What are the best (modern) AOs?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Conan2002

What are the best (modern) AOs?

Post by Conan2002 »

I've heard before that AOs quality has gone-down, so from the more recent ones which did you like & you can also include old ones?

I remember back in the golden days there were many great ones, like: the car-explosion/sister case, treasure case (60-something episodes), assassin case (both there is the Fox one, but also an older one) & many more I can't remember to list most likely. The first AO was also good, the one with the valentine.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain
Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Re: What are the best (modern) AOs?

Post by kkslider5552000 »

The one I saw recently was pretty good. Kids avoiding being murdered in the snow storm for one of them being a witness is a good idea for a two parter.

The best modern AOs I can remember though is that 3 parter that came out in like 2011 that was exactly as good as a manga case, and there were a few others around 2015-2016 that were quite good. There was a great two parter focused on Kogoro, two really good one-offs that reminded you that Conan actually has emotions and had a past as a teenager (a weird thing for the series to largely ignore nowadays) in the middle of dealing with an interesting character, and a really funny Takagi one off. Among others. Literally no one but me ever noticed or cared but for a year the anime team were back on track for original stories (not too long after also making two actually good movies in the Lupin crossover and Movie 18), but that didn't last unfortunately. Now they're just a mixed bag that averages out to being...ok. Which us doubly a shame since AOs are now probably the majority of the series going forward.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: https://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f= ... 94#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Conan2002

Re: What are the best (modern) AOs?

Post by Conan2002 »

That was one with an “Otaku”, right?! I remember something like that. I mean the one in 2011. I think the Kogoro one you mean is the car-explosion one I mentioned. The one with a woman he tutored when they were younger. A character-focused one was really good & different.

EDIT: Actually you most likely mean another one for the Kogoro one, since you meant a modern one.