DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Antiyonder

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post by Antiyonder »

I'm talking about the second live action drama from 2007 "Shinichi Kudo Returns! Confrontation with the Black Organization".

For context, Sherry (turning back into Ai) and an unconscious Ran are using an elevator to go to the building roof where they will be picked up safety in a police helicopter, while Shinichi has to keep Gin & Vodka from discovering the two.

Music plays when Gin and Vodka starts pursuit of him to Shinichi figuring that Ai and Ran should be at the building top and uses the elevator to go to floor 20. Or if you have viewing access, it starts at 1:13:54 and ends at 1:15:20.
The Mystery of Conan Edogawa.

Arguably one of the best attempts at tackling the story of "Ran discovering the secret behind Conan". It's strong point is taking a common plot for Detective Conan fan fics and presenting it in a fresh manner such as:
- Touching on things that aren't dealt with in the show or discussed much.
- While there is some understanding towards Conan's predicament, the fic doesn't ignore the problematic approach he takes towards keeping quiet.

So, do yourself a favor and read this. I only wish I could so something half as decent.
Conan2002

Post by Conan2002 »

I just looked the drama up on YouTube and yeah it seems to be a different version of the music, but I don’t know if that was ever released or specifically created & only used for the drama.
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

It or a variation was used for Episode 48 Case of the Murdered Diplomat Part 2 during the recap of Part 1.

Arguably one of the best attempts at tackling the story of "Ran discovering the secret behind Conan". It's strong point is taking a common plot for Detective Conan fan fics and presenting it in a fresh manner such as:
- While there is some understanding towards Conan's predicament, the fic doesn't ignore the problematic approach he takes towards keeping quiet.

So, do yourself a favor and read this. I only wish I could so something half as decent.
Conan2002

Post by Conan2002 »

Yeah, the one I said before is the one I think was used for the Diplomat case, but the one from the drama is different I think.
Antiyonder

Post by Antiyonder »

Guess I'll have to luck into finding it. I did with most of the music at least.

So one reason I'm half expecting he Detective Boys to be in on the secret by the end is mainly for the reason I'm guessing we never had them around him for more than a moment. Given how he is more himself when it's just them, yeah I have to imagine seeing Shinichi solve a case would be too familiar and reminding them of Conan.

Also given some stories where he as Shinichi has himself concealed (Black Knight during the school play and Shiragami), I'm just expecting him to have to go undercover as Kamen Yaiba which would fit given the secret id. Plus?

Well in the manga, The Shinkansen Bomb Case besides actually having Gin and Vodka was followed by The Coded Map of the City Case. And it was in a removed scene where Conan finishes telling Ran his secret. You know, that he is Kamen Yaiba. Also for those not in the know, the manga version of the story is where that flashback of Shinichi giving Ran a generic cola was from.

Edit: In fact for some good reading, I especially recommend this for anyone who is more familiar with one side of the Fandom just to see how much is altered or excised:
https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wik ... _and_anime

Started it early 2010s cause a good chunk of early Funimation dubbed episodes I saw often on Adult Swim, thus more detail to go on.