Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
MDavid

Re: Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

Post by MDavid »

sstimson wrote:As this involves, Bluetooth, Wifi, and likely 4G(?), and one is on top of a building, and the other jumped from it, It leads me to ask why would she be there, and the answer I get is the Building has or had a cell tower. How about this idea: It like a great show that might only happen once is on TV. After making the TV tuned the best you can, it is still not enough, and you either get a very grainy picture, or only snow. So you go up on the roof to see if you can fix the problem, and like so many comic scenes, you end up almost falling off with the antenna before the picture comes in prefect.

I guess that some event is happening on line now and this is not only a once in a lifetime event, but also a life changing event. However, like the TV, the event can not be seen because the Wifi is down. She might be receiving a very week 4G signal, and like TV come to the source to try and fix it. Only for it to go wrong and she gets killed. Or maye they are putting up an antenna to improve the Signal, how ever the BOOM hit and kills her because he lost control of it for a brief moment (anyone who has sailed, and Jived, know how hard a metal pole can hit you [WEAR A HELMENT])
Omg what a story. ;D
miyano_shiho wrote:The wife may have tripped because of one of those cables (though I'm not sure if she could die from it...), also causing the internet to be disconnected.
Well done! Let's say she was unlucky. Your turn. :)

Also, 200!
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Post by miyano_shiho »

Yay 200! \o/

I don't have a riddle yet, and I think it should be a special one since we reached the 200th page. :) Let's see if I can give it within the next 48 hours...

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

Jefufuh wrote:maybe 10 more.
Is correct.
sstimson wrote:I feel I need to add a question to the above. From here, it might indeed take nine post, but how many days is it going to take to get those nine posts?
Well the answer here is 14 days
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

Sorry, I'm actually quite busy right now and I couldn't think of a special riddle (I was planning to make a case but I guess that would have to wait...). For now, here's a random short riddle I thought about. :)

How do you make this equation correct (without adding numbers)?

80 + 72 = 232

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
aly_angelflight
Get that squirrel!

Post by aly_angelflight »

miyano_shiho wrote:Sorry, I'm actually quite busy right now and I couldn't think of a special riddle (I was planning to make a case but I guess that would have to wait...). For now, here's a random short riddle I thought about. :)

80 + 72 = 232
That's easy enough. :P
Spoiler:
80+ -72 = 2*3+2
With the asterisk being a multiplication sign, of course.
"I suppose he could have changed. I myself have noticed my growing resemblance to a daffodil.”
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9258-9521
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

Sorry, I forgot to mention that operators aren't needed (you just need to add something to make it true in a certain context).

Another example:

80 + 40 = 200

First example (for reference):

80 + 72 = 232

EDIT
Note:
The solution to both examples should be the same. In other words, you just need to add the same 'thing' to both examples to make them true.

miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

Another one:

30 + 30 = 100

:V

Nix
<3

Post by Nix »

Spoiler:
Add a diagonal slash on the equal sign.
:V
3DS FC: 0688-5509-6235
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

^
No. :V

80 + 72 = 232
80 + 40 = 200
30 + 30 = 100
50 + 11 = 101

You just need to add something to make them true in a certain context.

Hint:
Try actually adding them. :V

I didn't think it would be that hard... :x

sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

No the answer but 50 + 11 = 61 , Six in binary is 110 One would be 001, 61 is 111101 if you subtract one from the six it looks like this 101 which is Five, Eleven is 1011

I know no help
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

Nope.

Last example I'm going to give... :V

80 + 72 = 232
80 + 40 = 200
30 + 30 = 100
50 + 11 = 101
100 + 80 = 300

Again, try adding them and look for a pattern. :V

Kogorou
*drinking beer and playing guitar*

Post by Kogorou »

miyano_shiho wrote:Sorry, I forgot to mention that operators aren't needed (you just need to add something to make it true in a certain context).

Another example:

80 + 40 = 200

First example (for reference):

80 + 72 = 232

EDIT
Note:
The solution to both examples should be the same. In other words, you just need to add the same 'thing' to both examples to make them true.
Spoiler:
80 + 40 + 80 = 200
80 + 72 + 80 = 232
miyano_shiho wrote:Nope.

Last example I'm going to give... :V

80 + 72 = 232
80 + 40 = 200
30 + 30 = 100
50 + 11 = 101
100 + 80 = 300

Again, try adding them and look for a pattern. :V
Spoiler:
80 + 80 + 72 = 232
80 + 80 + 40 = 200
(80/2) + 30 + 30 = 100
(80/2) + 50 + 11 = 101

100 + 80 = 300 // this one is strange :)
if we add "the" above we get 240
We would need 220 to get to 300 :)
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

Kogorou wrote:
Spoiler:
80 + 80 + 72 = 232
80 + 80 + 40 = 200
(80/2) + 30 + 30 = 100
(80/2) + 50 + 11 = 101

Spoiler:
You're right on track. Try looking for more patterns. :)
Kogorou wrote: 100 + 80 = 300 // this one is strange :)
Don't you mean 120?
120 + 100 + 80 = 300

Kogorou
*drinking beer and playing guitar*

Post by Kogorou »

miyano_shiho wrote:
Kogorou wrote:
Spoiler:
80 + 80 + 72 = 232
80 + 80 + 40 = 200
(80/2) + 30 + 30 = 100
(80/2) + 50 + 11 = 101

Spoiler:
You're right on track. Try looking for more patterns. :)
Kogorou wrote: 100 + 80 = 300 // this one is strange :)
Don't you mean 120?
120 + 100 + 80 = 300
Spoiler:
80+80+(80/2)+(80/2) = 240/2 = 120
That solves the last equation .
So there we have the solution :)

80 + 80 + 72 = 232
========== 80 : 1 solved ==============

80/1 + 80 + 40 = 200
========== 160 (80) : 2 solved ==============

(80/2) + 30 + 30 = 100
========== 200 (40) : 3 solved ==============

((80+(80/2))/3) + 50 + 11 = 101
========== 240 : 4 solved ==============

80+80+(80/2)+((80+(80/2))/3) + 100 + 80 = 300

Kogorou daishouri !!!!
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

Kogorou wrote:
Spoiler:
80+80+(80/2)+(80/2) = 240/2 = 120
That solves the last equation .
So there we have the solution :)

80 + 80 + 72 = 232
========== 80 : 1 solved ==============

80/1 + 80 + 40 = 200
========== 160 (80) : 2 solved ==============

(80/2) + 30 + 30 = 100
========== 200 (40) : 3 solved ==============

((80+(80/2))/3) + 50 + 11 = 101
========== 240 : 4 solved ==============

80+80+(80/2)+((80+(80/2))/3) + 100 + 80 = 300

Kogorou daishouri !!!!
Spoiler:
It seems interesting but the equations I gave were just random and they have nothing to do with each other... I said you were in the right track earlier because finding such patterns will lead to the real solution. :)
miyano_shiho wrote:

80 + 72 = 232
EDIT:
Spoiler:
About the hint I gave ('Try adding them'), I meant that you should try adding them separately.