Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,100-1,102

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
blackmoon

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,100-1,102

Post by blackmoon »

Anton-9 wrote:
October 8th, 2022, 12:30 am
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
October 7th, 2022, 9:43 am
Shinji29 wrote:
October 7th, 2022, 9:10 am
Spoiler:
Is he Haneda Yasuharu?
Haneda surname has the Kanji for wing.
Spoiler:
I mean, Goshō could just be like, "yep, here's the BO boss, not even in shadow", but I think the probability of that is less likely than him being someone else and Goshō trying to get people to think he is the BO boss.

Though the question this all raises is... if one of these two old men we've seen lately (first the guy in the limo on oxygen, now this guy) is Yasuharu Haneda... then who's the other one?
I have a theory though. Both these two are boss suspects at the first glance but not really the boss if we take a deeper inspection.
The first man knew of Mary and Masumi's location, Mary being alive and the possible shrinking effects of APTX 4869. So he could be Yusuharu Haneda or someone Yusuharu relies on aka Momiji Ooka's grandfather.
The second man holds a hawk shaped crane, has Jirokichi like eyebrows, is simply mad at Conan taking the spotlight during Kid capture, all points to some old Suzuki patriarch. There is another possibility too that he is related to Saguru Hakuba as Hakuba too has a falcon named Watson.
But fun fact, the hissing sound that Itakura heard over the phone is produced by cats, falcons and ventilators. I think all this is a tease to make the readers identify these suspects as BO boss candidates.

I think this is pretty interesting that those so called boss candidates are more likely to be heads of Ooka/Haneda or Suzuki family who are pretty much parallel and challengers to Karasuma.
Think ill agree with you on that ;D
Well think about it... why would the old man be pissed off after reading the news about Conan catching Kid?
If he were Haneda Yasuharu, there should be no connection that leads Conan to Haneda's death which could potentially cause him to be furious? ::)
It's even more strange if the old man were BO boss since BO sent RUM to investigate Shinichi, and if BO were still investigating (as RUM was still trying to figure out Conan and his relationship with the new teacher Rumi) then the link between Shinichi and Conan shouldn't have been confirmed yet!! So what is there for him to be so mad about??? ???

Then again, if he were old Suzuki patriarch, shouldn't he actually be happy that the crown was not stolen instead of being jealous over seeing news about Conan flunking Kid's ploy in stealing the crown? I mean it would make more sense if he were stabbing the photo of Kid rather than Conan if he were related to the Suzuki family. 8-)

Hmm... did he perhaps gambled and lost all his money by betting on Kid winning and successfully making the steal? ;D
Would be fun if the old man does appear again in later files though ;)
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

Or he wants to see Jirokichi losing to Kaito and getting red faced. Or he could be Saguru Hakuba's mentor/grand-dad who is dejected at the fact that Conan is one upping Hakuba.
Shinji29

Post by Shinji29 »

Or he's Genichirou Kaneshiro? Or could he be the boss of magic Kaito organisation?
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Anton-9 wrote:
October 8th, 2022, 12:30 am
October 7th, 2022, 9:43 am
Shinji29 wrote:
October 7th, 2022, 9:10 am
Spoiler:
Is he Haneda Yasuharu?
Haneda surname has the Kanji for wing.
Spoiler:
I mean, Goshō could just be like, "yep, here's the BO boss, not even in shadow", but I think the probability of that is less likely than him being someone else and Goshō trying to get people to think he is the BO boss.

Though the question this all raises is... if one of these two old men we've seen lately (first the guy in the limo on oxygen, now this guy) is Yasuharu Haneda... then who's the other one?
I have a theory though. Both these two are boss suspects at the first glance but not really the boss if we take a deeper inspection.
The first man knew of Mary and Masumi's location, Mary being alive and the possible shrinking effects of APTX 4869. So he could be Yusuharu Haneda or someone Yusuharu relies on aka Momiji Ooka's grandfather.
The second man holds a hawk shaped crane, has Jirokichi like eyebrows, is simply mad at Conan taking the spotlight during Kid capture, all points to some old Suzuki patriarch. There is another possibility too that he is related to Saguru Hakuba as Hakuba too has a falcon named Watson.
But fun fact, the hissing sound that Itakura heard over the phone is produced by cats, falcons and ventilators. I think all this is a tease to make the readers identify these suspects as BO boss candidates.

I think this is pretty interesting that those so called boss candidates are more likely to be heads of Ooka/Haneda or Suzuki family who are pretty much parallel and challengers to Karasuma.
The way Goshō's presented each of them says he wants us to think, "that's the BO boss!". I'm pretty sure neither one of them is, so yeah, they could very well be BO boss suspects... so even though the Rum arc hasn't ended, we're getting to the point of Goshō introducing BO boss suspects, huh? Then I wonder if there'll be 1 or 2 more suspects shown. If it's just one, we may have our man with the next old man who shows up. If it's two, then that may be what Goshō was hinting at back at the end of the Bourbon arc with the 4 coaster trick Agasa used on the DBs (File 898/Episode 783).
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

October 8th, 2022, 11:37 pm

The way Goshō's presented each of them says he wants us to think, "that's the BO boss!". I'm pretty sure neither one of them is, so yeah, they could very well be BO boss suspects... so even though the Rum arc hasn't ended, we're getting to the point of Goshō introducing BO boss suspects, huh? Then I wonder if there'll be 1 or 2 more suspects shown. If it's just one, we may have our man with the next old man who shows up. If it's two, then that may be what Goshō was hinting at back at the end of the Bourbon arc with the 4 coaster trick Agasa used on the DBs (File 898/Episode 783).
I think you're on to something pretty interesting. As of now we can clearly see that these two are junk suspects. So by no means we should have just another boss suspect. I think there would be at least 2-3 more solid suspects. But if we were to go by Rum arc then most of the suspects were junk suspects for Rum that is.

At lest Tsutomu candidates and Asaka candidates are looking more promising though.

The driver, Iori and Kuroda are Tsutomu candidates, Iori, Kuroda and Rumi are Asaka candidates.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Shinji29 wrote:
October 8th, 2022, 10:35 am
Or he's Genichirou Kaneshiro? Or could he be the boss of magic Kaito organisation?
Very unlikely. I don't see why there's a need to involve Magic Kaito plot in Conan.

It's probably some new character, a red herring like "Vader".
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"