boss.

Though the question this all raises is... if one of these two old men we've seen lately (first the guy in the limo on oxygen, now this guy) is Yasuharu Haneda... then who's the other one?
I have a theory though. Both these two are boss suspects at the first glance but not really the boss if we take a deeper inspection.
The first man knew of Mary and Masumi's location, Mary being alive and the possible shrinking effects of APTX 4869. So he could be Yusuharu Haneda or someone Yusuharu relies on aka Momiji Ooka's grandfather.
The second man holds a hawk shaped crane, has Jirokichi like eyebrows, is simply mad at Conan taking the spotlight during Kid capture, all points to some old Suzuki patriarch. There is another possibility too that he is related to Saguru Hakuba as Hakuba too has a falcon named Watson.
But fun fact, the hissing sound that Itakura heard over the phone is produced by cats, falcons and ventilators. I think all this is a tease to make the readers identify these suspects as BO boss candidates.

I think this is pretty interesting that those so called boss candidates are more likely to be heads of Ooka/Haneda or Suzuki family who are pretty much parallel and challengers to Karasuma.