Page 1 of 1
Poll: Manga Discussions and Spoilers
Posted: November 27th, 2016, 3:43 am
by Kor
I want to get some feedback on this from you people, and not just registered users but also lurkers ('sup lurkers!)
Please answer this poll:
http://www.strawpoll.me/11743534 (note: it's only about Detective Conan)
A long long time ago (...3 years ago...?) we basically had 2 threads for every manga case discussion: one where people can post spoilers, and one which was spoiler free and you weren't allowed to post spoilers at all and you could only talk about the file once there was an English translation available. I don't know if this is a system worth reviving, especially when the number of users who discuss stuff is smaller nowadays, but at least I want to know where the community stands as a whole about spoilers vs no spoilers.
Re: Manga Discussions and Spoilers
Posted: November 27th, 2016, 4:03 am
by Tantei San
Since I only joined the forum 3-4 months ago i don't know about what was 3 years ago. And tbh i find the current to be fine. But that's my opinion so it really doesnt matter
Re: Poll: Manga Discussions and Spoilers
Posted: November 27th, 2016, 7:31 am
by Nemomon
I read the spoilers. By the time an English translation will be available I willl forget everything or almost everything I read in the spoilers.
In fact I think that perhaps we should not use a Spoiler BBCode at all, because from what I noticed always the same people comment the chapter before it is available in English and after it is, therefore it doesn't look that the Spoiler BBCode is even needed and/or useful. Lurkers can always lurk some other topics.
Re: Poll: Manga Discussions and Spoilers
Posted: November 27th, 2016, 2:08 pm
by ATEM
I think that most of the people who visit the story discussion thread are the ones who don't want to wait for the chapter to be released in English and also the thread is named by the chapter's number so for myself I didn't find a meaning for the usage of the spoiler box in a thread it's title obviously shows that it's a spoiler specially that english translations isn't uploaded here anymore , however I joined not long after english translations has stopped in the forum and I was able to understand the previous system when I read some older threads , it's just my own opinion though keeping the same system or using spoiler box isn't that issue
Re: Poll: Manga Discussions and Spoilers
Posted: November 27th, 2016, 2:15 pm
by Swagnarok
Well, it looks like the verdict is in.
Re: Poll: Manga Discussions and Spoilers
Posted: November 27th, 2016, 2:31 pm
by Kor
Swagnarok wrote:Well, it looks like the verdict is in.
So far there's no real verdict, only a statistic. If there's any change in the way we do things here, we'll let you know that if or when we decide to change them.
Re: Poll: Manga Discussions and Spoilers
Posted: November 27th, 2016, 5:10 pm
by Themaninarmor
ATEM wrote:I think that most of the people who visit the story discussion thread are the ones who don't want to wait for the chapter to be released in English and also the thread is named by the chapter's number so for myself I didn't find a meaning for the usage of the spoiler box in a thread it's title obviously shows that it's a spoiler specially that english translations isn't uploaded here anymore , however I joined not long after english translations has stopped in the forum and I was able to understand the previous system when I read some older threads , it's just my own opinion though keeping the same system or using spoiler box isn't that issue
I agree with him...