Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Re: Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

Post by sstimson »

wish I could delete this one
Last edited by sstimson on April 19th, 2013, 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

sstimson wrote:
sstimson wrote:
sstimson wrote: Nothing new? Major hint. The code letter B appears 20 times and is likely the most frequent letter. So figure out what it is. It must be a vowel. You already now the E is R, so B is one of the following:A I O U and another hint. The most frequent vowels are  E A O in that order followed by I U and Y. Now go for it.
Try B as A. Maybe then it will become easy
S=R, I=H, R=E, O=F, G=I, D=L, B=Z=A

sirsr  bhbfb cjbfb abkbu bhbxb lbxbh bubkb abfbj cbfbh bogdr
RHERE A-A-A --A-A -A-A-    A-A-A -A-A-  A-A-A -A-A- -A-A- AFILE

Answer tomorrow
Spoiler:
A man, a plan, a cat, a ham, a yak, a yam, a hat, a canal-Panama!
Z nzm z kozm Z xzg z szn z bzp z bzn z szg z xzmzo kzmznz

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba-1

sirsrbhbfbcjbfbabkbubhbxblbxbhbubkbabfbjcbfbhbogdr
rhereznzmzkozmzxzgzsznzbzpzbznzszgzxzmzokzmznzfile
Now what?
Later

Invisible Member
MDavid

Re: Re: Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

Post by MDavid »

Thank you for telling the answer. I am sorry for not solving it. I think I can prepare a short mystery case if you all don't mind. You can expect it soon, not very soon but soon. :)
Cider
Community Evil Overlord

Post by Cider »

My signature could be an easy fun one :P
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

cider
almighty
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

A simple one how many post will it take to get this thread to page 200?
Later

Invisible Member
Jefufuh
I liek bananas.

Post by Jefufuh »

maybe 10 more.
Why do detectives use handkerchiefs while opening doors?
Well, they don't...
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4308246/
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBobob223
Spoiler: ATTACK!!!!!
Image                           Image                           Image
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

I feel I need to add a question to the above. From here, it might indeed take nine post, but how many days is it going to take to get those nine posts?
Later

Invisible Member
Kogorou
*drinking beer and playing guitar*

Post by Kogorou »

Wow nearly 200 pages.
Thanks sstimson for keeping this alive.
Every month I wish I had more time but due to my commitments I can't really make it :(
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

Your welcome. (7?) to go?
Later

Invisible Member
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

As promised here is a short mystery case. It is a bit absurd but not that complicated. Better than nothing I guess. ;D

As Conan was walking home from school, he ran into a crime scene once again.

Detective Takagi was investigating a man's dead body under an apartment building.

"Hello Takagi-keiji, what happened here?"

"Oh, hi Conan-kun. It seems this young man fell from the building. Oh, this time don't run around on the crime scene! Just go home."

But Conan was already heading to that high floor where the police fuss came from.

The room was full of working tech stuff and cables all across it. And a young woman was on the floor, also dead.

"Cause of death is a hit on the head with a blunt object. There is no blood spilt. Weapon has not been found yet. The murderer committed suicide."

Inspector Megure stated.

It turned out that the young couple's neighbour, an old lady heard the husband cry out his last words:

"My wife, I killed her."

Then he jumped.

"Ne-ne lady, what kind of people were they?"

"They were nice. The young man was obsessed with his gadgets. Also he was very sensitive. Somehow we always had funny conversations. Like when he asked me if I had blue tooth. I said yes, because I just had some blueberry jam. Oh I can't believe he murdered her..."

Conan decided to search the web, but when he couldn't connect to the internet on his phone, he realised what really happened.

Can you find out the sad truth?
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Post by miyano_shiho »

How 'absurd' is the solution? ;)
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure the husband meant "My wifi killed her."
So maybe she was hit by the router/modem or something... ;D

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
MDavid

Post by MDavid »

Spoiler:
miyano_shiho wrote:I'm pretty sure the husband meant "My wifi killed her."
Yes! Very good! ;D
miyano_shiho wrote:So maybe she was hit by the router/modem or something... ;D
It is reasonable but no. You are on the right track though.

Read again the circumstances, any word can be useful. Give me deductions! :)
sstimson
Everyone a Critic

Post by sstimson »

Spoiler:
As this involves, Bluetooth, Wifi, and likely 4G(?), and one is on top of a building, and the other jumped from it, It leads me to ask why would she be there, and the answer I get is the Building has or had a cell tower. How about this idea: It like a great show that might only happen once is on TV. After making the TV tuned the best you can, it is still not enough, and you either get a very grainy picture, or only snow. So you go up on the roof to see if you can fix the problem, and like so many comic scenes, you end up almost falling off with the antenna before the picture comes in prefect.

I guess that some event is happening on line now and this is not only a once in a lifetime event, but also a life changing event. However, like the TV, the event can not be seen because the Wifi is down. She might be receiving a very week 4G signal, and like TV come to the source to try and fix it. Only for it to go wrong and she gets killed. Or maye they are putting up an antenna to improve the Signal, how ever the BOOM hit and kills her because he lost control of it for a brief moment (anyone who has sailed, and Jived, know how hard a metal pole can hit you [WEAR A HELMENT])
Later

Invisible Member
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Post by miyano_shiho »

Spoiler:
MDavid wrote: The room was full of working tech stuff and cables all across it. And a young woman was on the floor, also dead.

"Cause of death is a hit on the head with a blunt object. There is no blood spilt. Weapon has not been found yet. The murderer committed suicide."

Conan decided to search the web, but when he couldn't connect to the internet on his phone, he realised what really happened.
The wife may have tripped because of one of those cables (though I'm not sure if she could die from it...), also causing the internet to be disconnected.

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley