Mystery Poll: Poll #37

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: Week #2

Post by Kor »

Second poll is up

If you like you can continue debating on the topic of the last poll. Though it looks like people had enough of that, so on to the next topic.
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

I'm going with definitely shrunken, but none of the above.
3DS FC: 4699-5851-2068
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
KuwabaraTheMan

Post by KuwabaraTheMan »

I'm going with Sera's mother. The biggest reason I think she's Sera's mother as opposed to someone unrelated is the shogi case, which hints at her having some connection with Shuukichi. Assuming he is the middle brother, that would indicate a relationship there (and Sera supposedly doesn't have any other relations aside from her mother, although that could easily be another lie).
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

for now I'm just going to have to vote the mother, there really isn't as much information as we would want. Information on the MG so far would be:

possible information for biological relation
>Masumi says that her mother had large breasts (past tense), meaning they aren't large now, implying shrinking??
>eyes and similar hair shape

As for shrinking there is
>"had" large breasts
>authoritative tone when talking to Masumi

And then extra stuff
>the girl seems to be British in some way, some of the British qualities seemed to have rubbed off on Masumi, indicating that they have spent some time together and their meeting is NOT a recent thing
>"Sister from outside the domain" - we still don't really know the meaning of this, didn't know which category to add it to since the "sister" part may not mean literal biological relationship.
>doesn't seem to fully trust in Conan, even though Masumi does. Even the "middle bro" seemed to have some faith in Conan concerning the case Masumi texted him about.

Anything that I missed?
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

The past tense regarding the mother could also indicate that she's dead. There's obviously nothing to support this yet, but it is another possibility.
I might wake up early and go running. I also might wake up and win the lottery. The odds are about the same.
rocketpropelledbear
Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you

Post by rocketpropelledbear »

For starters, the uncanny resemblance shared between the child and Masumi is just way too much to ignore, they are definitely blood related. The child is NOT male, just look at the choice of her voice actor and the fact that she was drawn with an obviously feminine figure in the anime (the anime most likely would want to avoid directing contradicting the canon, they obviously consulted the author beforehand). So we can rule out the middle brother, the middle brother is unlikely anyway since his view on the reliability of Conan contradict with the child's. I doubt the child is shruken Elena, Elena appeared in flashback before and the child does not resemble the Elena, Aoyama's characters' appearances generally do not change much from child to adult. I personally feel that the child resembles Ai a bit, but that probably has more to do with the drawing style, even if they are related it does not necessarily mean the child is Elena. The child spoke in an authoritative tone as if she was more senior than Masumi, from all these I infer that the child is Masumi's senior shrunken relative (I am pretty sure about this)

Masumi mentioned her mom was well endowed, emphasise on the past tense, it might mean either the mother died or was no longer well endowed (because she shrank). A well endowed person usually develops early, in the anime at least the child looked rather developed for her apparent age, I am placing my bet that the child is Masumi's mother. I choose not to use the child and Subaru's shared interest in Shukichi Haneda as supporting argument, there's always a possibility Shukichi is a giant red herring for the identity of the middle brother.
The Science of Deduction-'Sherlock Scan' on Sera and more
Spoiler: This is Detective Conan's ending
Mizuumi wrote:Image

Kogoro: "My Gosh.. I killed Conan"
Spoiler: my favourite scene that is not in the anime
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

I'm going with the Mother... Theory is that she and Masumi are on a duo trip to avenge their father. The MG seems extremely smart and I guess her being sick could be that she's one of the people who aren't "compatible" with the APTX.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote: >"Sister from outside the domain" - we still don't really know the meaning of this, didn't know which category to add it to since the "sister" part may not mean literal biological relationship.
There's also how CR subbed that line ("tell him I'm his sister from..."). Technically they were incorrect because there was no specific determiner in Japanese, so we don't know what MG intended. Conan is the one who understood it as if she's Sera's sister, but if the way CR subbed it is the actual way it was meant to be understood by Conan (and they revealed it to us by mistake), suggesting that she's "his sister" would mean that she's also a fellow shrunk person.

Of course we also have the problem of what she even knows on Conan. Sera knows he's Shinichi, but we have no indication she has told this to MG, so maybe at the very least MG knows he's shrunk.
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: Week #3

Post by Kor »

Third poll is up

This poll will last up until next Monday until we get the spoilers for the new file.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

Bourbon, Sera, and the Mystery Girl all have British connections--that's my opinion at this juncture.

In other words: Bourbon may have spent some time there as a child or in early teenhood, Sera spent time there in her teenage years at the very least (instead of just America as she keeps leading everyone to believe), and the Mystery Girl is from there.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Jd- wrote:Bourbon, Sera, and the Mystery Girl all have British connections
My votes as well. Not too sure if it's a good thing if it turns out to be correct (3 new characters in 100 files having British connections is a bit odd), but we'll see.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

I agree with Jd- and basically everything he said.
Not to mention Sera called it "football" instead of soccer.
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

I voted for the first three as well Amuro, Masumi, and MG.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Touichi Kuroba

Post by Touichi Kuroba »

Went with Amuro, MG and Sera.Dunno why, but the last polls which wasn't as interesting to converse over unlike the Middle Bro, since everyone shared the opinion that MG was Sera's mother, hopefully this isn't as flat as the last poll :/
Commi-Ninja

Post by Commi-Ninja »

All of them, for reasons stated above. Rum mostly by association. If he's not connected to Bourbon, Sera, and MG in some way, I'll be disappointed.