Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,094–1,096

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,094–1,096

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

1,094 spoiler pics are now out.
Spoiler:
Shinichi/Conan visits the hotel that Mary and Masumi are staying at.
No break next week—we can expect 1,095 spoilers around this time next week.
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on June 10th, 2022, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Yondakai

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,094–1,09X

Post by Yondakai »

Wow ! Sera likes black tea...such as Kuroda when he was first introduced.
I feel like the end of this arc is near 1100 file
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

A good case. It has a potential of some sort of info exchange. Conan now understands that he would need more allies against BO.

The case seems to be a pincer attack on Conan. On one hand he is running out of time on the other he needs to get the culprit.

The three suspects seems to have been the visitor in that room, the cleaning lady and the bellhop.
On the first glance it appears that the serial bombings are happening across hotels it is more likely that the visitor would be the culprit, but the bellhop/cleaning lady could also be the culprit if they were hopping hotels to evade suspicion.

The call seemed to have given the bellhop an alibi. So this could be a pre recorded automated call set up by the culprit. If that's the case the bellhop is the culprit cause it gives him an alibi.

Now the another interesting nugget is that in Masumi's room there were four cups. Two had teabags squished out by a spoon and two weren't. Now Conan confirmed that Masumi didn't do it.

So obviously it's Mary's work but the little fact lingers that there were four cups. Now would the mother and daughter had tea twice ? (They don't seem like people who bring out fresh sets instead of washing the used cups.)

So if there were two more people who had tea along with Mary and Masumi. Then they left and Masumi went out to lure Conan into a trap.

Then one of them has the same habit like Mary while the other don't have it.

Now I've two persons who are very likely to meet Mary and Masumi.

I think one of them is Kuroda, the other could either be Kohji's father or Sakakibara/Iori Muga
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

Anton-9 wrote:
June 2nd, 2022, 8:23 am
A good case. It has a potential of some sort of info exchange. Conan now understands that he would need more allies against BO.

The case seems to be a pincer attack on Conan. On one hand he is running out of time on the other he needs to get the culprit.

The three suspects seems to have been the visitor in that room, the cleaning lady and the bellhop.
On the first glance it appears that the serial bombings are happening across hotels it is more likely that the visitor would be the culprit, but the bellhop/cleaning lady could also be the culprit if they were hopping hotels to evade suspicion.

The call seemed to have given the bellhop an alibi. So this could be a pre recorded automated call set up by the culprit. If that's the case the bellhop is the culprit cause it gives him an alibi.

Now the another interesting nugget is that in Masumi's room there were four cups. Two had teabags squished out by a spoon and two weren't. Now Conan confirmed that Masumi didn't do it.

So obviously it's Mary's work but the little fact lingers that there were four cups. Now would the mother and daughter had tea twice ? (They don't seem like people who bring out fresh sets instead of washing the used cups.)

So if there were two more people who had tea along with Mary and Masumi. Then they left and Masumi went out to lure Conan into a trap.

Then one of them has the same habit like Mary while the other don't have it.

Now I've two persons who are very likely to meet Mary and Masumi.

I think one of them is Kuroda, the other could either be Kohji's father or Sakakibara/Iori Muga
Hmm... yeah an interesting case indeed I'll say. Now the question is, would this be a simple serial bombing case or could it be a potential B.O. case?
I mean why would any serial bomber target the hotels and send over a cipher to decipher unless the bomber has a grudge against those certain hotels... maybe those hotels that he/she worked for before and was kicked out? Then again RUM seems to like to play with ciphers, could it be the B.O. deliberately sending out ciphers and bombing the hotels to test the waters to see if the person with the intellect cough, cough to solve the cipher could be the person they are looking for and happens to live in that certain hotel? ::)

Well anyways... maybe it's just a simple bombing case, and who know who else had tea with Mary and Sera? ;D
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

Hmm... yeah an interesting case indeed I'll say. Now the question is, would this be a simple serial bombing case or could it be a potential B.O. case?
I mean why would any serial bomber target the hotels and send over a cipher to decipher unless the bomber has a grudge against those certain hotels... maybe those hotels that he/she worked for before and was kicked out? Then again RUM seems to like to play with ciphers, could it be the B.O. deliberately sending out ciphers and bombing the hotels to test the waters to see if the person with the intellect cough, cough to solve the cipher could be the person they are looking for and happens to live in that certain hotel? ::)

Well anyways... maybe it's just a simple bombing case, and who know who else had tea with Mary and Sera? ;D
BO potential is not something connects though. I really like your idea that BO is trying to fish out an intelligent person who could be hiding in hotels. One obvious choice seems Mary but that would mean that Vermouth have confessed her failure and the potential of the drug to Rum, which I don't think she can at any cost. Rum doesn't have another way to get there. So not Mary for sure.
The other one could be Rumi, that they are looking for to lure her out by sending codes. But that too seems a bit off as Rumi doesn't stay in a hotel.

