Do you ever feel like Detective-Conan is like a time-capsule?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Conan2002

Do you ever feel like Detective-Conan is like a time-capsule?

Post by Conan2002 »

I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but for some-time now I think I feel that about the series. The series truly does feel like a time-capsule at-times, like the 90s feel like the 90s, the early 2000s feel like the early 2000s and so-on. Which I feel is maybe weird, because a-lot of it might be in Japan only, like fashion or even celebrities for example. Yet I some-how feel this way. Phones for sure though I think. How about you?
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Re: Do you ever feel like Detective-Conan is like a time-capsule?

Post by kkslider5552000 »

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it's going for. At least by the time it had gone on long enough for technology to advance to a substantial degree.

I wanna say at some point they implied events that happened early or before the first episode/chapter had modern cell phones or something to that effect, which is very funny considering how much they literally didn't exist when the series started.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Conan2002

Re: Do you ever feel like Detective-Conan is like a time-capsule?

Post by Conan2002 »

LOL. Maybe it was the “Episode One” special or something. That might be another reason I prefer the old episodes. There’s a sense of nostalgia maybe too I think.