Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,091–1,093

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,091–1,093

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

1,091 spoiler pics are now out.
Spoiler:
The case will feature Shinichi/Conan, Shiho/Ai, Dr. Agasa & the DBs, Shūkichi & Yumi, Sumiko & Ninzaburo, and Naeko & Kazunobu.
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on April 30th, 2022, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Anton-9

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,091–1,09X

Post by Anton-9 »

Most likely another worthless case.
Reader

Post by Reader »

Anton-9 wrote:
April 8th, 2022, 11:45 am
Most likely another worthless case.
The silence in here speaks for itself ;)
But anyway, coming back to the file. It seems Gosho is trying something new here to freshen up instead of going the old route of DBs going camping and finding a murder. The cross dates or whatever that is has managed to amuse and perhaps made me curious as to where this is exactly heading. I know it's just a comedy gig, but we'll see.
As for the case itself, there's nothing interesting to talk about. Looks like a three partner once again.
So talking about the elephant in the room : the possible movie promotion. Right now, it does not seem to veer that way, but it is not impossible considering the errie similarity of the WPS gang with the new band mentioned in the case. But anyway.
Would say I am looking forward to what will happen between the couples instead of the murder, which to say for a detective series is...anyway.

SideNote: I won't mind if all of them breakup for a change ;)
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

Yes you're correct. Most likely it will involve Sato and Takagi as Yumi was directing Naeko to call them. Hence movie promotion.

The only possible plot thread could be Shukichi mentioning his father's strong sense of smell or the inspecting habit.

Regarding the the case it's again a how done it stuff. Cause the poisoning cases have one thing in common, whoever controls who eats what is generally the murderer.
It would be fun, but seems like Naeko, Shukichi and Kobayashi knew nothing about this.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

1,092 spoilers now out.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

The irony is that uselessness still continues. Only good part is Haibara and her antics.
HatiMMOS

Post by HatiMMOS »

It seems that Gosho can't come up with better scenarios other than "a murder in a restaurant" these days, probably because he is eating out so much while enjoying his long breaks :p
Overall, definitely no BO stuff after what we got from the last case. It's just a chill romance comedy case. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the "warm" side of their relationships since it seems that the case will have 0 action moments, so why not enjoy the whole thing.
That cliffhanger tho was funny xD I'm starting to think that the first thing that he thought of about this case is the cliffhanger and everything else came after that.
Spoiler:
Edogawa "The Cone" Conan
Thanks @bleu_calire
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

HatiMMOS wrote:
April 16th, 2022, 10:29 pm
It seems that Gosho can't come up with better scenarios other than "a murder in a restaurant" these days, probably because he is eating out so much while enjoying his long breaks :p
Overall, definitely no BO stuff after what we got from the last case. It's just a chill romance comedy case. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the "warm" side of their relationships since it seems that the case will have 0 action moments, so why not enjoy the whole thing.
That cliffhanger tho was funny xD I'm starting to think that the first thing that he thought of about this case is the cliffhanger and everything else came after that.
Absolutely. Pure and innocent case with 0 BO/other plot involved. In a way not bad.....the bigger question is what had been the reason for this supposed swap ?
HatiMMOS

Post by HatiMMOS »

Anton-9 wrote:
April 16th, 2022, 10:59 pm
Absolutely. Pure and innocent case with 0 BO/other plot involved. In a way not bad.....the bigger question is what had been the reason for this supposed swap ?
I think it's something to expect from Gosho.
Anyway, any new theories about the "new" old man in the car?
And what's the deal with the trend of Gosho giving mysterious characters old cars (Gin, Rum, Fusae, the "new old man")? The only reference to this topic that I remember from cases and interviews is a DB case of old car lovers ( around the 400s I think), which shows that Gosho thinks that: old cars= (vintage+prestige) which is a normal and a common conception. Maybe we can deduce something out of that or keep it as a note: The BO isn't this bunch of thugs controlled by 3 people but rather falls into the circle of Big Rich families with most of the stereotypes around them and he probably was inspired by real Big Criminal organization when the series started (like some sort of Italian "The Godfather" Mafia-type and their notoriety especially in the end of the last decade, just like how JoJo's Bizarre adventures' mangaka did with an arc about Italian Mobsters (Golden Wind) which was released in the late 90s. I didn't watch JoJo, it's just that my friends couldn't stop recommending that arc to me because they know I love these things xD, I don't know to what degree he went for them Jojo references xD. The Alcapone reference in the early "ORO Treasure Map Case" and the "City of Al Capone" in the James Black intro case is a clear indication to me that Gosho must have been admiring the mystery and the halo of those people). I still didn't have a conversation with anyone about this topic after 2 years of posting it, that's why you see me still keep bringing it up, that's the scope through which I see the manga currently; Everything french is related to Kaito Kid and his world, and the BO world must be connected to some Chicago/Sicilian Italian family. And the ultimate analogy would be that the BO would have played the "Sicilian defense" against other Big Families or the different entities of the show if we consider the DC world as a giant chessboard ( and that's some next-level speculation XD better bring them wild speculations here since Gosho is speaking shogi and stratégies and I kinda like chess)
Spoiler:
Edogawa "The Cone" Conan
Thanks @bleu_calire
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

