Discussion thread: Detective Conan 984-986

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
KaitoRizu

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 984-98X

Post by KaitoRizu »

ryndk wrote:hello, i'm new here. when will the 987 chapter come out?
Spoilers on Friday or Saturday, the actual file on Tuesday
Thanks for the SS Kamite! ;D
Spoiler:
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Welcome! :)

Spoiler pictures from 987 should come out Friday morning, and text spoilers (a summary) for 987 should come out the following day.

You can check the DCTP spoiler box for links to both, when they come out:

http://www.dctp.ws/spoilers/
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

KaitoRizu wrote:
Spoilers on Friday or Saturday, the actual file on Tuesday
In Japan it's wednesday, but of course it depends on timezones.
As for 987, it'll be out next week on the 14th/15th.
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
boruto

Re: Discussion thread: Detective Conan 984-986

Post by boruto »

And ... it was Eri who first called "Darling!" ;D
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

Huh? I missed this thread or the files discussed back then and thought this came out after 2019.

As with my other recent post, this won't be a frequent point of discussion, but this being yet another suspicion are ending as expected is why I feel speculation is entirely fair on what's (possibly) to come or not.

Basically if we don't get a very strong story from the longtime status quo, then that is the red flag to changes things for real.

1. This suspicious story doesn't really do anything new. Ran cornering Conan without a plan? Check. Her being thrown off by a recording even though say voice changing wouldn't be that more far fetched than a teenager reverting back into the body of a kid? Check.

Possibly is Ran just backing down for the time being, but still suspicious? Check. That happened with Volume 14/Episode 96.

2. In fairness it was done so the field trip stuff would play out as it did. But their relationship upgrade? Any pay off with new types of stories? Just seems like the London confession in that it was recognized that change was necessary, but in a half-hearted bit so that stories in-between are the same.
The Mystery of Conan Edogawa.

Arguably one of the best attempts at tackling the story of "Ran discovering the secret behind Conan". It's strong point is taking a common plot for Detective Conan fan fics and presenting it in a fresh manner such as:
- Touching on things that aren't dealt with in the show or discussed much.
- While there is some understanding towards Conan's predicament, the fic doesn't ignore the problematic approach he takes towards keeping quiet.

So, do yourself a favor and read this. I only wish I could so something half as decent.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Don't revive topìcs that have been inactive for more than 3 months ("necroposting"), please.

Use an existing, recent topics.

Topic locked.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"