Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,079-1,081

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,079-1,081

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

1,079 spoiler pics now out.
Spoiler:
So far, Shiho/Ai, Rei/Bourbon, Satō & Takagi, and Azusa have appeared. Date appears in Takagi's flashback.
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on October 22nd, 2021, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
DC1

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,079-1,08X

Post by DC1 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 4:54 pm
Spoiler:
So far, Shiho/Ai, Rei/Bourbon, Satō & Takagi, and Azusa have appeared. Date appears in Takagi's flashback.
Spoiler:
Is it BO related?
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

DC1 wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 11:22 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Is it BO related?
Spoiler:
From what I gather, a kid gets kidnapped, and Takagi and Satō are on the case, with Rei/Bourbon, Azusa and Shiho/Ai appearing as well. At some point, Takagi has a flashback to a conversation he had with Date. So, at the very least, it is not yet a BO story. But with Bourbon and Shiho/Ai in the case, it has the potential to turn into one quickly. My bet is that it'll have the usual stinger at the end of the case.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
DC1

Post by DC1 »

October 9th, 2021, 8:44 pm
DC1 wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 11:22 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Is it BO related?
Spoiler:
From what I gather, a kid gets kidnapped, and Takagi and Satō are on the case, with Rei/Bourbon, Azusa and Shiho/Ai appearing as well. At some point, Takagi has a flashback to a conversation he had with Date. So, at the very least, it is not yet a BO story. But with Bourbon and Shiho/Ai in the case, it has the potential to turn into one quickly. My bet is that it'll have the usual stinger at the end of the case.
Oh nice
Spoiler:
Hopefully we'll get some progress on the story.
HatiMMOS

Post by HatiMMOS »

Spoiler:
Arigato.

I've just read the chapter, it was good, we had a bit of everything. I wasn't hyped about the case when I saw the spoilers but it turned out to be super interesting.
Spoiler:
The Date - Takagi & Sato- Amuro is what Gosho's focusing on this chapter, promoting for the 25th movie ofc *coughs*, and added a very interesting Haibara-Amuro link; there is the Fusae hat and the way he looked at her when she started talking too much, that's where our little important plot dev at the end of the chapter will come from.

The huge thing we TOTALLY underlooked in the last case is that Haibara will be alone now because Agasa will be staying in the hospital, I never saw anyone pointing that out. Agasa's house is a key place for current events, especially from a "Rum chan theory" point of view ( Yes, I'm still going with it) and this information I believe can be the most important thing we can possibly get in this case if Agasa will stay long enough to last for 3 cases or more in the hospital. That reminds me of when Haibara was sick and Jodie and "Araidi" came to check on her, the potential calm before the storm. Or just that Agasa will have a prompt recovery and won't be back until Amuro has known something from Haibara that can be triggered by the Fusae cap or something and everything is going to end in the current case.

The spotlight is on Amuro now. Let's see what's he's up to.
Spoiler:
Edogawa "The Cone" Conan
Thanks @bleu_calire
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Looks like a decent start. Hopefully a longer case that delivers as this year has been quite disappointing so far.

Also, apologies, I wish I could pin your thread and unpin the older ones, but I don't have the power to do it.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

DCUniverseAficionado

Spoiler:
I do think it's interesting that when the criminal at the beginning of the file charged Shiho/Ai, shouting "move!" she thought of Gin saying the exact same words... meaning there's a moment in her past where he was rushing towards her and demanded she step aside. Wonder if we're going to see that moment play out down the line in flashback.

And speaking of Gin, pics just showed up on tieba baidu confirming he's the keyhole character for Volume 100. Worth noting that Goshō once said he was, in terms of keyhole characters, he was saving Gin and Conan—now he's used Gin. I honestly didn't expect him to be the character for Volume 100—I thought it would've been Korn, or even Rum's face rather than his Wakita face.
HatiMMOS

Post by HatiMMOS »

