Mystery Poll: Poll #37

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: Week #3

Post by Kor »

Forgot to explain what I voted for in the former poll.
Voted for Akai's mother. I actually hope I'm wrong there, because it would be super convenient that we get yet another survivor of this killing drug, and we don't really need another shrunken persona (especially when we still have Haibara who hasn't revealed all of what she knows). Not to mention, if it's Akai's mother, it'd turn this series even more into the "Akai Family Show".
However, given all the (supposed) hints we've been getting that it is a shrunken person, and she is related to Sera, I voted for the mother option.
AwD4869

Post by AwD4869 »

I'd like to vote that they all have british connections except for Rum. I can't be sure for now but it's a possibility. Since the arcs seems to cross there is certainly a link between them.
KuwabaraTheMan

Post by KuwabaraTheMan »

I'm guessing both Sera and the mystery girl. Sera's had a couple of hints that would suggest she has a connection, and that makes a mystery girl connection also likely via association. I don't see anything really connecting Bourbon or Rum to Britain.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

KuwabaraTheMan wrote:I'm guessing both Sera and the mystery girl. Sera's had a couple of hints that would suggest she has a connection, and that makes a mystery girl connection also likely via association. I don't see anything really connecting Bourbon or Rum to Britain.
Jd- made this thread that has some things that might relate Bourbon to the UK: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12324
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

I have a feeling we caught on to Bourbon's Britishness way earlier than Gosho intended. If one of his classic misdirection clues comes up that even remotely mentions it or anything tangentially related, I'll personally consider us well on that road.
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: Week #4

Post by Kor »

Fourth poll is up

Apologies for the delay.
bluekaitou1412
Community Phantom
Indie artist. Likes books and all things Haibara.

Post by bluekaitou1412 »

He's a red herring!
unclesporkums
The one you'd never suspect...

Post by unclesporkums »

Agreed. They're making him way too suspicious.
"Let's decide once and for all, Vermouth! No more hide-and-seek!!" - Conan Edogawa

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/unclesporkums?feature=mhee
Deviantart: http://drmuttonchops3.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://unclesporkums.tumblr.com/
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Voted "He's another some sort of an agent who will fight against the BO eventually". I also think he's yet another one of Gosho's red herrings. Could be a nice change of pace if he truly is Rum, buuuuuut I don't see Gosho changing his ways, so until we get some evidence on the contrary, red herring agent it is.

EDIT: Also, he may have some connections to Amuro, but considering he's been in a coma for years, he probably doesn't know about him, and their only connection is their line of work.
unclesporkums
The one you'd never suspect...

Post by unclesporkums »

Kor wrote:Voted "He's another some sort of an agent who will fight against the BO eventually".
Same here.
"Let's decide once and for all, Vermouth! No more hide-and-seek!!" - Conan Edogawa

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/unclesporkums?feature=mhee
Deviantart: http://drmuttonchops3.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://unclesporkums.tumblr.com/
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

I almost went to the red herring option but for some reason decided to go with the not-real-Kuroda-actually-Rum... Probably because I made the theory(with many other people) when I first read the Woodpecker case. So there.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
KuwabaraTheMan

Post by KuwabaraTheMan »

He's definitely not a bad guy, but I don't think he's an 'ordinary superintendent' either. His knowledge of Conan is pretty particular, and he seems like a very sharp guy. He could wind up fighting the BO eventually, but I don't think that's necessarily his current goal. He's a long term character for sure. I went for something else mostly because my thoughts on him don't neatly fit in with any of the current choices.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Hmm... Maybe he's not the real Kuroda but Rum.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

I'm just being needlessly optimistic and going with the second choice ("He's Rum"). Gosho has lost me if he goes with the third option--that would mean a Black Organization member is now impersonating a guy with the name KUROda. Kuroda! Nope. I don't think even Gosho is going to do something like that. Please, no! (He totally is, isn't he?)
AwD4869

Post by AwD4869 »

Well with this case's end. What can I say ? Kuroda is maybe not a red herring after all...