I think in reality this case has potential of info exchange, Conan won't part with the antidote unless he gets some info on Kohji case from Mary. I think he will get the information of the shogi piece from Mary.
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

Anton-9 wrote:
June 2nd, 2022, 9:40 am

BO potential is not something connects though. I really like your idea that BO is trying to fish out an intelligent person who could be hiding in hotels. One obvious choice seems Mary but that would mean that Vermouth have confessed her failure and the potential of the drug to Rum, which I don't think she can at any cost. Rum doesn't have another way to get there. So not Mary for sure.
The other one could be Rumi, that they are looking for to lure her out by sending codes. But that too seems a bit off as Rumi doesn't stay in a hotel.

I think in reality this case has potential of info exchange, Conan won't part with the antidote unless he gets some info on Kohji case from Mary. I think he will get the information of the shogi piece from Mary.
Speaking of the Kohji case is there a consensus that the bodyguard Asaka really exists or just another false flag set up by the B.O.? I mean at least we know there's someone who's been posting stuff on the web about the Kohji case (assuming it's not done by Asaka but Mary instead) and the B.O. keeps taking all related info down... or there's another hypothesis saying that it's actually B.O. who was posting stuff about Kohji case and someone else taking the stuff down??? ??? I guess the truth about the Kohji case may actually have a bigger impact on what the shogi piece actually represents...
Well and assuming that there really were a bodyguard named Asaka that went missing after the Kohji incident I'm sure the B.O. would also be interested in sniffing him or her out.

Btw, why would Mary and Sera constantly switch hotels if they weren't worried about being seen or followed by someone? I mean if they're so sure that the B.O. is unaware that Mary is still alive then they don't need to hide at all right? Iori's habit of checking the surrounding tends to give out the impression of being paranoid of someone following him? ;D

Well just trying to be creative in trying to bring in the B.O. since the Kohji case also happened at a hotel... maybe I'm the one who is stretching too far here. 8-)
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

blackmoon wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 8:46 am

Speaking of the Kohji case is there a consensus that the bodyguard Asaka really exists or just another false flag set up by the B.O.? I mean at least we know there's someone who's been posting stuff on the web about the Kohji case (assuming it's not done by Asaka but Mary instead) and the B.O. keeps taking all related info down... or there's another hypothesis saying that it's actually B.O. who was posting stuff about Kohji case and someone else taking the stuff down??? ??? I guess the truth about the Kohji case may actually have a bigger impact on what the shogi piece actually represents...
Well and assuming that there really were a bodyguard named Asaka that went missing after the Kohji incident I'm sure the B.O. would also be interested in sniffing him or her out.

Btw, why would Mary and Sera constantly switch hotels if they weren't worried about being seen or followed by someone? I mean if they're so sure that the B.O. is unaware that Mary is still alive then they don't need to hide at all right? Iori's habit of checking the surrounding tends to give out the impression of being paranoid of someone following him? ;D

Well just trying to be creative in trying to bring in the B.O. since the Kohji case also happened at a hotel... maybe I'm the one who is stretching too far here. 8-)
Some very interesting points you've brought on to the table. So I'll discuss them one by one.

a) Not sure about any consensus but I can give you my take. At times I suspect that Rumi is the uploader and she most likely is not Asaka. Cause look at the Modus Operandi of the uploader, the uploader has seemingly avoided the existence of the shogi piece instead wants people to suspect Asaka and in a roundabout way Karasuma group. Now Mary has no rhyme or reason to hide the info about Shogi piece, given they are close to Kohji family this much must have been relayed to Tsutomu and Akai family for the sake of clarity during the investigation. This nicely fits with Rumi being the uploader (who will obviously hide the existence of the piece as it's irrelevant from her pov about the solution of the case and will only make her look like a murderer), also Rumi seems to be suspecting Asaka as well as Karasuma group.

b) I think Mary is paranoid, given how she was ambushed by Vermouth. So whenever the hotel they are staying in becomes some object of public discourse , she changes her hideout. Most likely paranoia.

