Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,088-1,090

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,088-1,090

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

1,088 spoiler pics are out.

Arabic text spoilers:
Spoiler:
"On the cover, Conan eats a lollipop and grabs another blood-stained lollipop

The beginning of the chapter Ran and Kazuha leave a restaurant and are waiting for Iori, who takes them in the car

Conan, Mori and Heiji are in one of the houses with the suspects, and Momiji enters them, and then Kuroda also enters them

Everyone is eating pizza

The victim eats a lollipop and goes

The victim's room is locked, so Heiji has to use an external ladder to discover the crime through the window"
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on March 16th, 2022, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Anton-9

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,088-1,0XX

Post by Anton-9 »

OMG. This means Momiji has removed the girls from a potential crime scene and is working to solve some case and Kuroda is also there.
I think more revelations about the plot is incoming.
Reader

Post by Reader »

KURODAAAA!!!

Long time.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

No break next week—we can expect 1,089 spoilers at about this time next week.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

I like this format of breaks between cases and no breaks during cases. I just wish the breaks between cases were slightly shorter. 3 weeks was good.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

Good to hear that there's no break next week. The Scotch case from last year really dragged it way too much.
HatiMMOS

Post by HatiMMOS »

The case looks super promising. I would have been satisfied if it was only a Momiji case, but Gosho was like " Naaaaaaah~~, throw that Kuroda guy in there!". The previous cases were enjoyable overall, to me at least, but this one has a special taste. I'm not expecting a BO plot progression, just seeing the old faces interacting with the other characters feels extremely good enough.

And wait, what was Iori Smuga referring in the 7th page? What are your thoughts? A cheap trick from Gosho, or ...?

Well, Kuroda is back in town now, and that may mean that there will be a Kuroda vs BO moment in the next BO clash. Gosho is still not done with the build-up yet. There is general pessimism that reigns over the community these days, especially after the "promotional cases", but let's not forget that the next BO clash may be the fruit of more than 8 years (or 14 ;) ) of building up and hinting and what god knows what Gosho was concocting all these years; The idea itself is sufficient for me to always look forward to the main story avidly regardless of some setbacks ( *cough*...Rum reveal... *cough*). The story can still need more time to come up with the BIG RUM arc ending, but that shouldn't stop us from enjoying the normal cases, especially when believing that the general story is in safe hands.

What's left from my DC neurons (exactly 2 of them are left) tells me that the pizza delivery guy was not introduced in there without a motive.
Let's sit back and watch what will happen. And congrats on the Kuroda appearance case xD
Spoiler:
Edogawa "The Cone" Conan
Thanks @bleu_calire
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

Well after reading it I too have the same opinion. But the point about Muga, this could mean that Muga possibly knows how good Kuroda is at the job.
Meaning Muga knows a lot about Kuroda.
The question is does Kuroda also know a lot about Muga ?
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Yeah, I actually enjoyed the humor and the character interactions of this chapter. I've seen a lot of criticism of the case for being "filler" and I'm always astounded that many still don't seem to understand what Conan is first about after over 100 volumes. I do hope we get a longer case (at least 5 chapters) soon though. I kind of miss those classics.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

Also I liked how Momiji smartly got rid of Ran and Kazuha. In a way how adults distract kids from annoying them by giving them a candy.
CrimsonGenius

Post by CrimsonGenius »

Spoiler:
Iori might be Tsutomu in disguise, he looks very similar
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

Spoiler:
I think Kuroda's job in Kyoto was to meet with Ayanokoji-Keibu. Cause, most likely he is looking for Shinichi. That time when Shinichi came to Kyoto and got entangled in that movie actor's murder case, Ayanokoji and the Kyoto PD work with Shinichi.
Reader

Post by Reader »

I think Iori is referring to Heiji and there's nothing too deep into it.
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

I don't think so. How people in the manga consider detectives as grim reapers, I doubt that Iori would consider Heiji as more reliable than him regarding protection of Momiji.
Also the first division superintendent is bound to be a very reliable protector than the detective who continuously gets involved in murder cases.
HatiMMOS

Post by HatiMMOS »

Reader wrote:
March 5th, 2022, 9:53 pm
I think Iori is referring to Heiji and there's nothing too deep into it.
That's more likely than him referring to Kuroda, or he might even be referring to a character that is yet to be introduced in the final chapter of the case.
If that's the case, then that's a good screenplay and storyboarding from Gosho; feeding on the hunger of readers to create additional hype out of nothing. That's why he shouldn't be compared to other mangakas, though he has the advantage of having independent cases and he could freely adjust each one of them to his vision, especially with the relatively long breaks. But still, the output is * chef's kiss* lovely.

Or he could even reveal that Iori was referring to someone else in the final chapter, and then shows to us that he reacts to seeing Kuroda implying that he knows him somehow. I'm not raising my expectation at this point, we got used to his tricks, right? xD
Spoiler:
Edogawa "The Cone" Conan
Thanks @bleu_calire