DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Arringtastic1992

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post by Arringtastic1992 »

Conan2002 wrote:
March 20th, 2023, 3:36 pm
Very interesting, ever since the wikia (Detective-Conan World) stopped listing the OSTs I couldn't keep-up, especially since I haven't watched every movie. You can't really blame them, since a-lot of the new music hasn't been made available (like the re-mixes of classic tracks).
Hello.
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

A post I made recently, but just the gist of it here.

Given how popular the property is, albeit arguably the anime, is there a reason Gosho couldn't just end the storyline in the manga and just let the show continue on with anime only cases?

Especially as even early back as the start there have been discrepancies keeping it from aligning with the manga.

And besides the Doraemon mention in my previous post, it wouldn't be the first property to have different continuities in various mediums. Movies for instance having Kaito Kid aware of who Conan is while the manga not so much or certain.
The Mystery of Conan Edogawa.

Arguably one of the best attempts at tackling the story of "Ran discovering the secret behind Conan". It's strong point is taking a common plot for Detective Conan fan fics and presenting it in a fresh manner such as:
- Touching on things that aren't dealt with in the show or discussed much.
- While there is some understanding towards Conan's predicament, the fic doesn't ignore the problematic approach he takes towards keeping quiet.

So, do yourself a favor and read this. I only wish I could so something half as decent.
Conan2002

Post by Conan2002 »

Antiyonder wrote:
March 3rd, 2024, 5:22 pm
A post I made recently, but just the gist of it here.

Given how popular the property is, albeit arguably the anime, is there a reason Gosho couldn't just end the storyline in the manga and just let the show continue on with anime only cases?

Especially as even early back as the start there have been discrepancies keeping it from aligning with the manga.

And besides the Doraemon mention in my previous post, it wouldn't be the first property to have different continuities in various mediums. Movies for instance having Kaito Kid aware of who Conan is while the manga not so much or certain.
I thought maybe it has something to do with how some of the other threads keep the series still popular. Romance is also I think very popular in Detective Conan (the will they, won’t they), as are other relationships so it’d be kind-of hard to go back once they are all resolved.
Arringtastic1992 wrote:
March 3rd, 2024, 4:37 pm
Conan2002 wrote:
March 20th, 2023, 3:36 pm
Very interesting, ever since the wikia (Detective-Conan World) stopped listing the OSTs I couldn't keep-up, especially since I haven't watched every movie. You can't really blame them, since a-lot of the new music hasn't been made available (like the re-mixes of classic tracks).
Hello.
Hey
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

I mean the anime is eve slower at the pace cause of the manga keeping in place, plus the anime exclusive episodes and really the only ones who would care about plot progression romance or otherwise would probably be happy just to have any outlet for what they seek.

But for those who don't read manga, you could still solve the matter via some OVAs for those who want closure in show form.

Plus for fun if Gosho still wants to do manga work, maybe some variations of the story based on various points he planned to end it such as how the conclusion would have played out as a three months series.

Kind of like how Tenchi had three different tellings in a short amount of time back in the day with the OVA, Tenchi Universe and Tenchi in Tokyo.

Heck also like how Dragon Ball Super had both a manga and anime doing different versions of the same story. Or heck, the movies retelling OG Dragon Ball sagas, even revisiting the first story while GT started. Or just each of the movies that weren't even canon.

Heck, besides the movie version of Kaito Kid being in the know of Conan's secret, the anime story wise already isn't so compliant with the manga.

Such as how some reshuffling of the manga stories meant some notable changes. The Luxury Liner Serial Murder Case for example is the introduction of the Wristwatch stungun. The Mountain Villa Murder Case introduces Sonoko as well as her meeting Conan for the first time (As far as she knows and the scene is absent from the anime entirely) and being the one Conan impersonated to solve the case.

Sonoko, plus the Wristwatch stungun is introduced in the anime's first exclusive episode the Valentines Murder Case. And Sonoko is used for solving the crime in A June Bride Murder Case for the first time. Yet the Mountain Villa Murder Case (still introduces Sonoko's sister) oddly has Conan planning to solve the case with Ran even though he has done so with Sonoko before.

Plus the snafu with Gin and Vodka being omitted from The Shinkansen Bomb Case in the anime, yet the Game Company Murder Case still has him aware of their codenames. Oops.