c) Now this is a nice observation from you, that Iori is paranoid and in a way had been paranoid since he met Kuroda back in the day. Now there are two people in the current timeline who have the motive to stay close to the action regarding Kohji case while being paranoid about BO tailing them. One is Tsutomu, while the other probably is the non BO actor during Kohji case who failed to save Kohji and Amanda. Now Rumi isn't this person else she won't be targeting the non BO actor namely Asaka. Also Iori regrets about something for which he used the alias Sakakibara.
Combining these we can claim that Iori is either the non BO actor who failed to save Kohji and Amanda or he is Tsutomu. A corollary is whatever Iori is Kuroda isn't and whatever Kuroda is Iori isn't.
I think Kuroda=Tsutomu and Iori=Asaka is more likely than Iori=Tsutomu and Kuroda=Asaka.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

1,095 spoilers are now out.
Spoiler:
- Conan on the cover, thinking of two code cards
- Conan and Sera ask for help from Eri
- Conan, Sera, and Eri begin to investigate the hotel's staff and guests
- Mary is following up on the situation with them remotely

- When the three enter the suspect's room, Danji, they find a laptop, and Conan tries to check it but Danji looks panicked and kicks them out of the room.
- The chapter ends and there is a chapter for next week 1096
We can expect 1,096 spoilers around this time next week.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
ryankun0903
Whodunit Fanatic

Post by ryankun0903 »

Very good chance is that the bellhop is the culprit. If the call is prerecorded, he is the only one who interact with the call which means he knows how the call goes giving an impression that the bomber is watching nearby.
Mohamed Ebrahem

Post by Mohamed Ebrahem »

Is there a possibility that Eri is Yukiko in disguise while the unknown person is Yusaku ? in this case Rinzaki Danji is a novelist like yusaku While Eri looks like Yukiko in her actions , but i think it's a very low possibility ...... But the good possibility regarding the person referring to Mary's talk is Kuroda / Kohji's father
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

If I'm not wrong, then they are saying that someone was tailing Mary and Masumi during file 1096. That person is none other than the driver of the old man who appeared on 1090. They are also saying that the shadow man appears in file 1096.
HatiMMOS

Post by HatiMMOS »

Spoiler:
Anton-9 wrote:
June 9th, 2022, 11:24 am
That person is none other than the driver of the old man who appeared on 1090. They are also saying that the shadow man appears in file 1096.
That was totally unpredictable. With the current pace, there will surely be a BO case before the next movie comes out, we are talking about near climax shi*t and escalation.
So that old man knows Kuroda, Iori, and Mary, or they know him somehow but not personally. He must be a relevant character. Since Mary is part of the MI6, the guy can be an old big international or Japan-related criminal, mostly not tied to the BO.
Spoiler:
Edogawa "The Cone" Conan
Thanks @bleu_calire
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

HatiMMOS wrote:
June 10th, 2022, 4:50 am
Spoiler:
Anton-9 wrote:
June 9th, 2022, 11:24 am
That person is none other than the driver of the old man who appeared on 1090. They are also saying that the shadow man appears in file 1096.
That was totally unpredictable. With the current pace, there will surely be a BO case before the next movie comes out, we are talking about near climax shi*t and escalation.
So that old man knows Kuroda, Iori, and Mary, or they know him somehow but not personally. He must be a relevant character. Since Mary is part of the MI6, the guy can be an old big international or Japan-related criminal, mostly not tied to the BO.
Well there was a small hint that someone wearing grey trousers is following Masumi and Conan from file 1094. But during the last panel it is shown that the old man is looking directly at Mary and Masumi from a distance. So either he is Kohji's dad who likes to ensure that the mother daughter duo is alright or he is an acquaintance of Mary who wants APTX for himself.
DCUniverseAficionado

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,094–1,096

1,096 spoilers are out:

6 week break after this—we can expect 1,097 spoilers around July 22nd.
HatiMMOS

Post by HatiMMOS »

Anton-9 wrote:
June 10th, 2022, 7:46 am

Well there was a small hint that someone wearing grey trousers is following Masumi and Conan from file 1094. But during the last panel it is shown that the old man is looking directly at Mary and Masumi from a distance. So either he is Kohji's dad who likes to ensure that the mother daughter duo is alright or he is an acquaintance of Mary who wants APTX for himself.
I just can't imagine the deception when this old guy turns out to be the boss himself. If I was caught up with the manga before the end of 2017 I would have definitely denied all the Carasuma=Boss theories and would have probably struck them as a low-level move from Gosho. And after the seemingly shallow Rum reveal, I guess at least most people are accepting the fact that the new old man may be Carasuma. That for me will break the series' legacy. I started promising and ended up in a bad way.

I have full trust in Gosho; the Wakita=RUM has more hidden facts behind it and Anokata is an interesting male character who was once a good guy.
Spoiler:
Edogawa "The Cone" Conan
Thanks @bleu_calire