Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,085-1087

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Reader

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,085-1087

Post by Reader »

So it seems like Chihaya Hagiwara is back. Jugo is also present with her in a party of finding marriage partner. Seems like Gosho wants to wrap their story pretty quickly.
Last edited by Reader on February 6th, 2022, 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kor
Administrator

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,085-108X

Post by Kor »

Conan's absence from the majority of the chapter was a bit weird.

I kinda hoped this new year would bring us back to more plot after the previous lackluster year, but that probably won't be happening until after the movie and its manga promotions. Chapter 1100 is likely to happen this year, so perhaps that's when things will start rolling again.
Reader

Post by Reader »

The case looks interesting. it seems once again we have a three parter case. I think the mask is meant to cover the whole face, but is being shown to cover only around the eyes...Artistic choice? Will be interesting to see if Conan does a sleeping Kogoro in chihaya's presence in the next file. And also it's about time the gears of the story start to turn assuming we are expecting something huge for 1100.
Reader

Post by Reader »

Have to say, I liked three parter this time. Even the flashback clicked well. The case was okay. Gosho tries to please chihaya-jugo and takagi-sato fans in one shot. And also gives more character to jinpei, which is always welcome irrespective of the character, and not just because of movie promo.
Besides, it was satisfying to see the classic sleeping Kogoro make a come-back... never gets old. And does Chihaya know about the brains behind Kogoro now? Looks like it, maybe.
We might get one more WPS character reference case. I hope Gosho breaks away from this three parter format for a change and gives us a long fleshed out case.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Reader wrote:
February 4th, 2022, 10:47 am
And does Chihaya know about the brains behind Kogoro now? Looks like it, maybe.
We might get one more WPS character reference case. I hope Gosho breaks away from this three parter format for a change and gives us a long fleshed out case.
If Goshō is setting up an eventual team-up between her, Taka'aki/Kōmei and Rei/Bourbon for the big confrontation case of the Rum arc, then all this focus on those connected to the WPS 5 would really pay off.

The 3 parters have actually been in the minority ever since the Karasuma reveal—Goshō has done mostly 4-part cases or longer for the past 4 years. But ever since the FBI Vs BO 6-part case, yeah, it's been all 3-parters—7 in a row, including this case.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Anton-9

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,085-1087

Post by Anton-9 »

Any guess what the next case would be ?
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Anton-9 wrote:
February 14th, 2022, 10:58 am
Any guess what the next case would be ?
Wakita case. We have 4 files left for volume 102, and there has been a pattern of case types recurring every 5th volume:
Spoiler:
The 5-volume Pattern

Volume 90: Rum development (ASACA RUM)
Volume 95: Rum development (Orders Bourbon)
Volume 100: Rum development (Orders Vermouth + Reveal)
Volume 105:

Volume 91: Kid case (tree god)
Volume 96: Kid case (fairy's lip)
Volume 101: Kid case (Queen's Bangs)

Volume 92: Wakita case (intro case) + Rumi case (white hand)
Volume 97: Wakita case (Nagano church) + Rumi case (wild vegetables)
Volume 102:

Volume 93: Momiji-Iori cases (Iori intro + Kendo)
Volume 98: Momiji-Iori case (love code)
Volume 103:

Volume 94: Sera case (secret café) + Amuro-Kazami case (Kazami intro)
Volume 99: Sera case (Vauxhall bridge) + Amuro-Kazami case (Farm)
Volume 104:
I suspect we are getting a 3-chapter Wakita case, and then the last file of volume 102 will start-off a Wakasa case (or alternatively, we get the awaited proper Wakita+Wakasa case).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Anton-9

Post by Anton-9 »

I suspect we are getting a 3-chapter Wakita case, and then the last file of volume 102 will start-off a Wakasa case (or alternatively, we get the awaited proper Wakita+Wakasa case).
You're not alone.
I too think that a Wakasa and Wakita face-off case coming after a 3-chapter Wakita case which might set up Wakita as a suspicious person for Conan.
Cause as of now Wakita isn't a very strong suspect for Conan.
In a way I'm not discounting further movie promotions, but I think there is nothing else to promote. Hagiwara, Scotch, Matsuda, Date all got their homages and promotions.
Thanks for your inputs.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Anton-9 wrote:
February 15th, 2022, 2:39 am
You're not alone.
I too think that a Wakasa and Wakita face-off case coming after a 3-chapter Wakita case which might set up Wakita as a suspicious person for Conan.
Cause as of now Wakita isn't a very strong suspect for Conan.
In a way I'm not discounting further movie promotions, but I think there is nothing else to promote. Hagiwara, Scotch, Matsuda, Date all got their homages and promotions.
Thanks for your inputs.
There is always room for Takagi-Sato moments (since they are cops that can easily appear in any case in Tokyo), but I think we are completely done with WPS gang when it comes to the movie promotions (apart from Rei ofc).
Np.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q