Discussion thread: Detective Conan 984-986

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Serinox

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 984-98X

Post by Serinox »

k11chi wrote:
Swagnarok wrote:
k11chi wrote:
Swagnarok wrote:
Spoiler:
So now they're putting sexual violence in DC?
Spoiler:
Why assume that they won't just brutally attack her on a video instead..
Spoiler:
Wikipedia defines gangbanging as "a situation in which several people engage in physical sexual activity with one particular individual sequentially or at the same time." But I guess that as it's used here it could just mean they brutally attack her.
Spoiler:
Even in the sexual context it's a dirty kind of word... It's not something you'd think of seriously unlike Rape which would have been the translation i'm pretty sure instead of "gangbang" (a sillier word).
Spoiler:
Actually, the word used in the text spoilers can mean both "gang rape" and "gang bang", but is mostly used for "gang rape". Not that an unconsentual gang bang like it would be in this story is any different from a gang rape.
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

additional spoiler from same person
Spoiler:
暴漢B「女弁護士の携帯電話を持って行くのか?」
暴漢A「ああ… 女房の恥ずかしい動画を…旦那の毛利小五郎にも拝ませてやるんだよ!」
暴漢A「何ィ!?」「こっちは撮影準備万端だってのによ!!」
(中略)
暴漢C「フン…逃げられたのなら… 捕まえる楽しみが出来たと思えばそれでいい… さあ…牝鹿をとっ捕まえて皮をひん剥こうじゃねぇか…」

I guess that's why the text spoilers got the impression of "輪姦". I don't even think the gangsters really planned to sexually assault Eri. Gosho might mislead us readers on purpose.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Translation of additional spoiler for file 984:
Spoiler:
Assaulter B: "You're going to take her cellphone with you?"
Assaulter A: "Yeah.... I'm going to have her husband, that Mouri Kogorou, see shameful videos of his wife!"
Assaulter A: "What!?" "And here I had it all ready to shoot some videos!"
(omission)
Assaulter C: "Hmpf... If she ran away... Think of it this way: now we can have fun trying to catch her... Well... Let's catch that female deer right away and peel off her skin, shall we...?"
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Seems that getting spoiler pics on Friday is no longer going to be a thing... well, it was nice while it lasted.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Of course, right when I say that... good thing I was thinking more about "it seems," rather than "it is." Guess we'll have to see if this is a one time thing, or if we'll just be getting spoiler pics after text spoilers, now.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4940276601?pn=1

And some Movie 21 stuff to go with it, too.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
iiRoYaL

Post by iiRoYaL »

Spoiler:
"Eri multiplies"
That reminds me of Rum's body doubles ::)
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Lol this video was in my youtube suggestions PERFECT thank the internet gods
2:00 Kogoro ;) ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9HlFxTHSpc
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:Seems that getting spoiler pics on Friday is no longer going to be a thing... well, it was nice while it lasted.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Of course, right when I say that... good thing I was thinking more about "it seems," rather than "it is." Guess we'll have to see if this is a one time thing, or if we'll just be getting spoiler pics after text spoilers, now.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4940276601?pn=1

And some Movie 21 stuff to go with it, too.
Spoiler:
Just to let you know, more spoiler pics are now up, at that link. If you go to page 3 of this thread on baidu, you'll see them.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
yoko91

Post by yoko91 »

Just a question... Why do you put EVERY message under a spoiler tag in these kind of threads? Wouldn't putting a spoiler tag in the title and posting normally be the same thing?
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

Forum policy:
Kor wrote: Use spoiler boxes for the first seven days in which a file is available
We all abide by it.
yoko91

Post by yoko91 »

Spimer wrote:Forum policy:
Kor wrote: Use spoiler boxes for the first seven days in which a file is available
We all abide by it.
But this thread is about the last chapter. An user should be aware that there will be a lot of spoilers. Why would you come here if you are still reading the first volume?
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

yoko91 wrote:
Spimer wrote:Forum policy:
We all abide by it.
But this thread is about the last chapter. An user should be aware that there will be a lot of spoilers. Why would you come here if you are still reading the first volume?
It's not for the sake of people who aren't caught up yet with the manga, it's for the people who want to wait until there's a decent translation of the file. Some people don't want to be spoiled by the text spoiler, spoiler pics, etc.
Tantei San
It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Post by Tantei San »

Btw, Is the full manga file out now. Today's 17th , that's why.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

In Japan it's already the 18th so it's oficially out.

But remember: no asking or posting links to raw versions or scanlations.
archit18

Post by archit18 »

Spimer wrote:In Japan it's already the 18th so it's oficially out.

But remember: no asking or posting links to raw versions or scanlations.
Also i wanted to ask that if we read the manga from legal websites by paying can we talk about it?
Also the people here read the manga by fan translations or legal translations ?
Tantei San
It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Post by Tantei San »

Well basically if you want to talk about it , you are free to talk but you have to keep your posts under spoiler tags for the first 6-7 days or so but cannot ask or post regarding links.