Arguably one of the best attempts at tackling the story of "Ran discovering the secret behind Conan". It's strong point is taking a common plot for Detective Conan fan fics and presenting it in a fresh manner such as:
- While there is some understanding towards Conan's predicament, the fic doesn't ignore the problematic approach he takes towards keeping quiet.

So, do yourself a favor and read this. I only wish I could so something half as decent.
Conan2002

Post by Conan2002 »

Yeah, I thought that before too that they could resolve the main-story & then just go back & do the “lost cases” or something. Saying “this took place before the end”, but that was the best reason I could think for it. Maybe they also think a large portion of the fans’d lose interest afterward and that’s why.
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

Oh you mean what the higher ups think. Possibly. Though I would think that manga being in the position it's in to where even subplots for Sera and Mary being even slower than Bourbon's reveal, which was more so slower than the introduction and reveal of Vermouth shows that the fans more into the cases aren't bothered by the constant stuff. Which is cool of course.

Otherwise yeah, we probably wouldn't even be having these discussions from say 2013 to now about when they will end the story (I'm refering to us posters in general as I noticed you joined not too long ago).😅 Or just recurring ideas like the 5th suspicion arc for Ran (Which I feel didn't really add anything new to the table).

I mean a part of me feels maybe the serial elements were implemented for the concern that a property can be a gold mine without such. But Simpsons managed it even longer for good or ill without any real plans. Even SpongeBob seems like it's going to be that way too.

Conan2002

Post by Conan2002 »

Those might never end, yeah. Detective Conan has a main-story that will eventually end though I think, whether they continue after or not is up-to them (the producers of anime & publisher/right-holders).
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

So since it likely wouldn't last as a thread and for anyone caring to weigh in, how do you think the Detective Boys' relationship to Shinichi will be in the end?

I'm thinking they will find out, but depending on if the story ends with them being more skillful by the finale, I imagine them encounter Shinichi during a case. Now keep in mind of course that manga continuity shows that they know of him, but only meeting him one during the Desperate Revival contrary to anime added moments even in adapted episodes.

In the first place, he will probably slip up and go into Conan mode as occasionally done, but I have to figure even welhen reigning it in, as well as not being the same Shinichi Post-Conan, the kids would recognize some of their friend's behavior/mannerism in a fashion that they can't shake off suspicion.

Probably even a good way to show that they will still be able to make it as detectives in their own right.

Conan2002

Post by Conan2002 »

I think they might still be friends, but maybe they won’t know that Shinichi is Conan like you said. Maybe some excuse, like Conan left to live with his parents again or something lol.
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

Incidentally, Gosho ever voice an opinion on Detective Pikachu. Just wonder if even non-canonincal if that would get a crossover with Conan in any way.😁 Could always approach it as they did with the first OVA.

Wonder if Mitsuhiko gets teased for sounding like Pikachu.

Conan2002

Post by Conan2002 »

They made a joke like that in the Two-Mix episode where they said Minami Takayama (as the character) sounded like Conan.
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

Yeah speaking of they have the Roller Coaster Murder Case up to that one on the streaming service Crackle. Subbed, but legal and free.

So I'm not sure how informed you or anyone are on soundtrack names, but two pieces of music interest me, but I don't know the name of either.

1. Plays for the first time for the recap at the start of Case of the Murdered Diplomat Part 2. A different rendition plays during the second Drama when Shinichi is trying to keep Gin and Vodka away from an elevator than Ran and Haibara are in.

2. A music that is heard during the school play in the Desperate Revival Part 3 (Episode 190) when the black knight (Shinichi) shows up, and when "Shinichi" (Heiji) sits down next to "Conan" (Haibara).

Conan2002

Post by Conan2002 »

I can’t look-up the second right-now, but the first one is the Detective Conan ~ New Main Theme from Detective-Conan Original Sound-Track 3. That’s on YouTube.

The BGM listings are on Detective-Conan World:

https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wik ... urder_Case
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

Well nice to know that one at least. Though to be clear, I meant the music playing from when Gin and Vodka decide to pursue him up to the moment they find he's using the elevator.

Yeah unfortunately some are unidentified or unnamed, so they might have videos, but not easy to locate.

Conan2002

Post by Conan2002 »

I’m not quite sure about the second one as I just looked that up, but which episode does the elevator scene play?