HatiMMOS wrote:
April 17th, 2022, 11:49 am
Anton-9 wrote:
April 16th, 2022, 10:59 pm
I think it's something to expect from Gosho.
Anyway, any new theories about the "new" old man in the car?
And what's the deal with the trend of Gosho giving mysterious characters old cars (Gin, Rum, Fusae, the "new old man")? The only reference to this topic that I remember from cases and interviews is a DB case of old car lovers ( around the 400s I think), which shows that Gosho thinks that: old cars= (vintage+prestige) which is a normal and a common conception. Maybe we can deduce something out of that or keep it as a note: The BO isn't this bunch of thugs controlled by 3 people but rather falls into the circle of Big Rich families with most of the stereotypes around them and he probably was inspired by real Big Criminal organization when the series started (like some sort of Italian "The Godfather" Mafia-type and their notoriety especially in the end of the last decade, just like how JoJo's Bizarre adventures' mangaka did with an arc about Italian Mobsters (Golden Wind) which was released in the late 90s. I didn't watch JoJo, it's just that my friends couldn't stop recommending that arc to me because they know I love these things xD, I don't know to what degree he went for them Jojo references xD. The Alcapone reference in the early "ORO Treasure Map Case" and the "City of Al Capone" in the James Black intro case is a clear indication to me that Gosho must have been admiring the mystery and the halo of those people). I still didn't have a conversation with anyone about this topic after 2 years of posting it, that's why you see me still keep bringing it up, that's the scope through which I see the manga currently; Everything french is related to Kaito Kid and his world, and the BO world must be connected to some Chicago/Sicilian Italian family. And the ultimate analogy would be that the BO would have played the "Sicilian defense" against other Big Families or the different entities of the show if we consider the DC world as a giant chessboard ( and that's some next-level speculation XD better bring them wild speculations here since Gosho is speaking shogi and stratégies and I kinda like chess)
Yes, there are some cool theories going on.

1) The old man could be real Kuroda. Reader suggested this.

2) That sound of a ventilator. IIRC the Itakura case had a mention of a woman talking about ``Raising the dead`` and then the sound of a cat's cry in the background got louder. So one possible clue would be that the cat's cry was there and got louder when Vermouth made that remark which almost revealed BO's goals. Now if Karasuma was there when Vermouth was making the call then he would possibly get agitated at Vermouth's slip of tongue. Hence the exasperation and coming close to Vermouth to order her to cut the call.

Now both of these look interesting to me. I too have an interpretation, that man might not be Kohji's dad.

a) People don't bother about a cop car when they see one not in their neighbourhood. The driver was seemingly inquisitive of the presence of the cop car. Generally this indicates that the driver and the owner both live around Kyoto, cause people get inquisitive when they see a cop car in their neighbourhood.

b) The old man's reply also looks off. If the driver was just asking, ``why are they here?`` the possible answer would be on the lines of increased crime, failure of the administration, lack of public morals etc. But the guy drove the point by stating, ``Ignore them, they are stupid.`` In a way this point somehow allays the fear of the driver about the presence of cops. It can be interpreted as, ``They are too stupid to come after us. Ignore them.``

These two points hints towards a fugitive and not a snappy victim who had been denied justice.

So if the real Kuroda was a corrupt cop who faked his death to get out from the eyes of the law, then it makes sense. Possibly the current Kuroda is someone with a great record, who for some reason can't use his original identity.

It also makes better sense if the guy is Karasuma and he is just telling his driver to keep calm.

So either a random bad guy related to plot. (Real Kuroda)/the big bad.(Karasuma)

Regarding the cat's crying noise...
https://www.fundacion-affinity.org/en/d ... -cat-makes

Sound 3/Sound 6 are pretty close to breathing sounds.

Though not much but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRauFpkGYQk can act as some reference.
DCUniverseAficionado

1,093 spoilers are now out.
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

The case got resolved. Had 0 BO/Kohji plot in it.
DCUniverseAficionado

Update—we can expect 1,094 spoilers on around May 27th.
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

Hmm... well it is an interesting chapter tbh although too bad no cross-over happened ;D
If one really tries to force an over-analysis on this chapter then maybe... since it contained a twist of something potentially being bad (cross-over) turning out to be not really so (just some misunderstanding) then could it be a foreshadow for something similar to happen in future chapters? ::) Hmm... too bad we really are going to delay any significant reveal concerning the mystery around Rumi. ;)
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
HatiMMOS

Post by HatiMMOS »

blackmoon wrote:
April 30th, 2022, 8:19 am
Hmm... well it is an interesting chapter tbh although too bad no cross-over happened ;D
:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
blackmoon wrote:
April 30th, 2022, 8:19 am
If one really tries to force an over-analysis on this chapter then maybe... since it contained a twist of something potentially being bad (cross-over) turning out to be not really so (just some misunderstanding) then could it be a foreshadow for something similar to happen in future chapters?
The chapter just reminds us of how Gosho can pay a lot of attention to some small details. The ones related to the main plot and sprinkled in the previous and current arc would be hard to find.
I am 100% sure that Gosho has left us all the hints necessary to solve the Haneda Kohji murder case in various cases in the RUM arc. It just feels that Gosho have the mind to do these type of things.
Spoiler:
Edogawa "The Cone" Conan
Thanks @bleu_calire