Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

The home to DCTP Forum Mafia as well as any other type of random forum game that you can conjure up.
Raifuujin
What should I do next....

Re: Kogorous Riddle Thread and eworms Deduction Thread

Post by Raifuujin »

Aww, I missed the plushie one (though I probably wouldn't have gotten it. I like riddles, but suck at most of them, even if they are simple :P). *steals all of the thrown away plushies and waits*
1412 Phenomenon: When rational people begin acting like mischievous phantom thieves/magicians

3DS FC: 1504 6005 4982
     ___
    l     l
 __l::::l_
/\ (O_^)       Kaitou Approved
Rein
真実ã

Post by Rein »

Yeah, to be honest, I thought just having 9 4 3 would make it too easy. But for an almost rational explanation, maybe the victim just tended to feel the need to overcompensate. Or he just wasn't being rational. Or he had too much time on his hands while bleeding to death, however not enough to call an ambulance - naturally. XD
'When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.'— Sherlock Holmes

'Have faith in life until you're sure of death.'— Natsuki Koshimizu; Detective Conan
Jefufuh
I liek bananas.

Post by Jefufuh »

Um...question....
How can you have unlimited Kaito plushies and 50 Kaito plushies at the same time ???
Why do detectives use handkerchiefs while opening doors?
Well, they don't...
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4308246/
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBobob223
Spoiler: ATTACK!!!!!
Image                           Image                           Image
Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

Jefufuh wrote: Um...question....
How can you have unlimited Kaito plushies and 50 Kaito plushies at the same time ???
I'd guess when it comes to replacing the Conan plushies with a Kaito plushie. She has unlimited Kaito plushies to add as needed. (Though, she wouldn't need unlimited...but if it were me, I'd want it anyway :D)
1412 Phenomenon: When rational people begin acting like mischievous phantom thieves/magicians

___
    l     l
aly_angelflight
Get that squirrel!

Post by aly_angelflight »

I thought of it more as there were 50 of them in the basket, and you had an unlimited supply in some closet somewhere that you could grab to replace the Conan plushies if it came to that...

Anyhow...

There is a robot named Elizabeth that can print out an answer to any question it is asked. One day, you ask Elizabeth what the weather will be like tomorrow. However, for some reason, it printed out the following code:

0103030F1204090E07 140F 140805 060F120503011314 0914 17090C0C 0205 1701120D 010E04 130C090708140C19 030C0F150419 140F0D0F12120F17

Is Elizabeth broken, or did it actually print out the answer to your question?

Hint: This is much simpler than ASCII. :P
"I suppose he could have changed. I myself have noticed my growing resemblance to a daffodil.”
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9258-9521
Jefufuh
I liek bananas.

Post by Jefufuh »

Spoiler:
it's broken
Why do detectives use handkerchiefs while opening doors?
Well, they don't...
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4308246/
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBobob223
Spoiler: ATTACK!!!!!
Image                           Image                           Image
miyano_shiho
I just love numbers... :)

Post by miyano_shiho »

Spoiler:
ACCORDING TO THE FORECAST IT WILL BE WARM AND SLIGHTLY CLOUDY TOMORROW
Base 16  ;)

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

Did you guys know that there are five-letter codes for sending weather measurements like temperature, form of clouds and so on? That was because they used to be sent per telegram and they divided the text into "words" of five letters each and you were charged by the letter so why pay more for short words like "in"?
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
aly_angelflight
Get that squirrel!

Post by aly_angelflight »

miyano_shiho wrote:
Spoiler:
ACCORDING TO THE FORECAST IT WILL BE WARM AND SLIGHTLY CLOUDY TOMORROW
Base 16  ;)
Yep, that's it. ;D
Borealis wrote: Did you guys know that there are five-letter codes for sending weather measurements like temperature, form of clouds and so on? That was because they used to be sent per telegram and they divided the text into "words" of five letters each and you were charged by the letter so why pay more for short words like "in"?
I have no interest in that sort of thing, so no, I didn't know that. ^^;
"I suppose he could have changed. I myself have noticed my growing resemblance to a daffodil.”
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9258-9521
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

Sorry for the randomness, we had time switch on Sunday so my brain is telling me it's 22:14 already...
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
Rein
真実ã

Post by Rein »

Hooray for British summer time.  >_____>
'When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.'— Sherlock Holmes

'Have faith in life until you're sure of death.'— Natsuki Koshimizu; Detective Conan
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

I don't know if you already know this but here goes...

You have 20 cards, 6 with faces up and 14 with faces down. You are in a dark room and you can't see them. How will you divide the cards into two groups so that the number of cards with faces up in each group are equal? Flipping the cards is allowed.

“Friendship is like standing on wet cement. The longer you stay, the harder it's to leave, and you can never go without leaving your footprints behind.” - Unknown

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” - Nora Roberts

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." - Denis Waitley
miyano_shiho

Post by miyano_shiho »

Here's another riddle from Kamite-san that you might want to work with ;):
Kamite wrote: Help guys?
A puzzle to work with.
Hint #1

If Ocean = 52314 and Flute = 23541, this word = 749132685

Note this is not a good hint to work with unless you are really smart and want to spend a lot time analyzing it  But you can infer some things from it. Work together if you want.

Hint #2:

It is a compound word.
Spoiler: Rai's Observation
Raifuujin wrote: You should put this on the riddles and deduction game thread. I really wish I didn't have work to do right now... I'd love to try and solve this...

The only thing I got just by looking is that the letters are numbered in alphabetical order. *makes note to come back later if it is still unsolved*
Spoiler: Miyano's Observation
Since there are 9 distinct letters found in both 'ocean' and 'flute' ('e' was used twice), the word must only contain those letters. I've tried arranging them into alphabetical order but the resulting word didn't make any sense. Someone good in Text Twist should help us. ::)

Rein
真実ã

Post by Rein »

Another thought?
Spoiler:
Just thinking - since it's a compound word, would it be easier to try and work out how it's split, then renumber the words and try to find them individually? For instance a 4:5 split would become 3241 and 21453; or a 5:4 split would become 43512 and 1342.
Then try and find two words that form a compound and  that work with the code as a whole, or is it a lot of trouble for something that won't work?

Raifuujin

Post by Raifuujin »

When I see things start to become more and more complex, I almost wonder if it's actually something simple.
Spoiler: thoughts
I've tried manipulations the letters from the other two words, but nothing is really making much sense. And doing so would erase the numbering pattern.

I'm wondering if the example words themselves might be a hint. Maybe the compound word can be formed from other words having to do with 'ocean' and 'flute'.

___
    l     l