Spoiler:
October 15th, 2021, 1:26 am

I do think it's interesting that when the criminal at the beginning of the file charged Shiho/Ai, shouting "move!" she thought of Gin saying the exact same words... meaning there's a moment in her past where he was rushing towards her and demanded she step aside. Wonder if we're going to see that moment play out down the line in flashback.
Oh, I didn't see it that way honestly. I think it doesn't have something to do with the past, it's with the future, like a "foreshadowing", not that she will forcefully meet him again soon ( crossing fingers for that case in November-December), It's just a way to show that she is very insecure about herself now that she is alone in the house. It only suggests to me that "Agasa staying in the hospital" 's effect is not only valid for this case ( crossing fingers again for that case in November-December)
October 15th, 2021, 1:26 am
And speaking of Gin, pics just showed up on tieba baidu confirming he's the keyhole character for Volume 100. Worth noting that Goshō once said he was, in terms of keyhole characters, he was saving Gin and Conan—now he's used Gin. I honestly didn't expect him to be the character for Volume 100—I thought it would've been Korn, or even Rum's face rather than his Wakita face.
Gin's Keyhole:
Spoiler:
That's gotta be the coolest keyhole from the 100 volumes. Totally deserved, it fits, we don't want Korn's ugly face on volume 100 for promotion. Both the cover and the keyhole look gorgeous.
I don't think that Gosho is going to end the series without giving Korn a keyhole, so we are to expect events where Korn is important in it, maybe revealing a secret or an old task related to Rum for example.
Spoiler:
Edogawa "The Cone" Conan
Thanks @bleu_calire
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Spoiler:
I have to say I really like the volume 1 reference using Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock Holmes from the BBC series.
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

DCUniverseAficionado

Wakarimashita wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 5:41 am
Spoiler:
I have to say I really like the volume 1 reference using Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock Holmes from the BBC series.
Spoiler:
Yeah, I suppose the inclusion of his portrayal tracks more than the Rathbone, Brett or Downey, Jr. portrayals—those 3 are Meiji Holmes and Cumberbatch is Heisei Holmes. (I think Volume 1 Keyhole Holmes was a bit too nonspecific to reference either Rathbone or Brett in particular)

Also, 1,080 spoiler pics have dropped.
The abducted kid is rescued, and that's how the file ends.
DC1

Post by DC1 »

October 15th, 2021, 7:45 pm
Wakarimashita wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 5:41 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yeah, I suppose the inclusion of his portrayal tracks more than the Rathbone, Brett or Downey, Jr. portrayals—those 3 are Meiji Holmes and Cumberbatch is Heisei Holmes. (I think Volume 1 Keyhole Holmes was a bit too nonspecific to reference either Rathbone or Brett in particular)

Spoiler:
Wait what, so fast? The case is over? No BO related plot? Where's the Gin & Sherry plot? I thought they're going to do it with the hint
Reader

Post by Reader »

Having read 1079, seems decent-ish case this time. And no murder once again. And at the looks of it, this case might turn out to be a simple chase the culprit case.
DC is full of coincidences is proved yet again, Takagi chances upon Date's code in the notebook just when Conan is around, because hey, they couldn't solve it by themselves anyway. And about Haibara's paranoia now and then, there might be more to it. And all these dead officers being mentioned in the recent cases, don't know what to say, is Gosho genuinely trying to resolve their plot points or simply feeding the movie hype.
HatiMMOS

Post by HatiMMOS »

An observation from a fan @liloo_chan on Twitter:
Bourbon mentioned the name "Date" in front of Sato and Takagi knowing that the last time Sato, Takagi, and the DB uttered his name was just before entering the shop.

A mistake? Or is it on purpose? If it is on purpose, then what can draw out of that? My take is that he knows that he is under surveillance (Wakita) and he is being alert to what's going on in front of Poirot, bugs maybe. Tho it's most likely a mistake, but Sato mentioning Date before entering Poirot makes it look suspicious.
Reader wrote:
October 16th, 2021, 1:34 pm
DC is full of coincidences is proved yet again, Takagi chances upon Date's code in the notebook just when Conan is around, because hey, they couldn't solve it by themselves anyway.
Yeah, we got used to it, that's what makes DC far from being perfect.
Reader wrote:
October 16th, 2021, 1:34 pm
And about Haibara's paranoia now and then, there might be more to it. And all these dead officers being mentioned in the recent cases, don't know what to say, is Gosho genuinely trying to resolve their plot points or simply feeding the movie hype.
Touché.
Spoiler:
Edogawa "The Cone" Conan
Thanks @bleu_calire
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

DC1 wrote:
October 16th, 2021, 9:12 am
October 15th, 2021, 7:45 pm
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Wait what, so fast? The case is over? No BO related plot? Where's the Gin & Sherry plot? I thought they're going to do it with the hint
Well... the kidnapper actually escaped at the end of 1080 and there seem to imply that more than 1 child was kidnapped, so it could mean that the case is still far from being over? It may or may not bridge across a new case related to this one. Sorry I do not use spoiler here since i don't think it's that much of a secret. :P
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Could be. It was already the case (no pun intended) last year with files 1058-1060 followed by files 1061-1066. And we're 5 files behind the 20 or so chapters we've been getting every year since 2019.